Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*Updated* Colts sign Stephon Gilmore (Merge)

Smonroe

On 4/17/2022 at 9:33 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Back on topic of signing Gilmore, is a nice move. 

There is actually cause for optimism with the additions of Gilmore, DE from the Raiders and if Ryan works out. Those are potentially good additions to move this club forward. It's not just that those players upgrade the team in those premium positions BUT it hopefully signals that the Colts are more serious about winning the division. The same could not be said in the 2021 off-season. 

These players may not be long-term key players but should help for the next year or two. 

The Defense could be a pretty good unit.... I would personally have preferred to be stronger Offensively than Defensively because of the way the game is played these days, but still there's more optimism going forward.

:thmup:

It takes about 17 guys to make a strong offense and about the same or more to make a good NFL defense.
 I can see you spending months in the off season, during FA, Tweaking your draft to be a little stronger on O than D.  When you really don't know but for a few,  just how much these young player's will ascend, play.  
 I think this years team can be top ten in all three phases, and we will have a fighters chance. And i do NOT think it hinges AT ALL on our DRAFT.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

It takes about 17 guys to make a strong offense and about the same or more to make a good NFL defense.
 I can see you spending months in the off season, during FA, Tweaking your draft to be a little stronger on O than D.  When you really don't know but for a few,  just how much these young player's will ascend, play.  
 I think this years team can be top ten in all three phases, and we will have a fighters chance. And i do NOT think it hinges AT ALL on our DRAFT.

I mostly agree but if ballard uses all his picks on kickers, I think the team would suffer.  :D

On 4/17/2022 at 12:26 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Here’s the deal….  Ballard has a long documented track record of not making a big move in the first 2-3 weeks of free agency.   Everyone knows it.   It’s not a secret.  

So when people were complaining, those of us who understand Ballard kept saying “Wait, be patient.”    Now the critics are saying good job!    They don’t acknowledge their earlier criticisms nor those of us who told them what would eventually happen and have been proven right. 

Lol. This is a fan board. No one needs to “acknowledge” you for anything. You seem kind of desperate for someone to compliment you. I’d suggest looking for affirmation in your personal life not from strangers on a fan forum. But hey, I’m a team player: NewColtsFan, you’re brilliant! You and CB have a combined 41-40 record! I acknowledge you! Congrats! 

2 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Lol. This is a fan board. No one needs to “acknowledge” you for anything. You seem kind of desperate for someone to compliment you. I’d suggest looking for affirmation in your personal life not from strangers on a fan forum. But hey, I’m a team player: NewColtsFan, you’re brilliant! You and CB have a combined 41-40 record! I acknowledge you! Congrats! 

So….  Chris Ballard is 41-40.      :facepalm:

And I’m….    Desperate.            :facepalm:

You’re new.   And sweet.   Good luck here. 

Enjoy the website. 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Enjoy the website. 

I love the 41-40 guys, weak argument isn't it + they count 2017 to fit their narrative. Grigson was 52-34 playoffs combined but guess what he had Luck the whole time, when Luck was injured part of 2015, he had Hasselbeck. Hell I could be a GM and do almost nothing if I had Luck at QB and be 20 games above .500 and that is what Grigson did = almost nothing and rode Luck's coatails. 

On 4/17/2022 at 8:06 PM, BProland85 said:

TN has some serious question marks in pass blocking as well. They have no RT, an aging LT who gets injured a lot, and no LG. 

Give me a roster that has Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Mixon, and an underrated defense. They have drafted very well as of late. 

Their whole line is a mess.  To me it speaks to just how good Henry is that he puts up the numbers he does behind that train wreck of a line.

23 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Enjoy the website. 

All facts, but my sweetness is debatable! Go Colts! 

On 4/25/2022 at 12:46 AM, GoColts8818 said:

Their whole line is a mess.  To me it speaks to just how good Henry is that he puts up the numbers he does behind that train wreck of a line.

Henry only played half the season last year and the Titans record was as good with him as without him. 

On 4/25/2022 at 1:46 AM, GoColts8818 said:

The Titans have had one of the best O-Line’s in the league the past 3-4 years lol 

Archived