Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*Updated* Colts sign Stephon Gilmore (Merge)

Smonroe

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

It’s funny how much delusional Titans fans are brushing off this signing and not taking the Colts seriously as a team that could certainly win the AFC South next year. As if they have a world beater team themselves with freaking Tannehill lol. They haven’t done jack the last two years going one and done in the playoffs. 

I think the Colts are the better team right now but they still swept us last year and we’re #1 seed. They are still a very good team. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

It’s funny how much delusional Titans fans are brushing off this signing and not taking the Colts seriously as a team that could certainly win the AFC South next year. As if they have a world beater team themselves with freaking Tannehill lol. They haven’t done jack the last two years going one and done in the playoffs. 

I see how you avoided Tannehill and the Titans making it to the AFC Championship 3 years ago.   Cherry picking is not good.  

The Colts are the team that hasn't done crap in the past few years.  

I hope that changes this season, but it is not a sure thing.

28 minutes ago, Myles said:

I see how you avoided Tannehill and the Titans making it to the AFC Championship 3 years ago.   Cherry picking is not good.  

In 2020 we went 11-5 and made the playoffs, I wouldn't call that crap. We had the same amount of wins as the Titans did in 2020 (we split with them), they just got the tiebreaker. Now that we got a real QB here, let the games begin :banana:

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In 2020 we went 11-5 and made the playoffs, I wouldn't call that crap. We had the same amount of wins as the Titans did in 2020 (we split with them), they just got the tiebreaker. Now that we got a real QB here, let the games begin :banana:

i get that, I just don't see how people bash what the Titans have done when the Colts haven't even won the division since 2014.   They have a good shot this year to take the division back, but Colts fans talking crap is worse than Titans fans talking crap.  

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

i get that, I just don't see how people bash what the Titans have done when the Colts haven't even won the division since 2014.   They have a good shot this year to take the division back, but Colts fans talking crap is worse than Titans fans talking crap.  

History wise them talking crap is worse because of all the division titles we have won + we won a SB something they have never done. They should respect our organization if they had any class. Their fans talking crap to a Colts fan would be me like talking crap to Cardinals fans after we won it all 2016. I respect the Cardinals because they have won far more games and WS than the Cubs. and at least the Cubs did win a WS recently, Titans have never won one.

If the Titans we were really good, they would've made the SB last year with KC playing inconsistent and they were the #1 seed. On paper they were better than Cincy but that is Tannehill for you haha 

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

History wise them talking crap is worse because of all the division titles we have won + we won a SB something they have never done. They should respect our organization if they had any class. Their fans talking crap to a Colts fan would be me like talking crap to Cardinals fans after we won it all 2016. I respect the Cardinals because they have won far more games and WS than the Cubs. and at least the Cubs did win a WS recently, Titans have never won one.

If the Titans we were really good, they would've made the SB last year with KC playing inconsistent and they were the #1 seed. On paper they were better than Cincy but that is Tannehill for you haha 

i think going back decades to talk crap is desperation.  Colts haven't won the division in 8 years.  We should be humble and wait until the team shows it can do it.  The Titans have gone to the AFC Championship and won the division the following 2 years. 

I don't think they have too much to brag about, but certainly more than the Colts in recent years.    

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

i think going back decades to talk crap is desperation.  Colts haven't won the division in 8 years.  We should be humble and wait until the team shows it can do it.  The Titans have gone to the AFC Championship and won the division the following 2 years. 

I don't think they have too much to brag about, but certainly more than the Colts in recent years.    

If they would've made the SB last year or even the AFC Title Game again they would have a leg to stand on as far as bragging rights. They made the AFC Title Game in 2019, their first since 2002. Ok they have won the division the last 3 years but have nothing to show for it expect 1 AFC Title Game appearance. Lets say they win the division again but we go farther in the playoffs, what team would be considered having the better season? I say the Colts. Just like in 2018, Houston won the division but we beat them in the playoffs when it counted.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If they would've made the SB last year or even the AFC Title Game again they would have a leg to stand on as far as bragging rights. They made the AFC Title Game in 2019, their first since 2002. Ok they have won the division the last 3 years but have nothing to show for it expect 1 AFC Title Game appearance. Lets say they win the division again but we go farther in the playoffs, what team would be considered having the better season? I say the Colts. Just like in 2018, Houston won the division but we beat them in the playoffs when it counted.

Most want to put us up against the Patriots standards in what they have accomplished. I am doing nothing different here putting our standards up against what the Titans have done. Same difference. I have seen numerous, Patriots this, Patriots that. They haven't won anything in 3 years. I can do the same thing with Colts/Titans. What is the difference? Titans have never reached our level of accomplishments as we haven't the Patriots. But it is ok for people to bring up the Pats in every damn conversation when people talk about the Colts history. It works both ways.

