Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich is going to run outa scapegoats

bleed blue4life

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

If we win in Jax and Reich calls a good game than maybe I will change my tune a bit as well.  We have to win this game if we want a division title and home playoff game. 

I'd say under normal circumstances that the division title would be difficult going 0-1-1 v. HOU and JAX, but this appears to be an unusually weak division if TN isn't any better than it showed Sunday.

So, even with a JAX disaster I could see this division being settled with a very modest win (and tie, lol) total. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Criticizing him is not my problem, this is where some aren't understanding what I am posting. It is the few that blame him for every loss is the problem. I criticize him, I was critical of him last Sunday on a few play calls but people saying he is a bad coach - not buying that sorry. That doesn't fly with ol' Homie chuckling homer simpson GIF.  He is actually arguably the 2nd greatest coach we have ever had in Indy only behind Dungy (I said arguably), his record is good and he has had done it with multiple QB's. He is better than Chuck and Chuck had Andrew Luck his whole coaching career except his last year.

That's fair. Frank is not a bad coach and he has done some good things here. I have doubts about him being the right guy but that doesn't make his HC abilities that of Jim Tomsula. 

However, it's not always about being good or bad in terms of keeping your job as a head coach. I also don't think where Frank stands historically as a HC compared to his predecessors is a factor. 

I don't think it's out of line to question whether or not he continues as HC here past 2022. I think this year is big given the Wentz situation last year, the current roster, and the state of the other teams in the division. That Houston game was not the start this team needed to have. 

This game Sunday means a lot. I think the Titans games mean a lot too. When we are talking about a single game or a couple of games meaning a lot then it's a good indication that you are skating on thin ice as a coach. Not that losing those will result in an in-season change but I do think it makes it far less likely they have a strong enough year to keep Frank in place. 

With that said the Colts can win Sunday, go on to have a strong year and things continue as they are beyond 2022. 

10 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I'd say under normal circumstances that the division title would be difficult going 0-1-1 v. HOU and JAX, but this appears to be an unusually week division if TN isn't any better than it showed Sunday.

So, even with a JAX disaster I could see this division being settled with a very modest win (and tie, lol) total. 

I fully expect TN to get their act together. They are playing the Bills and should lose so we need this game to get out ahead. Yeah the division is weak but we have some tough games on our schedule.  We gotta win against these inferior teams and take control and not back door our way into the playoffs. I want to be the better team, not the others are worse and we are not as bad.  We do that by winning, not counting on TN losing. 

13 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I fully expect TN to get their act together. They are playing the Bills and should lose so we need this game to get out ahead. Yeah the division is weak but we have some tough games on our schedule.  We gotta win against these inferior teams and take control and not back door our way into the playoffs. I want to be the better team, not the others are worse and we are not as bad.  We do that by winning, not counting on TN losing. 

We certainly have tough games on the schedule.  No doubt.  10 wins will secure this division in all likelihood.  Maybe even 9-7-1

22 minutes ago, aReggie7 said:

That's fair. Frank is not a bad coach and he has done some good things here. I have doubts about him being the right guy but that doesn't make his HC abilities that of Jim Tomsula. 

However, it's not always about being good or bad in terms of keeping your job as a head coach. I also don't think where Frank stands historically as a HC compared to his predecessors is a factor. 

I don't think it's out of line to question whether or not he continues as HC here past 2022. I think this year is big given the Wentz situation last year, the current roster, and the state of the other teams in the division. That Houston game was not the start this team needed to have. 

This game Sunday means a lot. I think the Titans games mean a lot too. When we are talking about a single game or a couple of games meaning a lot then it's a good indication that you are skating on thin ice as a coach. Not that losing those will result in an in-season change but I do think it makes it far less likely they have a strong enough year to keep Frank in place. 

With that said the Colts can win Sunday, go on to have a strong year and things continue as they are beyond 2022. 

Sunday is huge, to start 1-0-1 is good, it isn't the 2-0 everyone wanted but close.

12 minutes ago, Nickster said:

We certainly have tough games on the schedule.  No doubt.  10 wins will secure this division in all likelihood.  Maybe even 9-7-1

I had us winning 11 before the season so will/have to stick with it. With the tie that may put us at 10-6-1 which still will be good enough to win the division IMO. I am not taking any game for granted. I actually said the Texans game wouldn't be easy on the Game Thread. I had us winning only by 10 (27-17) but not a blow out or anything. I think the Jags game be close. I have us 24-20, we will see.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had us winning 11 before the season so will/have to stick with it. With the tie that may put us at 10-6-1 which still will be good enough to win the division IMO. I am not taking any game for granted. I actually said the Texans game wouldn't be easy on the Game Thread. I had us winning only by 10 (27-17) but not a blow out or anything. I think the Jags game be close. I have us 24-20, we will see.

