Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL kickoff thread: Bills@ Rams

Happy2BeHere

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Other than being the brother of Dalvin Cook, I did not know him. Is he really "highly-touted"?

I'm not saying he was the second coming of Taylor, but he was a 2d round pick and I was hearing big things earlier this year (after the draft).

Wow big play, could be a back-breaker for the Rams there.

Anyone else disappointed that Aaron Donald is playing in the opening game?

For those who do or don’t know I say this because in a joint practice he was swinging a helmet at the opposing team players. Since it occurred in a practice the league doesn’t do anything about it. Rams said they would discipline him privately. But in my opinion he should have been suspended a few games by the Rams for his despicable actions. Myles Garrett did this in a game a few years ago (I believe) and he was suspended for a number of games because of it.

I am sure the Rams didn’t want to suspend him because he is “too important” to the team. 

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

For those who do or don’t know I say this because in a joint practice he was swinging a helmet at the opposing team players. Since it occurred in a practice the league doesn’t do anything about it. Rams said they would discipline him privately. But in my opinion he should have been suspended a few games by the Rams for his despicable actions. Myles Garrett did this in a game a few years ago (I believe) and he was suspended for a number of games because of it.

I am sure the Rams didn’t want to suspend him because he is “too important” to the team. 

Me, no lol

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Welcome to the NFL. You can get away with anything if you're good enough on the field. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai, Josh Allen looks good. 

Garrett was vilified too.

I did not hear about the incident with Donald. The media like him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/06/aaron-donald-still-isnt-saying-much-about-his-helmet-swinging/amp/

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/rams-bengals-joint-practice-massive-brawl-aaron-donald-swings-helmet.amp

Just now, jonjon said:

Game over. 

Bills evening out their turnover margin now, they definitely probably have this in the bag.

2 hours ago, jonjon said:

I predict a Bills' win and it won't be as close as one would expect. 

You can all start your applause and shaking your head in amazement now. I am available for hire for gambling purposes.

Yes of course I'm kidding.

It's only one week but I didn't feel the Rams were sniffing the SB this year and they've done nothing to alleviate that feeling. The path is once again laid wide open for "I have more luck than a truck full of 4-leaf clovers" Brady as there is nobody else in the NFC who has a prayer.

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Thanks I just spit water out of my nose.

Another turnover lol - can these teams not hold on to the ball?

Spit all you want but G.B. loaded...best 1-2 rb in NFC and ton of young talent at wr spot.   We see rams exposed, Bucs are a total % show right now (Im down here trust me a joke), Cowboys and eagles media darlings but.... and SF relying on a QB who is unproven. Pack safe bet for a reason.

I'm sorry I never understood this - a team is down by a lot with time running out and they dink and dunk the ball. If you're going to just give up, why even bother throwing? Just run up the gut every play. Takes deep shots down field. It's unlikely to work, but unlikely beats the hell out of zero chance. 

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Spit all you want but G.B. loaded...best 1-2 rb in NFC and ton of young talent at wr spot.   

Please do point us to the last time a SB was won by a team with the "Best 1-2 rb" and a "ton of young talent at wr" (which itself is debatable to put it kindly). 

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I'm sorry I never understood this - a team is down by a lot with time running out and they dink and dunk the ball. If you're going to just give up, why even bother throwing? Just run up the gut every play. Takes deep shots down field. It's unlikely to work, but unlikely beats the hell out of zero chance. 

Working on timing for future games is all...

What d et side you’re on, I’d caution reading too much into most any game 1.   I try not to read too much into most September games.  Teams are playing their way into peak form. 

These games may count as much as the rest in Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan,  but honestly nobody is really 100 percent ready yet.   Everybody is doing the best they can under difficult circumstances.  

Archived