Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Week 1 Game Day

jonjon

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early season vibes never last forever. Bengals lost to the Jets, Bills lost to the Jaguars etc. last year, the Bucs lost to the Saints 0-9, so many crazy results last year. 

Once you are in the playoffs, the best 3 or 4 game team is left standing, that is all that matters.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I loved the Giants decision to go for 2 at the end of the game. Had they missed it, many would have criticized them. I would have liked the decision even if they missed it. Play to win!!

It worked out but I didn't, horrible call. Take the easy point and trust in your team to win it in OT. 

Vikes looked impressive. I'm surprised they only scored 23. Jefferson had one of the best games I've ever seen a WR have, caught everything thrown his way no matter what...underthrown, overthrown, did it all. Could have easily had more and would have if it was a closer game. 

Cowboys are a joke as is that whole division again. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

I did not realize that Justin Reid was no longer with the Texans. He played so well for them. 

@NewColtsFan Did you see that former Stanford Cardinal kicked in place of the injured Chiefs kicker today? 

I did, and was surprised as anyone.   I think we file this under the heading of Best Kept Secret!         :omg:

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

worked out but I didn't, horrible call. Take the easy point and trust in your team to win it in OT

I loved the call. I like taking risks. 

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Vikes looked impressive. I'm surprised they only scored 23. Jefferson had one of the best games I've ever seen a WR have, caught everything thrown his way no matter what...underthrown, overthrown, did it all. Could have easily had more and would have if it was a closer game.

Good to hear. I could not see the game live. I paid for NFL+ which is this year's version of Game Pass. It provides replays of the games. The GB@MN replay started with about 3 min left in the first quarter. It was already 7-0 MN. I wanted to see a replay of the first drive but it was unavailable. I'm hoping this is a mistake. Game Pass would show the whole game.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I loved the Giants decision to go for 2 at the end of the game. Had they missed it, many would have criticized them. I would have liked the decision even if they missed it. Play to win!!

It worked out for them that time but they went for 2 after their first touchdown earlier in the game and failed to convert. If they had just kicked the extra point after their first TD (and assuming they make it) they wouldn't have put themselves in the situation at the end of the game where the extra point was only going to tie it. 

7 hours ago, aReggie7 said:

It worked out for them that time but they went for 2 after their first touchdown earlier in the game and failed to convert. If they had just kicked the extra point after their first TD (and assuming they make it) they wouldn't have put themselves in the situation at the end of the game where the extra point was only going to tie it. 

I was referring to that situation alone. I was not commenting on other decisions made in the game. 

I did not watch most of that game. I did not see that they had gone for two earlier on but I probably would not have liked that decision. I cannot really comment on it, as I did not see it. However, I usually do not like going for 2 earlier in games if 1 point will tie the game (unless it is the end of the game). I'm not sure what the situation was. But at the end there, I liked that they went for 2 even if that decision had resulted in a loss. My friend who is a Giants season-ticket holder for decades and has attended 4 of their Super Bowls agreed with me, knowing this year's Giants team. He watched the whole game.

Last year I think John Harbaugh made a similar decision and it did not work. I liked that decision then too. 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Whoever put the confused face it was a joke because that is all everyone wants to do with Reich.

BTW denver looks bad. Almost like it takes time when you have a new QB.

Not to mention the emotions he’s going through. Walks out and immediately gets booed by the Seattle fans. Brutal… 

11 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I have never been a Wilson fan. This is one trade o did not have a good feeling about. We will see how it turns out.

I’m not sure how I feel about him. Looks like Seattle doesn’t like him at all. The fans look rabid and downright hateful tonight. Maybe that’s just Seattle though? 

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’m not sure how I feel about him. Looks like Seattle doesn’t like him at all. The fans look rabid and downright hateful tonight. Maybe that’s just Seattle though? 

Those fans have me pulling for the Broncos.  

That was a stupid challenge 

Just now, EastStreet said:

SB Trophy to Geno and Carroll lol...

Rook HC, learning opportunity. 

And only 1TD from Wilson... and 2 other fumbles... 

Humble opportunity. 

The offensive mistakes were a lot like colts  yesterday in the red zone with the dropped passes. Red zone always comes along last with a new QB.

Archived