Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

At what point do we pull Ryan and give Foles a shot?

cptcomeback

16 hours ago, cptcomeback said:

That is very unfortunate.  He is not going to work out, though I would like him to be successful.  Just another over the hill vet with little left in the tank.  Picked a heckuva year to quit drinking lol.  I will resemble Cartman the way I am nervously putting away the wings instead at gametime hahaha

I know what you mean...

l-picked-the-wrong-day-to-quit-sniffing-glue-welp-55495879.png

21 hours ago, cptcomeback said:

It is still early in the season and the offensive line and receiver situation has been, well let's say, "less than ideal", but let's face it - Ryan has been stinking things up pretty badly thus far.  I wasn't exactly super thrilled when we signed him but it seemed like an upgrade at least of Wentz.  If he struggles early will Reich have the stones to pull him and try to salvage some sort of a decent offensive showing, or will he remain his stubborn self and, "stick with the plan"?  Personally, I would like to see what Foles can do, he has a quicker release and might be able to just hold on to the ball a bit more and not take the easy sacks, (though he isn't really a mobile QB type either).  There is a reason the Falcons let Ryan go on the cheap imho, and watching all the podcasts and pregame shows it appears I am not alone in this opinion...  Ehlinger might also be a better option as he is mobile and a diamond in the rough.  I say let's see what they got if Ryan continues to falter.  Two years?  Ugh.

Never

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

Surprised so many people are against this, it could happen imo

If Matt has several bad weeks in a row and doesnt look like he has the arm anymore then pull him...

I’m all for that in that scenario.BUT not for Foles. I’d toss Sam out there

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

All of his salary IS NOT Guaranteed. Overthecap shows this clearly.

Yes but he has a 35m dead cap hit.  Colts would save actual cash by cutting him but not on the salary cap. 

This is being reported by sportrac and differs from over the cap.  Over the cap doesn’t mention the restructure the colts did. 

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/24/indianapolis-colts-salary-cap-update-matt-ryan-contract-restructure/

Honestly, if you watch plays in detail, Ryan misses open receivers quite a bit. Either way, 1 TD, 4 Ints and 7 fumbles in 2.5 games is unacceptable. Not Foles, but time for Ehlinger.

2 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

I hate to admit it cause I was excited but Matt Ryan is over the hill at this point he makes more dumb mistakes than a rookie and is a turn over machine.

Yes, he's made as many as Wentz did in half a season. Very true.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:45 PM, cptcomeback said:

It is still early in the season and the offensive line and receiver situation has been, well let's say, "less than ideal", but let's face it - Ryan has been stinking things up pretty badly thus far.  I wasn't exactly super thrilled when we signed him but it seemed like an upgrade at least of Wentz.  If he struggles early will Reich have the stones to pull him and try to salvage some sort of a decent offensive showing, or will he remain his stubborn self and, "stick with the plan"?  Personally, I would like to see what Foles can do, he has a quicker release and might be able to just hold on to the ball a bit more and not take the easy sacks, (though he isn't really a mobile QB type either).  There is a reason the Falcons let Ryan go on the cheap imho, and watching all the podcasts and pregame shows it appears I am not alone in this opinion...  Ehlinger might also be a better option as he is mobile and a diamond in the rough.  I say let's see what they got if Ryan continues to falter.  Two years?  Ugh.

sam needs to be in to start the 2nd half its not ryan's fault its the Oline

Until we put someone in at RG who has the size to play the position it won't matter who's playing QB. Everyone has watched the film and knows send someone over Pinter and you will get to the QB and probably stuff runs to the right. Do we not have any 320-330 guys qualified to plug in there?

Archived