Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Week 8 Games Thread

w87r

• w87r changed the title to NFL Week 8 Games Thread
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bucs have clearly regressed team wise on offense. But I will say Brady doesn’t seem any different physically. Ball still has a tight spiral, seems to be able to throw it down the field no problem. 

Maybe the velocity in the short to mid throws is a little slower. One big thing I’m noticing, and this happens with age unfortunately: the mental processing is definitely slower. That doesn’t mean he’s dumb. But as you age you just don’t process things as quickly. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tuck is money, he should always let him kick.

Harbaugh lost three games this year against Miami, Buffalo, and the Giants with his foolish gambles and not taking sure Tucker points. He lost a bunch last year also costing us the playoffs. Again tonight, he went for a dumb 4th and 3, when it could have been 10-6 instead of 10-3. He’s killing me with that stuff  

4 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

The Colts have issues, we have issues , and Philly is having a great time with the Eagles, and the Phillies in the WS. That’s never a good thing ! 

Other than the Bills and Eagles, every team has issues but to some in here we are the only team has issues homer simpson laughing GIF- Hi my name is Frank Reich, Matt Ryan is our QB and I endorse this message, he has us 3-3-1. A day later, Sam is our QB for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Other than the Bills and Eagles, every team has issues but to some in here we are the only team has issues homer simpson laughing GIF- Hi my name is Frank Reich, Matt Ryan is our QB and I endorse this message, he us 3-3-1. A day later, Sam is our QB for the rest of the season.

It will be interesting with Ehlinger. Don’t know much about him other than he played for Texas, but at least he’s mobile. Could give you a boost. Not sure about long term. You don’t know until you give him a chance. I do feel bad for Ryan. He’s a class act. 

14 minutes ago, Gramz said:

That entire division is sub par...so they still may win division no matter how bad they are.

Yeah. Tom misses Gronk and Edelman. His bread and butter are the underneath guys and add to it the fact he can’t rely on a running game with OL issues, you can see why he won the 2020 SB with both Antonio Brown and Gronk on the roster. Gronk helped the run game and the passing game, much like Tony Gonzalez, few of those kind come around. Plus the Bucs’ D is not the same without the JPP/Barrett combo with Suh all together. It still is talented but not the world beaters week in and week out.

47 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Bucs are so bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs are players during the trade deadline. Cam Brate is out for an extended period of time too.

If Barrett is out for a few weeks, they may miss the playoffs, IMO. I heard that teams are talking to the Jaguars about pass rusher Josh Allen, he will fit well with the Bucs DL. Another guy could be Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Broncos to Bucs. Just speculating. If the Bucs want to save their season, they need moves, otherwise first time since 2002 Brady has lost 3 games in a row and it will be the first time since 2002 he misses the playoffs too.

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

They'll never bench the "GOAT" he's got 7 Super Bowls in his resume, on the other hand, Ryan has never won a SB.  But I agree, TB is done, need to hang up his cleats.....

I don't think they'll bench him either.

For me, if I'm being honest, it's been a mixture of delight and sadness watching him this season.

For all the times I've dogged him over the past 20+ years, I actually reached a point a few years ago when I found myself somewhat respectful of all he accomplished. 

I think he shoulda stayed retired instead of coming back this year.  

My delight comes from him showing his true colors. I guess it validates how I felt about him all along.  My sadness is for his children having to watch him struggle instead of having gone out on top and spending time with family.

49 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I don't think they'll bench him either.

For me, if I'm being honest, it's been a mixture of delight and sadness watching him this season.

For all the times I've dogged him over the past 20+ years, I actually reached a point a few years ago when I found myself somewhat respectful of all he accomplished. 

I think he shoulda stayed retired instead of coming back this year.  

My delight comes from him showing his true colors. I guess it validates how I felt about him all along.  My sadness is for his children having to watch him struggle instead of having gone out on top and spending time with family.

I know what the joke in the off season will be for analysts about the Colts - their next QB is Tom Brady.

Colts, where all the retirement QB candidates go. haha :woah:

On 10/28/2022 at 3:53 PM, Gramz said:

Yupp. Delightful because it's hilarious to watch him/them be so bad.

But it's sad watching a dude try to play with so much going on.. it's tough have a work day when I've had a little something going on with my wife, I can't imagine trying to play professional sports.

Dude should've stayed retired. Who wants to go out the way he is?

Archived