On 4/15/2022 at 2:03 PM, ShuteAt168 said:

Ballard had made no free agent moves of any consequence so some fans complained, justifiably so. He finally made one so fans compliment him and show some excitement. I don’t see how that’s inconsistent at all. That’s how it’s supposed to work. 

Here’s the deal….  Ballard has a long documented track record of not making a big move in the first 2-3 weeks of free agency.   Everyone knows it.   It’s not a secret.  

So when people were complaining, those of us who understand Ballard kept saying “Wait, be patient.”    Now the critics are saying good job!    They don’t acknowledge their earlier criticisms nor those of us who told them what would eventually happen and have been proven right. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Colts haven't won their own division in 8 seasons.   They have no bragging rights over the Titans  The Titans also swept the Colts last season.  If I had to pick the team who had bragging rights right now, it would be the Titans.   Hopefully the Colts change that once the season starts.  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here’s the deal….  Ballard has a long documented track record of not making a big move in the first 2-3 weeks of free agency.   Everyone knows it.   It’s not a secret.  

So when people were complaining, those of us who understand Ballard kept saying “Wait, be patient.”    Now the critics are saying good job!    They don’t acknowledge their earlier criticisms nor those of us who told them what would eventually happen and have been proven right. 

You're a funny guy. I recall you saying you were puzzled as well.

4 hours ago, Myles said:

I think the Titans slip. Their D line played out of their minds. Autry had his best year. Landry was playing for a contract. They will put less pressure on the qb and I think their secondary gets exposed. I know Henry is a,stud but if u go by the charts, I expect him to hit the wall in a big way.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

The Colts haven't won their own division in 8 seasons.   They have no bragging rights over the Titans  The Titans also swept the Colts last season.  If I had to pick the team who had bragging rights right now, it would be the Titans.   Hopefully the Colts change that once the season starts.  

Going by the last 8 seasons (2014-2021), we have more playoff wins with 3, they have only have 2. I honestly don't think they have much to brag about, that fact is actually comical considering they have won the division titles 3 years in a row. 

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Going by the last 8 seasons (2014-2021), we have more playoff wins with 3, they have only have 2. I honestly don't think they have much to brag about, that fact is actually comical considering they have won the division titles 3 years in a row. 

Actually I think they won the division title just the past 2 years.   

I'm not saying they have a huge amount of bragging rights over the past few years, just more than the Colts.  

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm not saying they have a huge amount of bragging rights over the past few years, just more than the Colts.  

Bragging over any division win whether it be by an NFC or AFC team is ridiculous. Super Bowl is the target and nothing else matters..nothing.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

200.gif

18 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Bragging over any division win whether it be by an NFC or AFC team is ridiculous. Super Bowl is the target and nothing else matters..nothing.

I think head to head matchups can give a team some bragging rights.   Even the lowly Jags have a bit of bragging rights over the Colts at this time, especially in Jacksonville.

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think head to head matchups can give a team some bragging rights.   Even the lowly Jags have a bit of bragging rights over the Colts at this time, especially in Jacksonville.

Yeah Titans can brag and rub it in. My counter arguement is yeah u beat us twice and choked at home big time, I mean big time. We had a hostoeic collapsevbut their loss in the play off game was also historic.  I mean how do u sack the opposing qb 9 times and lose the game? Thats has to be a 1st.The Jags can rub it in but yeah they are picking 1st in the draft again. If they r going to talk smack, I can talk smack back.

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yeah Titans can brag and rub it in. My counter arguement is yeah u beat us twice and choked at home big time, I mean big time. We had a hostoeic collapsevbut their loss in the play off game was also historic.  I mean how do u sack the opposing qb 9 times and lose the game? Thats has to be a 1st.The Jags can rub it in but yeah they are picking 1st in the draft again. If they r going to talk smack, I can talk smack back.

I can mostly agree with this.  

The Titans are currently the king of the division hill and we need to knock them off, which I think we have a good chance of doing.   The Colts have also had some historic losses, so I won't throw too many rocks at the Titans.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I can mostly agree with this.  

The Titans are currently the king of the division hill and we need to knock them off, which I think we have a good chance of doing.   The Colts have also had some historic losses, so I won't throw too many rocks at the Titans.  

I think the Colts can take them on.  I think Gilmore is a good match up against Brown. He killed us last year in  and they had no  answer  for him. He does not have elite speed but he is ultra physical. Gilmore can handle him.

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You're a funny guy. I recall you saying you were puzzled as well.

I was puzzled….    Because, at the start of free agency,  I thought Irsay had ordered Ballard to do more this time around.  To be more aggressive.  Everyone was buzzing about Irsay’s “all in” comment.    I thought that would mean Ballard would abandon his typical approach. 

But once it became obvious that Ballard was going to keep his same approach, that told me he had Irsay’s support.   That made me re-think everything about what we were doing.   

