Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everyone’s Final Mock Drafts and Draft Thoughts

Happy draft eve to everyone!!! The wait is just about over. I know we’ll all be pumping out our last mocks (and by last I mean the 4 or 5 we do after our “final” mocks lol), so I figured I’d open up something for everyone to just dump their final mocks and just overall draft thoughts into. I’ll start off

2.0 Mock

Round 2- Tariq Woolen, CB UTSA

Round 3- Alec Pierce, WR Cincinnati 

Round 4: Charlie Kolar, TE Iowa State

Round 5: Ryan Van Demark, OT UConn.

Round 5: Marquese Bell, SAF Florida A&M

Round 6: Thomas Booker, IDL Stanford

Round 7: Hassan Haskins, RB Michigan

Some final draft thoughts:

-Our Day 2 picks will be some combination of CB, WR, and TE

-We will definitely trade down on day two, but it may be in the 3rd round and not the 2nd.

-Expect a double dip at CB

-Banogu may be traded during the draft

-If a receiver is drafted on Day two it’ll be Pickens, Pierce, Watson, or Tolbert.

-If we draft a TE it’ll be McBride, Dulcich, Kolar, or Ferguson

-I’d say there’s a 35% chance we draft a QB. If we do it’s Strong or Coan

-Despite what I said above if you were to ask me what the surprise pick out of left field would be, I’d say Sam Howell.

Please feel free to put your own mocks and thoughts up and let’s have these final discussions!

• Like 3

I'm going through some measurements of the prospects and here are some players that I feel like we've overlooked in discussing them as potential additions:

DL

1. Perrion Winfrey, Travis Jones - LONG arms, great athleticism... potential 3-tech. 

2. Eyioma Uwazurike - tall, big, long arms, good explosion numbers for the weight(319lbs). Potential 1 tech. 

3. Arnold Ebiketie, Michael Clemons, Kingsley Enagbare, Drake Jackson - big/long DEs... fit Ballard's mold

LB

Brandon Smith, Penn State - long arms, athletic! Similar to Leonard and Okereke, fills the stat sheet - 9 TFL, 2sacks, 1FF, 5PDs, etc. 

Jeremiah Moon - project LB, super long arms.

CBs

- >32"arms Martin Emerson, Joshua Williams, Joshua Jobe, Vincent Gray, Alontae Taylor, Akayleb Evans, Jaylen Watson

• Like 1

* It’s weird - I’m a very optimistic person, but when it comes to the draft I’m always assuming the players I want for the Colts will be gone.  I guess I believe the draft to be a somewhat perfect market.  If I’m able to use public info to determine a player is under-rated and is a great value at 42, then others can see the same thing and bid that player up into the 30s.  And, if I’m right about the player, NFL scouts are DEFINITELY going to know it!

* Therefore, my top two realistic prospects are Christian Watson and Tyler Smith, and I now expect the both to be gone by 40.  My third choice is Travis Jones, CT.  But, I think I prefer a trade-down to that:

2 (42) Trade down towards the end of the 2nd (say, 59).  Pick up a latish 4th (say, 132)

2 (59) Abraham Lucas, OT, Wazzoo

3 (73) Calvin Austin, WR, Memphis

4 (122) Thomas Booker, DT, Stanford

4 (132) Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia

5 (159) Ty Chandler, RB, N. Carolina

5 (179) Jeffrey Gunter, DE, Coastal Carolina

6 (216) Sam Webb, CB, Missouri Western

7 (240) Clarence Hicks, LB, UTSA

* Note that I did indeed draft a mid-round TE, despite all my talk about TE being not a big need.  Turns out, though, that between Woods and Kolar there might be a TE BPA in that round…

• Like 3

This last mock i just ran might be my least fave mock but one final one for the road.

2:42 Travis Jones DT UConn

3:73 Luke Goedeke T Central Michigan

4:122 Wan'Dale Robinson WR Kentucky

5:159 Bailey Zappe QB W Kentucky

5: 179 Bo Melton WR Rutgers

6:216 Isaiah Likely TE Coastal Carolina

7:240 Esezi Otomewo EDGE Minnesota

• Like 2

I've posted my thoughts about trading back from 42 with GB's picks 59,92, and 132 which are of nearly exactly equal value...so I'll mock it here:

59:  Abraham Lucas - OT- even if he only plays RT..it can also improve the RG spot by sliding Smith there and Pinter to C when Kelly's contract expires.   Pryor/Lucas, Nelson, Pinter, Smith, Pryor/Lucas would be a nice oline in 2023/24

73:  Jelani Woods TE

92:  Martin Emerson CB

122: Velus Jones WR  (Top 30 visit)

132: Akayleb Evans CB (Present at workout?)

159:  Bo Melton WR

179: Ryan Van Dermark OT (Present at workout)

216: Jayden Peevey DT  6'5, 35 inch arms (Top 30 visit)

239: Hassan Haskins RB

Or flop the 179 and 216 picks, since I'm unsure of their late round value.

Woods, Jones, and Melton would add lots of speed to the O.

• Like 1

Alright, I'm going to do a mock with a trade down.

