Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Better 2022?: Indy, Philly, or Washington

EastStreet

Better 2022: Indy, Philly, or Washington  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best overall record?

2. 2. What QB will have the best all around year (QBR/Passer Rating)

• Washington (Wentz)
    • Philly (Hurts)
    • Indy (whoever Reich whispers too lol)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2022 at 07:54 AM

Right now I think it is Wentz and washington. He now has Terry McLauren and more importantly he has Logan Thomas which Wentz has always liked throwing to TEs. As for Philly I just don't believe that Hurts will ever be a good QB and We have no idea what the Colts are gonna look like

I think Wentz will have a good second half of his career in Washington. Rivera is a heck of a coach and will put Wentz in position to succeed like he did with Cam Newton except Wentz is better. Washington should be competing for division titles the next 5-7yrs.  Unless we hit on a QB soon the Colts will ultimately look like they made a mistake running Wentz out of town. 

Picked Philly and Wentz. I think the Eagles will be a better team next season, and probably will see a little boost in performance with Hurts. Wentz should have a good year in WA, they have some decent pass catchers and Terry is a tier 2 WR like Pitt. Riverboat Ron might going to enjoy year 1 of Carson, it's what happens after that that's the problem.

Reich is likely to be whispering to someone like Mariota or Tyrod Taylor or one of these journeymen who've bounced around...even if that person sees a bump in performance as has been the case anytime the Whisperer whispers, it's unlikely going to be enough to match Wentz but i will say now that i won't be surprised if i'm wrong.

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Picked WA on both.

Philly - not sold at all on Hurts

Indy - we have major holes to fill, and will be breaking in a new D scheme and new QB

WA - pretty decent roster. Wentz is an upgrade to Heinecke. 

Same on both for now, but obviously the Colt QB solution and other moves could shift things. I think the NFC East might be a softer division compared to the South in some respects. 

I picked PHI and Hurts.

Wentz will certainly have weapons in WAS, but Hurts will possibly be throwing to even better weapons, assuming they use some cap space and/or one of those 1st rounders on a WR.

I do expect the Colts to have better weapons, but who knows who the Colts get. And if a rookie is starting at some point, stats won’t be as important.

I voted WAS and Wentz.

But if the Colts save their capital in finding a QB and build the team around Mariota and Ehlinger, the Colts could have a the best record.

But Wentz will still have a better passer rating regardless.  I expect it to be pretty high, and have a few bad games too.  That's who he is, IMO.

Philly is just bad and got by last year with a fluky running QB offense.   BAL's little cousin isn't as good. 

I could actually see the eagles taking this.  Im not sold on hurts either but they were the top rushing team and have a lot of draft picks.  he may not need to throw for much

Colts have a lot of question marks, give me winston over mitch or mariota and i like our chances

I wouldnt be shocked if carson misses games playing on that field.  hopefully he hits 70%

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

Same on both for now, but obviously the Colt QB solution and other moves could shift things. I think the NFC East might be a softer division compared to the South in some respects. 

I think the AFCS will be the softer division this year. Plus the Colts get the AFCW. Not sure about the the NFCE’s schedule though. 

Just now, shasta519 said:

I think the AFCS will be the softer division this year. Plus the Colts get the AFCW. Not sure about the the NFCE’s schedule though. 

I've not been sold on the NFC East teams in the last few years, though you can say the same about the South too. Titans are certainly decent enough, the Jags might get their act together if Trevor lives up to the hyper in his sophomore season, and the Texans... well yes the Texans. 

Divisional games tend to be weird regardless of division, but I could see Washington doing quite well against their peers which obviously is a big help to the overall record. Wentz has what, 3(?), 'revenge' games too :lol:

1 hour ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

I’ll go with WAS on both. With Wentz I think WAS could make a deep run in the playoffs. The Colts brass are going to regret trading him. 

Unlikely. He's not winning that team the SB. Maybe he gets WA to the playoffs, maybe even wins them a game but two teams have not discarded the dude for no reason. 

The Colts will be fine

6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Honestly I think the NFCE is really weird. Got 3 teams in the top 6 OLs. 

Eagles have 3 1st round draft picks, so could pick up some good ones if they pick right. 

Dallas will do well, but doubt they get over the hump. 

Overall, I don't think the AFCS is tougher right now. Zero elite QBs. 

But yes, a lot of moves could shift things. 

42 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Honestly I think the NFCE is really weird. Got 3 teams in the top 6 OLs. 

Eagles have 3 1st round draft picks, so could pick up some good ones if they pick right. 

Dallas will do well, but doubt they get over the hump. 

Overall, I don't think the AFCS is tougher right now. Zero elite QBs. 

But yes, a lot of moves could shift things. 

I guess it's just the last few years where it feels like, outside of Philly's SBowl, the NFC East has never quite lived up to the hype. I get that some of that is down to the skewed media coverage of 'legacy' teams generating some of that hype, but even then, the Giants/erm... Washington have been pretty lacklustre for quite some time.

9 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I guess it's just the last few years where it feels like, outside of Philly's SBowl, the NFC East has never quite lived up to the hype. I get that some of that is down to the skewed media coverage of 'legacy' teams generating some of that hype, but even then, the Giants/erm... Washington have been pretty lacklustre for quite some time.

Not saying they're a great division at all. I just look at their rosters, SoS, and records the last 4 years, and I think they have been better, and are better now. Not by much though. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well I mean if we play Sam or a rookie I would vote Philly having the better record. Hurts and Wentz are pretty even but I like Philly's roster a little better.

Hurts and Wentz are even? huh?

Hurts had a top 5 OL and better weapons, and Wentz still beat him in just about every QB stat or grading service.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Philly has a great run offense as well. I just think Philly is better. Wentz may be a little better than Hurts but it is pretty even.

Dude, look at the QB stats. It's not really close to being even passing wise.

Philly's rush O was only good because Hurts is better running than passing lol... Their best RB only had 750 yards. He's good, not great. Gibson (WA's RB) hit 1000+ for the year, and did that with a bad QB. Wentz/Gibson combo behind WA's OL should be as good or better than Philly's Hurts/Sanders. 

Pass D is the biggest delta between the teams now.

9 minutes ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

With all due respect to @EastStreet, I am going to wait and see what the offseason brings before answering.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is what I said because if we get Carr or Jimmy G I say we have the best record. 

Guys... it's a hot take, point in time, poll.

You're thinking too hard.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Philly's rush O was only good because Hurts is better running than passing lol... Their best RB only had 750 yards. He's good, not great. Gibson (WA's RB) hit 1000+ for the year, and did that with a bad QB. Wentz/Gibson combo behind WA's OL should be as good or better than Philly's Hurts/Sanders. 

I will vote us then.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Lol!!!!!!  I understand the "hot take", though we aren't even a complete team as of now.  As of know, Washington and Wentz, but that can change quickly.

Archived