Well I still don't know have a good handle on what kind of team this is going to be.  But I don't really have much patience with the Texans excuses.  We tied a terrible team.  That's the bottom line.

It's just week 1, so who knows, but it was far from an encouraging performance and seemed pretty good evidence for a lot of what some of of us "complainers" have been talking about.   The investment in the D and O lines are astronomical, and I don't see even a possibility of us being a top type of Oline this year, and the Dline was far from spectacular against a bad team.

Houston is predicted by Vegas odds to be the worst team in the game. 

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Well I still don't know have a good handle on what kind of team this is going to be.  But I don't really have much patience with the Texans excuses.  We tied a terrible team.  That's the bottom line.

It's just week 1, so who knows, but it was far from an encouraging performance and seemed pretty good evidence for a lot of what some of of us "complainers" have been talking about.   The investment in the D and O lines are astronomical, and I don't see even a possibility of us being a top type of Oline this year, and the Dline was far from spectacular against a bad team.

Does this mean we are tied for being the worst team in football?

9 minutes ago, Nickster said:

You do realize that Vegas had the Giants and Seahawks right with the Texans as being the worst teams in the league (Jets/Falcons the others). So are the Giants better than the Titans? Are the Seahawks better than the Broncos? We at least tied and although not happy about it, it is a lot better than losing. We haven't started better 1-0-1 since 2009, we have a chance to still do that. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You do realize that Vegas had the Giants and Seahawks right with the Texans as being the worst teams in the league (Jets/Falcons the others). So are the Giants better than the Titans? Are the Seahawks better than the Broncos? We at least tied and although not happy about it, it is a lot better than losing. We haven't started better 1-0-1 since 2009, we have a chance to still do that. 

I saw some services higher on the Giants this year.  I have no idea why, but there are folks predicting a better team.  No one that I've seen has said anything good about HOU.

i don't think the Titans are very good and never did man.  They benefit too by a weak division and the last couple of years our divisions' opponents have been weaker. 

There is a major difference between the Bronco game and ours.  If and buts sure but DEN fumbled twice on the 1 going in was the issue in that game. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Titans lost their home opener to the Giants.  Ouch!  Their kicker missed a game winning FG too but he still has a job.  Bottom line we need to win this game like we are supposed too.  We are the better team.  No excuses are acceptable.  If they mess this one up look out.  That said I think we crush them.

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

I saw some services higher on the Giants this year.  I have no idea why, but there are folks predicting a better team.  No one that I've seen has said anything good about HOU.

i don't think the Titans are very good and never did man.  They benefit too by a weak division and the last couple of years our divisions' opponents have been weaker. 

There is a major difference between the Bronco game and ours.  If and buts sure but DEN fumbled twice on the 1 going in was the issue in that game. 

We missed a chip shot FG to actually win, kicked the ball out of bounds twice giving them the ball at the 40, Pierce dropped a TD pass that TY Hilton would've caught in his sleep. The Broncos lost we didn't, Broncos game was much worse to be a fan of their's. On top of that it was Russell Wilson's homecoming. Titans had no business losing to the Giants either, they were at home on top of it. You make excuses for those teams but don't for us, OK. Bottomline is we tied, didn't lose like those teams. You do realize if we went 0-0-17 we could still win the division because we would have 0 losses. The loss column is the key, always has been. Pittsburgh proved that last year, they went 9-7-1 and made the playoffs because we were 9-8 and the Chargers were 9-8.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We missed a chip shot FG to actually win, kicked the ball out of bounds twice giving them the ball at the 40, Pierce dropped a TD pass that TY Hilton would've caught in his sleep. The Broncos lost we didn't, Broncos game was much worse to be a fan of their's. On top of that it was Russell Wilson's homecoming. Titans had no business losing to the Giants either, they were at home on top of it. You make excuses for those teams but don't for us, OK. Bottomline is we tied, didn't lose like those teams. You do realize if we went 0-0-17 we could still win the division because we would have 0 losses. The loss column is the key, always has been. Pittsburgh proved that last year, they went 9-7-1 and made the playoffs because we were 9-8 and the Chargers were 9-8.

That was a terrible decision by Nathaniel Hackett. Peyton Manning was livid after that game. You pay Russell Wilson that contract, and then don't trust him on 4th and 5 when the game is on the line. That's probably worse than what happened to us.

On 9/13/2022 at 2:29 PM, bleed blue4life said:

First its Carson now its HotRod . Is Pearce  or Dulin next? more than enough blame to go around this weekend for this tie. How about Frank for not taking the points? Just a matter of time before Jim makes Reich the scapegoat. I am tired of hearing that is on me gotta get better. He has been here long enough now for stuff like this to not happen . Sorry for the rant but i just hope we are better with who we get to kick . 