We trade Pick 42 to the Eagles and receive picks 51 and 101 in return

Round 2, Pick 51: Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA

Round 3, Pick 73: Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA

Round 3, Pick 101: Romeo Doubs, WR, Nevada

Round 4, Pick 122: Dominique Robinson, EDGE, Miami (Ohio)

Round 5, Pick 159: Tyler Allgeier, RB, BYU

Round 5, Pick 179: Micah McFadden, LB, Indiana

Round 6, Pick 216: Leon O'Neal Jr, S, Texas A&M

Round 7, Pick 240: Ryan Van Demark, T, Connecticut 

This mock draft is fully dependant on us signing Dennis Kelly and waiting til the 7th round to grab a Tackle. Overall, we get a physical speciman in Woolen that Ballard would love to have at CB, a TE in Dulcich and a WR in Doubs that can both start right away, an EDGE in Robinson that has lots of potential just transitioning into the position, an RB in Allgeier that is pro ready now to start and take some of the carries off Taylor, and some depth guys in McFadden, O'Neal Jr and Demark who should be good enough to contribute in small roles right away,

This would be a draft I would be happy with in all honesty.

• Like 1

Here's one of my final mocks:

AjeFFSJ.png

No idea why Braxton Jones is not more highly thought of, but I'd be really happy with him in the 4th as a developmental LT prospect - really long arms, good athleticism(under 5 seconds 40 time, good mobility and power)

• Like 2

My once every 5 years mock.
 Trade down with KC 42 for 62, 94, 122

62)  WR Jalen Tolbert

73) S Kerby Joseph

94) TE Jelani Woods

121) T Matt Waletzko

122) DI Thomas Booker

159) G Thayer Munford 

179) Tired- need a nap - cb can fill it in

216)
XXXX?

Cant get the pic to attach, but I am pretty fond of my last PFF mock, not sure its realistic though.

Round 2- Jalen Pitre, CB, Baylor- grade A

Round 3- Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis- Grade B+

Round 4- Kellen Diesch, T, Arizona State- Grade A

Round 5- Matt Waletzko, T, North Dakota- Grade A

Round 5- Joshua Ezeudu, G, North Carolina- Grade A-

Round 6- Josh Johnson, WR, Tulsa- Grade A+

Round 7- Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State- Grade A

Overall Grade- A

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I've posted my thoughts about trading back from 42 with GB's picks 59,92, and 132 which are of nearly exactly equal value...so I'll mock it here:

59:  Abraham Lucas - OT- even if he only plays RT..it can also improve the RG spot by sliding Smith there and Pinter to C when Kelly's contract expires.   Pryor/Lucas, Nelson, Pinter, Smith, Pryor/Lucas would be a nice oline in 2023/24

73:  Jelani Woods TE

92:  Martin Emerson CB

122: Velus Jones WR  (Top 30 visit)

132: Akayleb Evans CB (Present at workout?)

159:  Bo Melton WR

179: Ryan Van Dermark OT (Present at workout)

216: Jayden Peevey DT  6'5, 35 inch arms (Top 30 visit)

239: Hassan Haskins RB

Or flop the 179 and 216 picks, since I'm unsure of their late round value.

Woods, Jones, and Melton would add lots of speed to the O.

Swapping out Martin Emerson for S Kerby Joseph.  Forgot about the FS position.

I'm just excited to see how it all plays out for the Colts. 

I've been a draft-freak since 1970. These days, the one thing I can always expect is that Ballard and company will pick some guys we're completely unfamiliar with.

Grover, Strachan, etc.

I do expect moving around. 

but I'm INTRIGUED by Ballard's musing at the end of the latest vid.

"If he's there at 42, I'm taking him!"

WHO????

5 hours ago, stitches said:

I'm going through some measurements of the prospects and here are some players that I feel like we've overlooked in discussing them as potential additions:

DL

1. Perrion Winfrey, Travis Jones - LONG arms, great athleticism... potential 3-tech. 

2. Eyioma Uwazurike - tall, big, long arms, good explosion numbers for the weight(319lbs). Potential 1 tech. 

3. Arnold Ebiketie, Michael Clemons, Kingsley Enagbare, Drake Jackson - big/long DEs... fit Ballard's mold

LB

Brandon Smith, Penn State - long arms, athletic! Similar to Leonard and Okereke, fills the stat sheet - 9 TFL, 2sacks, 1FF, 5PDs, etc. 

Jeremiah Moon - project LB, super long arms.

CBs

- >32"arms Martin Emerson, Joshua Williams, Joshua Jobe, Vincent Gray, Alontae Taylor, Akayleb Evans, Jaylen Watson

All the tall CBs with long arms are why I can see us double dipping. Even if we get a future starter, we still need depth. I really like Jaylen Watson late. Evans too.

• Like 1

Rd 2 Pick 42. Skyy Moore, WR Western Michigan

Rd 3 Pick 73. Kerby Joseph, S Illinois

Rd 4 Pick 122. Khalil Shakir, WR Boise State

Rd 5. Pick 159. Joshua Williams, CB Fayetteville State

Rd 5 Pick 179. James Mitchell, TE Virginia Tech

Rd 6 Pick 216. Jeremiah Gemmel, LB North Carolina

Rd 7 Pick 240. Blaise Andries, OG Minnesota

I could also see a defensive linemen taken by the Colts fairly early on but in the simulator I did it didn't line up in a way I thought it made sense to do so. 

Just did my last mock before tomorrow and its probably the best one I've ever done lol. If this happen I think I'd be in heaven.

42. Tariq Woolen CB, 

73. Alec Pierce WR, 

122. Matt Waletzko OT,  

159. Charlie Kolar TE,  

179. Smoke Monday S, 

216. Tyler Allgeier RB, 

240. Dontario Drummond WR, 

• Like 1

My one and only mock. Traded back in the 3rd for an extra pick.

42 - Christian Watson WR
83 - Carson Strong QB
122 - Cade Otton TE
124 - Braxton Jones OT
159 - Smoke Monday S
179 - DeAngelo Malone Edge
216 - Vincent Gray CB
239 - Bo Melton WR

• Like 2