When I say I’m wrong all the time, and I do say that,  this is a typical example.   I think I’ve hit Ballard and Irsay figured out, and they surprise me again. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Titans,Colts, Texans and Jags r all the same. Sure,  some have better records and have won the AFC South. However, which team can say they have won a superbowl in the last 14 years? None is the answer and that's al that matters. They are all on the same level. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mostly agree but I would take Cincy’s roster over the Titans. Tennessee has some issues on the OL, WR, and obviously QB. Cincy mostly only has had issues on the OL. 

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Mostly agree but I would take Cincy’s roster over the Titans. Tennessee has some issues on the OL, WR, and obviously QB. Cincy mostly only has had issues on the OL. 

I think it is easy to fall in love with Cincy but they have no no Oline and that got more exposed as the play offs went on. Teams r waiting for them to come to town. Plus we had a qb who had no Oline and how did that work out?  Titans are balanced but Tannehil sucks in the big moments. I would argue that the Colts are one of thr more balanced teams in the AFC right now. The other teams r Sevier bit they have a lot of holes.

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think it is easy to fall in love with Cincy but they have no no Oline and that got more exposed as the play offs went on. Teams r waiting for them to come to town. Plus we had a qb who had no Oline and how did that work out?  Titans are balanced but Tannehil sucks in the big moments. I would argue that the Colts are one of thr more balanced teams in the AFC right now. The other teams r Sevier bit they have a lot of holes.

TN has some serious question marks in pass blocking as well. They have no RT, an aging LT who gets injured a lot, and no LG. 

Give me a roster that has Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Mixon, and an underrated defense. They have drafted very well as of late. 

9 hours ago, Myles said:

That run was because of Henry carrying them, not Tannehill. Henry could certainly start declining very soon with the usage he’s had and the fact that he’s an older RB. When Tannehill had to throw the ball against KC in that AFC title game, he couldn’t do it. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The Titans,Colts, Texans and Jags r all the same. Sure,  some have better records and have won the AFC South. However, which team can say they have won a superbowl in the last 14 years? None is the answer and that's al that matters. They are all on the same level. 

"last 14 years" that is funny you stopped at 14, why not 15?? :funny:. 2006 is still pretty recent and we are the only team in that division since it was invented in 2002 (the South) to win a SB. Sometimes you will go to the extreme not to give our organization credit. No we are all not all the same level and is not even close since 2002. 2002 and on is what you have to go by because that is when the 4 teams where put in the same division. 

GB hasn't won a SB since 2010, so since 2011 I guess the Lions are on the same level?? Ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I was thinking it was 3 because they went to the AFC Title Game in 2019, see their deepest run is when they didn't even win the division, kind of one of my points. Houston won it in 2019 and did very little in the playoffs. KC thumped them.

Back on topic of signing Gilmore, is a nice move. 

There is actually cause for optimism with the additions of Gilmore, DE from the Raiders and if Ryan works out. Those are potentially good additions to move this club forward. It's not just that those players upgrade the team in those premium positions BUT it hopefully signals that the Colts are more serious about winning the division. The same could not be said in the 2021 off-season. 

These players may not be long-term key players but should help for the next year or two. 

The Defense could be a pretty good unit.... I would personally have preferred to be stronger Offensively than Defensively because of the way the game is played these days, but still there's more optimism going forward.

:thmup:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"last 14 years" that is funny you stopped at 14, why not 15?? :funny:. 2006 is still pretty recent and we are the only team in that division since it was invented in 2002 (the South) to win a SB. Sometimes you will go to the extreme not to give our organization credit. No we are all not all the same level and is not even close since 2002. 2002 and on is what you have to go by because that is when the 4 teams where put in the same division. 

GB hasn't won a SB since 2010, so since 2011 I guess the Lions are on the same level?? Ridiculous. 

It’s funny how’s certain people will go to these wild lengths to discredit the organization at every chance possible. 

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

It’s funny how’s certain people will go to these wild lengths to discredit the organization at every chance possible. 

I know I don't get it. I don't get the 14 years thing, that was hilarious. That would be like me saying the Steelers haven't been relevant since 2009 because the last SB they won was in 2008 :funny:. History is history and factual so as bad has someone wants to change it to fit their narrative, they can't. Realistically the fair way to compare the Colts, Titans, Texans, and Jags is go by when they all got put in the same division = 2002. All were on the same level of playing field and it is in this recent era of football.