Maybe Reich keeps going for six points because of how he feels about our field goal kickers:thinking:

A buddy of mine just asked, “Who are we going to RENT next?” :dunno:

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Meh, there is a big difference IMO between missing a FG in OT and fumbling twice on the 1, but that isn't the point.

The point is Houston sucks and no one that I have seen thinks that they aren't going to suck.  

Now we are as far as I know we are discussing what would be likely if Colts lose to Jax.  In that case I think in what's probably the worst division in FB we still have a good chance to win the division. 

16 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Meh, there is a big difference IMO between missing a FG in OT and fumbling twice on the 1, but that isn't the point.

The point is Houston sucks and no one that I have seen thinks that they aren't going to suck.  

Now we are as far as I know we are discussing what would be likely if Colts lose to Jax.  In that case I think in what's probably the worst division in FB we still have a good chance to win the division. 

I could've sworn Vegas odds had the Seahawks as the worst team going in. On CBS radio a guy that follows the Seahawks was on record saying they would be lucky to win 3 or 4 games before week 1. Anyway it really doesn't matter, we at least tied and they lost so advantage us. We will see what happens this week, many seem to think we will lose, we will see.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I could've sworn Vegas odds had the Seahawks as the worst team going in. On CBS radio a guy that follows the Seahawks was on record saying they would be lucky to win 3 or 4 games before week 1. Anyway it really doesn't matter, we at least tied and they lost so advantage us. We will see what happens this week, many seem to think we will lose, we will see.

Yeah it's irrelevant and worthless to discuss.

What I've been saying is that I thought we would roll Houston and that JAX was a tough match up for us.  I still think that.

I don't really like what I see from TLaw.  He doesn't look accurate enough to me, but physically we matched up very poorly v. Jags last year in both games. 

I hope that was just flukey.

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Yeah it's irrelevant and worthless to discuss.

What I've been saying is that I thought we would roll Houston and that JAX was a tough match up for us.  I still think that.

I don't really like what I see from TLaw.  He doesn't look accurate enough to me, but physically we matched up very poorly v. Jags last year in both games. 

I hope that was just flukey.

I thought we would win too, I think most did. I have just making a case that a Tie isn't the end of the world. When we were down 20-3 I thought it was over even with Matt Ryan.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought we would win too, I think most did. I have just making a case that a Tie isn't the end of the world. When we were down 20-3 I thought it was over even with Matt Ryan.

Oh yeah.  This division sucks.  That's what I've been saying.  

On 9/15/2022 at 3:39 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My point to this whole bologna is, you know if we beat Jacksonville the same 10- 12 posters will give Reich no credit. 10-12 posters are a lot. If we lose 35-34 to Chiefs he will get piled on by the same posters. I just look at other coaches that those same posters deem as great, why don't they ever say anything about them? Reich could coach the perfect the game and our FG could miss an extra point to cost us a game and the dude would get blamed. Quit being naive. Reich flat out got trashed in here on Sunday and he wasn't the only reason why we tied. If our FG makes a simple kick, we win. Some just flat out are looking for anything to trash Reich over.

Well, maybe some think you shouldn't be relying on a FG in OT to beat one of the worst teams in the league......and then there's still the remembrance on how we played the last 2 games last season. The anti-Frank sentiment is much, much more than from last weeks game.

But like I said earlier, and you also say, we'll be ok in AFC South standings wise. 

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

0-0-2......Undefeated and probably in sole possession of 1st Place!!!! :banana:

I'm thinking, would a 1-1 record by Titans put them ahead us at 0-0-2??? .....but they're not going to beat Buffalo, right? :banana: :pie: :banana:

Good year to be in the AFC South. 

9-8 might take the division.

On 9/14/2022 at 5:14 PM, Two_pound said:

So a lot of people are still criticizing coach Reich. Wah, wah, wah. Let's take a historical look at where coach Reich stands amongst Colt coaches since 1972. These are listed from most recent backwards.

Reich-37-28

Pagano-53-43

Caldwell-26-22

Dungy- 85-27

Mora- 32-32

Infante-12-20

Marchibroda-30-34

Venturi-1-10

Meyer-36-35

Dowhower-5-24 (those years were brutal)

Frank Kush-11-28-1

Mccormack-9-23

Marchibroda-41-33

Thomas-2-9

Schnellenberger-4-13

So in 50 years the Colts have had 6 coaches with a winning record. Reich being one of them. And what's pretty remarkable he has done it with a different starting qb every year( but he did get saddled with Brissett twice and he STILL has a winning record. Historically speaking coach Reich has been beyond impressive. Now his task is to change history and start having post season success. I just don't understand why he comes under so much criticism.

Excellent perspective. Unfortunately, those same folks that you referred to (bolded) are possibly some of the same folks who agree with Venturi's criticism. Dude has 2 NFL wins...........2. 

2–17

Archived