Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Biggest drop off with the next man up

chad72

1 minute ago, Archer said:

I’ll say DT.  Feel good with Grover and DeForrest.  Feel bad with Cowart or Johnson starting…

I was leaning toward this as well. I'm also not sure about our depth at slot corner. We may have somebody who is pretty good, but it is not coming to mind right now.

What about WR? Without both Pierce and Pittman on the field, what do you feel about our quality depth? With AP coming along well, I feel WR should be a serious consideration for quality depth on top of those 2.

Parris and Dulin, are they just as good but underutilized?

17 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Punter or Kicker...don't think there is a backup.

Typically those are the ones that have the least amount of attrition and contact with other players, hence you rarely need a backup unless they actually go through an injury and there are plenty of those on waivers typically that can fill in for a week or two. 

22 hours ago, chad72 said:

Typically those are the ones that have the least amount of attrition and contact with other players, hence you rarely need a backup unless they actually go through an injury and there are plenty of those on waivers typically that can fill in for a week or two. 

I get it.   Just thinking outside the box in regards to biggest drop off if the starter is injured.

14 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I get it.   Just thinking outside the box in regards to biggest drop off if the starter is injured.

I mean, we lost our punter and Matt Haack has done an excellent job replacing him, we let go of our kicker Blankenship and McLaughlin has done a commendable job. So, I don't think there is as much a drop off when guys off the waiver wire can do just as good a job.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I mean, we lost our punter and Matt Haack has done an excellent job replacing him, we let go of our kicker Blankenship and McLaughlin has done a commendable job. So, I don't think there is as much a drop off when guys off the waiver wire can do just as good a job.

If they weren't on the team, then they don't technically count as depth for the purpose of the OP's question.

But yes, there is very little reason to have a backup on roster.

On 10/11/2022 at 12:41 PM, chad72 said:

Which position with the current Colts team will suffer the greatest drop off with an injury to the starter missing games? Where is our quality depth the worst? 

Remember, quantity depth is not the same as quality depth. 

The biggest improvement from next man up is 

Kelly<pinter

moore<rodgers

Archived