Colts = 1 SB win, 2 SB appearances, 9 Division Titles

Texans = 0 SB wins, 0 SB appearances, 6 Division Titles

Titans = 0 SB wins, 0 SB appearances, 4 Division Titles

Jags = 0 SB wins, 0 SB appearances, 1 Division Title

Since 2002 (AFC South), going back 20 seasons, the Texans have had more success than the Titans have. We blow everyone away, facts.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know I don't get it. I don't get the 14 years thing, that was hilarious. That would be like me saying the Steelers haven't been relevant since 2009 because the last SB they won was in 2008 :funny:. History is history and factual so as bad has someone wants to change it to fit their narrative, they can't. Realistically the fair way to compare the Colts, Titans, Texans, and Jags is go by when they all got put in the same division = 2002. All were on the same level of playing field and it is in this recent era of football.

Colts = 1 SB win, 2 SB appearances, 9 Division Titles

Texans = 0 SB wins, 0 SB appearances, 6 Division Titles

Titans = 0 SB wins, 0 SB appearances, 4 Division Titles

Jags = 0 SB wins, 0 SB appearances, 1 Division Title

Since 2002 (AFC South), going back 20 seasons, the Texans have had more success than the Titans have. We blow everyone away, facts.

I made my point Bruce Lee No GIF- now back to Gilmore = great signing, the more and more I look at our defense, it looks very good if not great.

12 hours ago, Myles said:

Kind of like dating a super model 10 years ago and still talking out it when all u have dated since are the girl next door types. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Kind of like dating a super model 10 years ago and still talking out it when all u have dated since are the girl next door types. 

History is history. Between you and @Myles you can't sugarcoat it. If I was someone that played in the NFL 20 years ago and you guys never did, then I would have bragging rights that I made it and you guys didn't. Face it, the Colts have had the better franchise compared to the Titans, Texans, and Jags. Facts are facts. If you want to talk about now going into 2022, you guys can go on and on about Tannehill and Tennessee lmao . When we win the division, what will you say then?? I am right on this regarding history because I have the facts to back it up. Are the Patriots and Steelers better than us in history, yes - see being reasonable is something I get. Colts fans need to respect the teams accolades and quit being negative and miserable. It brings down the Site.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

History is history. Between you and @Myles you can't sugarcoat it. If I was someone that played in the NFL 20 years ago and you guys never did, then I would have bragging rights that I made it and you guys didn't. Face it, the Colts have had the better franchise compared to the Titans, Texans, and Jags. Facts are facts. If you want to talk about now going into 2022, you guys can go on and on about Tannehill and Tennessee lmao . When we win the division, what will you say then?? I am right on this regarding history because I have the facts to back it up. Are the Patriots and Steelers better than us in history, yes - see being reasonable is something I get. Colts fans need to respect the teams accolades and quit being negative and miserable. It brings down the Site.

I look at recent history for "bragging rights".   Of course the Colts have the better history as a franchise.  Tannehill and Tennessee have won the division the past 2 years and we need to knock them off that pedestal.  I think we can do that this year.  They swept us last year.  No division titles in 8 years puts us in our place and that is a place of having to prove ourselves.  

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I look at recent history for "bragging rights".   Of course the Colts have the better history as a franchise.  Tannehill and Tennessee have won the division the past 2 years and we need to knock them off that pedestal.  I think we can do that this year.  They swept us last year.  No division titles in 8 years puts us in our place and that is a place of having to prove ourselves.  

Should be a fun and interesting year.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I worry more bout this year and could care a less what happened in the past. I do expect the Colts to win the division and make some noise but that depends on whether they can add 1 more legit game breaker. Pittman is a #2. Taylor is a stud. I think u will see Hines more in the slot as Taylor had shown excellent pass catching skills. They need a legit take the top of the defense WR. Love Campbell but cannot count on him . He is likely to break his fingers lacing up his shoes. They also need a TE.

By the way, in Ballard’s pre-draft presser he shared something that clarified how things unfolded with Gilmore. 

Remember when we brought Gilmore in and he left a day later?   Ballard bashers said we had lost Gilmore because Ballard was again being cheap.   Turns out, that was wrong.

We brought Gilmore in for a physical. He had a season ending quad injury last year, so we were simply doing our due diligence on his health.  Ballard said his health checked out really well.   Gilmore went home while the negotiations were done.  I think it took a couple of days.   Pretty straightforward.  

First impressions can often be deceiving. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

By the way, in Ballard’s pre-draft presser he shared something that clarified how things unfolded with Gilmore. 

Remember when we brought Gilmore in and he left a day later?   Ballard bashers said we had lost Gilmore because Ballard was again being cheap.   Turns out, that was wrong.

We brought Gilmore in for a physical. He had a season ending quad injury last year, so we were simply doing our due diligence on his health.  Ballard said his health checked out really well.   Gilmore went home while the negotiations were done.  I think it took a couple of days.   Pretty straightforward.  

First impressions can often be deceiving. 

Once again, you have the basic storyline sort of correct but your details are not. He did not tear his quad last year.

Gilmore tore his quad while on the Patriots in December of 2020. He missed the first 8 games of the 2021 season as a member of the Panthers. 

Archived