Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Commanders / Eagles - Monday Night Football

BlueShoe

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Commanders have been good ever since they went to Heinecke. Close wins vs Packers and Colts, and a close loss to the Vikings, they are playing smart and are giving themselves a chance to be in games consistently. It also tells me the Vikings are a really sound team that finds different ways to win games and if the adage "it is not who you play, it is when you play them" is true, the Vikings win over the Commanders tells me they are a really good team beyond their record.

I'm loving the way Commanders have played with Heinicke at QB. 

He was asked after a win a couple of weeks ago if he thinks he could keep the job when Wentz is healthy. He said the business is that when you've a QB getting 30 million in the year, and another QB getting 2 million, you're going to give every chance to the higher paid QB to succeed and his job is to keep the team competing until then. (paraphrasing) 

8 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'm loving the way Commanders have played with Heinicke at QB. 

He was asked after a win a couple of weeks ago if he thinks he could keep the job when Wentz is healthy. He said the business is that when you've a QB getting 30 million in the year, and another QB getting 2 million, you're going to give every chance to the higher paid QB to succeed and his job is to keep the team competing until then. (paraphrasing) 

I would not pull him unless he gave me a reason to. Can’t mess with that mojo. 

5 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Vikings fans used to tell about Heinicke kicking a trash can, getting injured and getting out of the roster just before preseason. Is my memory correct, @NFLfan

He's been good now. 

I remember a final preseason game Heinicke won on final drive against 49ers few years ago, I loved that energy. 

Yes, you're right. I will always blame him for the Bradford trade. Had he not gotten into that fight or whatever it was, we would not have needed to trade for a QB. Oh well. He owes us. Beat the Eagles twice this year!

He is playing better than Wentz. I like Wentz but I don't think he is replaying Heineke unless there is an injury.

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Last year, I dubbed Leno as one of the best free agency pickups of the past several years. I cannot help but think about what he would have done for the Colts. Hard to say if we tried to get him, but Washington didn’t have to pay much. 

A lot of us were clamoring for Leno and Ballard chose Fisher, and then Matt Pryor. :thmup:

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If we run ball on eagles we can win.

It’s the old Peyton kryptonite philosophy. 

The Eagles tempo is so fast that if you get them off the field a few times and then slow the game down with your offense… You can wear their defense out. 

Tonight, so far, the Commanders have executed a great game plan. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Man, the Commanders are doing what we have been talking about to do to the Eagles all along. Dominate TOP, running the ball, playing keep away, not passing too much etc.

You know Saturday and the staff are watching this game, and thinking the same thing too. :D 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I can understand WA going heavy run. 

I can't understand Philly passing way more than running... (early game)

Now Philly has to pass. 

Yep, if you have one of the best OL, don't suddenly think Jalen Hurts has morphed into Patrick Mahomes just because he made a good jump in accuracy and pass percentage. Still keep it balanced. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Just off memory, I think Washington signed him last year to a one year, 8 million dollar deal. Have to look it up later.

He signed in beginning of 2021 for a 1 year deal, then a 3 year extension at the beginning of 2022:

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/1/5/22869682/report-lt-charles-leno-signs-extension-to-stay-in-washington-3-more-years

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yep, if you have one of the best OL, don't suddenly think Jalen Hurts has morphed into Patrick Mahomes just because he made a good jump in accuracy and pass percentage. Still keep it balanced. 

Philly has bottom 10 passing attempts. And tonight they are passing more than a 2 to 1 ratio. 

Scratching my head... 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Philly has bottom 10 passing attempts. And tonight they are passing more than a 2 to 1 ratio. 

Scratching my head... 

Sirianni learnt from the best, Reich, to stay "cute" to do the unexpected. At least he wises up fast enough, unlike Reich, to get back to balanced.

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Commanders need to respond here with a TD of their own.

Like I said, Commanders got cute on 3rd and 3 going shotgun and getting Heinecke sacked, let the Eagles back in the game. Eagles' talent over 60 minutes typically will prevail. 

Archived