Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Lions at Colts (Pre Season) Post Game Thoughts 08/20

EastStreet

2022 Lions at Colts (Pre Season) Post Game Thoughts 

Same as previous years... please wait till the game is final to post.

Good

• Strachan was great. Nice routes!!!!!   
  • Patmon too... Strong like Strachan. 
  • Foles and Ehlinger were good. Ehlinger missed Strachan, but great. 
  • Rhyne, Speed, Cross, Tell... good
  • I Odenigbo and Dayo... good
  • Raimann wasn't perfect, but learning
  • Coan doing good!

Mixed

• Brown (INT, but a TD, etc..)

Bad

• OL rushng.... 
  • DL rushing... 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People I think will get cut  or lose playing time based on poor performance

DeMichael Harris

Van Denmark

Coan (practice squad)

French

(I think Ben Banagou is a confirmed bust at this point. There is no argument to be had)

21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

2022 Lions at Colts (Pre Season) Post Game Thoughts 

Same as previous years... please wait till the game is final to post.

Good

• Strachan was great. Nice routes!!!!!   
  • Patmon too... Strong like Strachan. 
  • Foles and Ehlinger were good. Ehlinger missed Strachan, but great. 
  • Rhyne, Speed, Cross, Tell... good
  • I Odenigbo and Dayo... good
  • Raimann wasn't perfect, but learning
  • Coan doing good!

Mixed

• Brown (INT, but a TD, etc..)

Bad

• OL rushng.... 
  • DL rushing... 

The DL is expected and I have made numerous comments to get use to giving up  big gains on the ground. Fans can't complain as they want pressures.  I expected the OL to be dominant in the run game.

Backups that impressed me:

Tony Brown

Trevor Denbow

Sam Ehlinger

Mike Strachan

ifeadi Odenigbo

Dayo Odeyingbo

Ty Lewis

Michael Jacobson (I don’t think he’s makes the final roster but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him on the PS to develop)

Will Fries

Bernharn Raimann

Dezmon Pattmon 

Nick Foles

clearly some of those guys (Dayo, Raimann, etc) are locks to make the final roster but others like Brown, Denbow, and Ehlinger are going to make final cuts hard.  

I do think Brown has the lead for the final corner spot but it’s not locked down yet.

I am feeling more confident than ever that the Colts keep six WRs and those WRs will be Pittman, Dulin, Campbell, Pierce, Pattmon, and Strachan.  

While unfortunate I do think the injury to Olgetree has opened a roster spot for someone.  Before that I figured they were going to keep four TEs.  Now I think they keep three.  Could that spot go to someone like Sam or Denbow?  We shall see.  

While Sam has been very impressive Foles did well today as well so I don’t think they are going to move Foles down the depth chart.  Honestly had they known Sam would perform like this they might not have felt the need to get Foles but they did and I don’t think he’s going anywhere now that he’s here.  The question becomes do they keep three QBs?  If they do I think you could have package for Sam like they did with Jacoby when Rivers was here and he could provide some value beyond being the third string QB.

I think sam makes the 53 gets cut mid week to try and sneak him onto the ps.

Mike had a big game with keke sidelined is making it a hard choice, Harris good at returns today.

Final 2 cb spots maybe Brown and Tell at this point.

Tyson Will not much playing time but should be #4, Price #5..Jackson and Verdell both might be and this week.

Weatherford def making the 53

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

I think sam makes the 53 gets cut mid week to try and sneak him onto the ps.

Mike had a big game with keke sidelined is making it a hard choice, Harris good at returns today.

Final 2 cb spots maybe Brown and Tell at this point.

Tyson Will not much playing time but should be #4, Price #5..Jackson and Verdell both might be and this week.

Weatherford def making the 53

I left weatherford off my list by mistake,  he also impressed me today.

I'm also a bit worried about the OL depth still. Kelly returning should help but I just hope that all of our Guards/Centers not named Nelson step up from the bits I've seen in the preseason so far. OL usually is the last part of the team to gel, but when the Colts OL finally does gel, it should look good barring injuries.

10 days....

Lock (4) - Pittman, Campbell, Pierce, Dulin.....

Strachan, Patmon, and Coutee (STs/return) ... I like all of them

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2021 WR (7) —Michael Pittman Jr., T.Y. Hilton, Zach Pascal, Parris Campbell, Mike Strachan, Ashton Dulin, Dezmon Patmon

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/indianapolis-colts-officially-announce-2021-roster-cuts-53-man-roster

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

10 days....

Lock (4) - Pittman, Campbell, Pierce, Dulin.....

Strachan, Patmon, and Coutee (STs/return) ... I like all of them

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2021 WR (7) —Michael Pittman Jr., T.Y. Hilton, Zach Pascal, Parris Campbell, Mike Strachan, Ashton Dulin, Dezmon Patmon

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/indianapolis-colts-officially-announce-2021-roster-cuts-53-man-roster

Havent heard how bad Coutee groin injury is.....he has trouble staying healthy. If we go big Mike no backup slot other then Hines BUT if Lindsay and Williams can hold down RB spots that does work.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

sam is a beast i remember pushing for him to beat out eason  who is terrible .     sam has the chance to take over after matt ryan leaves , he reminds me of russell wilson short mobile and accurate .

Yeah not many were in Sam's camp last season and many bought the Eason hype. Eason may win the QB 3 spot in Seattle with Lock sick but I pity the Seahawks....lol..he was bad despite all the spin job.

More Mike Stretch *intentional * please!!! I want  use to give a good amount of in game reps when the season starts.

Sam started off slow but really end well. Liked what he did.

Pass blocking was good and gave the QBs time. That run blocking was poo poo.

D-Line got good pressure but looked undisciplined on the misdirection.

We better hope our top DBs can stay healthy all year cuz behind them isn’t pretty.

Lindsey is a keeper .

Return coverage was poo poo

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Havent heard how bad Coutee groin injury is.....he has trouble staying healthy. If we go big Mike no backup slot other then Hines BUT if Lindsay and Williams can hold down RB spots that does work.

» WR: Alec Pierce, Dezmon Patmon, Samson Nacua, Mike Strachan

» WR: Parris Campbell, Keke Coutee, DeMichael Harris

» WR: Michael Pittman Jr., Ashton Dulin, Ethan Fernea, D.J. Montgomery

https://www.colts.com/news/unofficial-depth-chart-preseason-week-2-lions-nick-foles-sam-ehlinger

Not worried about Coutee (depth chart) right now (slot)

Strachan jumping Nacua... 

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

6 carries for 13 yards mostly late.  Jackson still appears a head of him on the depth chart.

Dont think Jackson makes the 53 and id be surprised if he make it past Tuesday....he fell into a position last season with mack not wanting to play BUT he is not really an NFL caliber player...Price is a better ps option...our 53 will be JT,Hines,Lindsey and Tyson

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Dont think Jackson makes the 53 and id be surprised if he make it past Tuesday....he fell into a position last season with mack not wanting to play BUT he is not really an NFL caliber player...Price is a better ps option...our 53 will be JT,Hines,Lindsey and Tyson

I don’t know if he makes the final 53. It he’s number four on the depth chart right now and that’s normally a good indication for where he ranks overall.  Right now it’s Taylor, Hines, Lindsey and then Jackson.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know if he makes the final 53. It he’s number four on the depth chart right now and that’s normally a good indication for where he ranks overall.  Right now it’s Taylor, Hines, Lindsey and then Jackson.

Tyson Williams seems to be #4 right now.....its JT,Hines,Lindsey and williams then a big fall off to Price and jackson and verdell...

Archived