Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Week 1 Game Day

jonjon

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The offensive mistakes were a lot like colts  yesterday in the red zone with the dropped passes. Red zone always comes along last with a new QB.

IMO... 2 good rosters... lost to very bad rosters lol.. 

Coaching.... 

One coach is a rook though... 

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

coaches didn’t make players drop passes or fumble the ball.  That is not on coaches that’s on players. 

Actually most do blame coaches for that especially turnovers because its a sign of an undisciplined team which is something the coach is responsible for.  Listen to any former player or coach anywhere and they will tell you sloppy play (turnovers, drops, penalties, etc) goes on the coach.

10 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

coaches didn’t make players drop passes or fumble the ball.  That is not on coaches that’s on players. 

Play calling... decisions.... etc.. vs player performance.... 

Two things. Both impact. 

It's why some coaches win more... some less lol. 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So, Cincinnati loses 23-20 to Pittsburgh at home by playing sloppy. Tennessee loses to the Giants 21-20 at home playing sloppy. Now we have the Broncos losing to maybe the worst team in the league 17-16 with terrible coaching. Lol, yeah our tie isn't near as bad as those debacles. Point is, any given Sunday/Monday.

Out of all of those I kind of understand the Bengals loss. Burrow had no camp from having his appendix out. I imagine he lost weight and a still is not tidally himself. 

7 hours ago, smittywerb said:

you’re comparing a rookie hc to a coach that has been coaching for 5 years.  That isn’t good lol

No coach period kicks a 64 yard FG at 4th and 5 when you have Russell Wilson. There is no excuse for that.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Out of all of those I kind of understand the Bengals loss. Burrow had no camp from having his appendix out. I imagine he lost weight and a still is not tidally himself. 

No coach period kicks a 64 yard FG at 4th and 5 when you have Russell Wilson. There is no excuse for that.

Frank would've went for it and still got criticized in here had we not got it. What kind of bozo try's to kick a 64 yard FG when you have Russell Wilson? That was the worst call of the week. It doesn't matter if he is a rookie or not - I agree.

@TaylorTheStudMuffin, all in all our tie is ok. It sucks we didn't get an actual win but we didn't lose either. We are tied for 1st in the division and had no major injuries after week 1 so I will take it. I wanted that 2-0 badly but if we can go down to Jacks and win that game and get to 1-0-1 everything will be fine. It isn't 2-0 but still good. Sunday's game is huge and I will admit if we lose that we are in trouble.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The dropped passes came from a rookie and because of a new QB. Not coaching. Fumbles are a players fault not coaching. You guys hate Reich so much you will blame him for anything. You don’t think Reggie Wayne gives them confidence?

I like Frank. Was it Frank's fault that Pierce dropped a beautiful pass by Matt Ryan that would've put us up 10-0? No it wasn't. Was it Frank's fault that Blakenship missed a chip shot FG for the win? No. Some just love to nitpick everything he does for some reason, it is like listening to my mom when I was 12 years old telling me I didn't make my bed right or I didn't do the dishes right chuckling homer simpson GIF

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@TaylorTheStudMuffin, all in all our tie is ok. It sucks we didn't get an actual win but we didn't lose either. We are tied for 1st in the division and had no major injuries after week 1 so I will take it. I wanted that 2-0 badly but if we can go down to Jacks and win that game and get to 1-0-1 everything will be fine. It isn't 2-0 but still good. Sunday's game is huge and I will admit if we lose that we are in trouble.

Will be crazy if we lose and titans and Texans lose and Jags are on top. Lol. We are playing KC next week so we need to win against jags. I don’t like rod will probably still be our kicker. His confidence has to be shaky.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Will be crazy if we lose and titans and Texans lose and Jags are on top. Lol. We are playing KC next week so we need to win against jags. I don’t like rod will probably still be our kicker. His confidence has to be shaky.

I was really thinking Irsay might cut him because Irsay has been on edge since we lost to Jacks last year. Maybe because it ended in a tie, Irsay didn't blow a gasket. 

Archived