Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Week 1 Game Day

jonjon

WAS vs JAX and PIT vs CIN here...this is the danger of switching between games. I switch away from the PIT game for a sec and miss a pick 6 by Burrows lol.

Lawrence looks like crap for JAX so far; whiffed an easy short TD pass and they had to settle for 3. Wentz, after a bad first throw, looked really good leading WAS to a TD.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been a great day of competitive football. Lots of comebacks. I've enjoyed it. 

Browns beat the Panthers on a 60+ yard FG. 

Saints came back and won on a long FG as time ran out. 

Lions fell short but had been down by 2TDs plus. 

Burrow had 4 or 5 turnovers but Cincy should have won this game. At this time, they are still in OT. Cincy's kicker missed an extra point to win in regulation. He also missed a FG in OT. It seemed like a short FG. 

Did the Colts game end?

Now, Vikings host the Packers.

I disagree that Cincy should have won, Burrow played terribly and the Steelers were the better team overall so glad they won. 

But yeah crazy week! So many close games, near comebacks. Colts blew a 42 yd FG near the end that would have won it. I hate ties! 

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

disagree that Cincy should have won, Burrow played terribly and the Steelers were the better team overall so glad they won. 

I hear what you are saying. As badly as Burrow played, he still brought them back and gave them a chance to win. They could have won if they hit the extra point at the end of regulation. They later had a make-able field goal and missed it. Pitt lost Harris and Watt late in the game. It almost ended in a tie game. Boswell had to make  50+ yd FG to win.

@2006Coltsbestever Pitt did not get favorable calls towards the end. The refs were calling penalties against Pitt towards the end. 

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I hear what you are saying. As badly as Burrow played, he still brought them back and gave them a chance to win. They could have won if they hit the extra point at the end of regulation. They later had a make-able field goal and missed it. Pitt lost Harris and Watt late in the game. It almost ended in a tie game. Boswell had to make  50+ yd FG to win.

@2006Coltsbestever Pitt did not get favorable calls towards the end. The refs were calling penalties against Pitt towards the end. 

Pitt won, what I am missing?

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pitt won, what I am missing?

My point is that Pitt was not assisted in winning this game. If you were watching the game, the calls at the end were going against them. The calls helped the Bengals move inside the 10 yard line; the Bengals then scored and tied the game. The Bengals missed the extra point and they went to OT.

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

My point is that Pitt was not assisted in winning this game. If you were watching the game, the calls at the end were going against them. The calls helped the Bengals move inside the 10 yard line; the Bengals then scored and tied the game. The Bengals missed the extra point and they went to OT.

I never said Pitt was getting REF help in this one. They did in SB 40 and have on other occasions though where it was obvious. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Well, considering the Bengals missed a extra point and a FG, which either one would have won the game for them, you.can see someone thinking they were 'assisted'.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never said Pitt was getting REF help in this one. They did in SB 40 and have on other occasions though where it was obvious. 

I know you did not. They have received help from refs in the past as the Patriots and the Packers and the Cowboys seem to.

Disregard. I did not mean to upset anyone. Done.

17 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Well, considering the Bengals missed a extra point and a FG, which either one would have won the game for them, you.can see someone thinking they were 'assisted'.

Lol. Bengals assisted. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I know you did not. They have received help from refs in the past as the Patriots and the Packers and the Cowboys seem to.

Disregard. I did not mean to upset anyone. Done.

Lol. Bengals assisted. 

You didn't upset me, it just threw me off when you brought up the REF help. In the past I have complained about their Ref help lmao 

8 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Chris Collingsworth sounds like he's about to lose his voice.

:goodluck:

Some good news for once today!

Still has enough of a voice to praise Brady every 5 seconds as is required by the media.

I actually was fooled enough to think at some point Brady would lose his ability to play. But nope... He's a curse that never ends... I'm convinced I'll be dead before he retires. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Some good news for once today!

Still has enough of a voice to praise Brady every 5 seconds as is required by the media.

I actually was fooled enough to think at some point Brady would lose his ability to play. But nope... He's a curse that never ends... I'm convinced I'll be dead before he retires. 

I actually think he won't last the season. :dunno:

Archived