Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Atlanta is in play for Watson

ColtJax

The issue is that ATL will have to eat some of Ryan's salary to move him, and then take on DW's contract...Thats a lot of coin tied up in one position.

Don't know if I've heard about the details of DW's contract, and if there is a portion that stays on HOU cap and how much moves to the new team.   

Maybe they can swap QBs and swap cap hit at the same time?

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

No thanks on Ryan 

As far as a stopgap QB until we're in a position to take a swing in the draft, I could think of worse ones.  But, yeah, 20&12 with 3968 yards for a pocket passer isn't thrilling.  You can see why the Falcons are ready to move on.  Oddly enough, JG was also 20&12 with just under 4000 yards passing.  Garoppolo had a higher rating tho.

I get that Ballard doesn't want any more "band aids" at QB.  But we still have to field a team next year.  And about the only remaining realistic option for a guy who *might* become a long-term starter is Jimmy G.  Carr isn't happening and Mariota/Winston are, at best, has beens.

Personally, I think I'd rather get Matt Ryans' last couple years then get tied up with JG -- especially considering the surgery and JG's injury history.

3 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

As far as a stopgap QB until we're in a position to take a swing in the draft, I could think of worse ones.  But, yeah, 20&12 with 3968 yards for a pocket passer isn't thrilling.  You can see why the Falcons are ready to move on.  Oddly enough, JG was also 20&12 with just under 4000 yards passing.  Garoppolo had a higher rating tho.

I get that Ballard doesn't want any more "band aids" at QB.  But we still have to field a team next year.  And about the only remaining realistic option for a guy who *might* become a long-term starter is Jimmy G.  Carr isn't happening and Mariota/Winston are, at best, has beens.

Personally, I think I'd rather get Matt Ryans' last couple years then get tied up with JG -- especially considering the surgery and JG's injury history.

Jimmy was on one of the most talented rosters in the entire league. Other than Kyle Pitts who did Ryan have to throw to?

2 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

Jimmy was on one of the most talented rosters in the entire league. Other than Kyle Pitts who did Ryan have to throw to?

Good point.  Julio was no longer down by the schoolyard.  And Calvin Ridley went down early in the season.  Gage was their best WR and he's basically a WR3.

Anyway, my post was in favor of Ryan -- at least over what our other seemingly viable options are.  I'm really wary of Garoppolo with that surgery.  It was on his throwing shoulder.  His arm wasn't exactly a rocket before that.

6 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Maybe Matt Ryan is on the move. I wouldn't mind having him if something could be worked out.

Yea don't worry about the cap hit for Ryan . Get him for a few years and draft Riddell to learn from him. 

Just now, boogmanningluck said:

Yea don't worry about the cap hit for Ryan . Get him for a few years and draft Ridder to learn from him. 

Archived