Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Commanders / Eagles - Monday Night Football

BlueShoe

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, jonjon said:

And yet, when "greatest teams ever" discussions occur, basically nobody outside of Dolphins fans mentions that team.  :)   

They have the greatest accomplishment ever but Imo they are not even a top 5 team of all-time. Teams like 1978 Steelers, 1985 Bears, 1989 49ers, 1992 Cowboys, and 2004 Patriots were better, jmo. I could even make an argument that our 2006 team was better. We went 10-0 at home that season counting the playoffs, started 9-0 overall. We beat Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and McNair at Baltimore, then beat Tom and BB to get to the SB + Bob Greise couldn't carry Peyton's jock strap 

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I can't understand Philly passing way more than running... (early game)

Philly has been passing more and running less for many years now. 

I have Miles Sanders in fantasy, and in previous years too. I thought it would get better with this coaching staff, and it has been slightly better this year. They utilize him well only when the going gets tough or against tough opponents, just like today. When they're leading, they move away from running game if Hurts gets going very well. Hurts has rushed 94 times to Sanders' 143 this season, so it might look like they run a lot but it's often the QB running many times. They don't utilize RBs in the passing game too. They do give running backs enough chances in the end zone touches though. Otherwise, Sanders gets 16 carries per game while other 2 RBs combine for 6 carries a game while they pass 30 times a game. 

45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Recency bias

That's right. 

Do you know Vikings are the only team in NFL this season to not have lost a home game yet. (after Eagles and Bills lost at home this week) 

They've got 5 of 8 remaining games at home. I guess there will be a couple of losses at least, but who knows if they could play at this level at home always. There are tough top 15 defenses to play against at home, Cowboys, Patriots, Jets (coming 3 straight weeks), Colts, Giants.. All other away games remaining are 3 divisional Road games. 

16 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Philly has been passing more and running less for many years now. 

I have Miles Sanders in fantasy, and in previous years too. I thought it would get better with this coaching staff, and it has been slightly better this year. They utilize him well only when the going gets tough or against tough opponents, just like today. When they're leading, they move away from running game if Hurts gets going very well. Hurts has rushed 94 times to Sanders' 143 this season, so it might look like they run a lot but it's often the QB running many times. They don't utilize RBs in the passing game too. They do give running backs enough chances in the end zone touches though. Otherwise, Sanders gets 16 carries per game while other 2 RBs combine for 6 carries a game while they pass 30 times a game. 

Philly is bottom 5 in pass %. 

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have the greatest accomplishment ever but Imo they are not even a top 5 team of all-time. Teams like 1978 Steelers, 1985 Bears, 1989 49ers, 1992 Cowboys, and 2004 Patriots were better, jmo. I could even make an argument that our 2006 team was better. We went 10-0 at home that season counting the playoffs, started 9-0 overall. We beat Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and McNair at Baltimore, then beat Tom and BB to get to the SB + Bob Greise couldn't carry Peyton's jock strap 

None of the above achieved what the Dolphins did and that burns a hole in their souls. Best on paper then best on the field two different things. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Philly is bottom 5 in pass %. 

Because they're rarely trailing and don't have to pass more. They did more in few games early in the season and when it's close. 

They're top 5 in team run % but QB rush accounts for half of that. 

My point is they don't utilize their RBs much in moving chains, they don't utilize Miles Sanders as a bell cow back, even though he's one of the very few RBs in the NFL who has close to or more than 5 YPC every season in his career. 

That's one of their weaknesses, I'd say, in their game plans. They need to find a balance and perfect that because on a bad day for Hurts, they would find it hard to call plays especially if they got to be trailing. That's gonna be a scenario they may fail in the playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Because they're rarely trailing and don't have to pass more. They did more in few games early in the season and when it's close. 

They're top 5 in team run % but QB rush accounts for half of that. 

My point is they don't utilize their RBs much in moving chains, they don't utilize Miles Sanders as a bell cow back, even though he's one of the very few RBs in the NFL who has close to or more than 5 YPC every season in his career. 

That's one of their weaknesses, I'd say, in their game plans. They need to find a balance and perfect that because on a bad day for Hurts, they would find it hard to call plays especially if they got to be trailing. That's gonna be a scenario they may fail in the playoffs. 

Doesn't matter. They are still top 5 in run %. It was a winning formula (RB and QB running). 

Their game plan was pass first vs WA. And they weren't behind big, or behind at all, when started passing a lot. 

And while I agree they use Hurts as a runner, Sanders is still top 10 in RB yards this year. 

Archived