Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints interviewing Montgomery

BProland85

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Wow, our coaching staff is being gutted these last two years.  Points to a lot of coaching talent. 

if we have the most probowlers and highly coveted front office and highly coveted coaches this year, what the heck happened?

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/10/report-saints-interviewing-scottie-montgomery-for-offensive-coordinator/

Saints are interviewing Colts RBs coach Scottie Montgomery for their OC positions. Would the Colts get draft compensation back if they hired him? Or is that only when coaches of diversity get HC positions? 

Only for HC or GM positions.

Good for Montgomery. First year as a RB coach, I thought his hiring was strange for that reason. But if he can parlay that into a coordinator position, that's a nice progression for him in a short period of time. 

49 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

if we have the most probowlers and highly coveted front office and highly coveted coaches this year, what the heck happened?

I think the 1-3 start comes down to being rusty, with a new QB.

i think the 0-2 finish is from a combination of a QB who’s never really shown at any point that he can consistently carry a team when he needs too and a QB who has a trait of resorting to trying to play hero ball when the pressures on him. 

37 minutes ago, Superman said:

Only for HC or GM positions.

Good for Montgomery. First year as a RB coach, I thought his hiring was strange for that reason. But if he can parlay that into a coordinator position, that's a nice progression for him in a short period of time. 

So we should get one for Flus or is it just for minority promotions?

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

I think the 1-3 start comes down to being rusty, with a new QB.

i think the 0-2 finish is from a combination of a QB who’s never really shown at any point that he can consistently carry a team when he needs too and a QB who has a trait of resorting to trying to play hero ball when the pressures on him. 

Yeah. That’s fair and I get it.  It’s just the totality of all those players coaches and management being considered so highly that is shocking to be where we are.  I guess we’ll get ‘em next year!  Like the bad news bears said to the Yankees.   

4 hours ago, Zoltan said:

The defensive turnover was huge but expected with Eberflus leaving, losing Groh, Taylor and now possibly Montgomery are huge losses. For a team that is trying to build consistency losing all these coaches is not helpful.

Hiw do we know losing Taylor and Groh are huge losses?   Grog left to take the same job elsewhere.   Not a promotion.   Maybe he left with our encouragement?

I hope we end up keeping Montgomery…. 

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hiw do we know losing Taylor and Groh are huge losses?   Grog left to take the same job elsewhere.   Not a promotion.   Maybe he left with our encouragement?

I hope we end up keeping Montgomery…. 

I was listening to a colts podcast and they mentioned they  might not even replace Taylor because they kind of just made up the position for him.

Zak Keefer said colts hope they can keep Scotty but know he is a rising star in the league.

43 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I was listening to a colts podcast and they mentioned they  might not even replace Taylor because they kind of just made up the position for him.

Zak Keefer said colts hope they can keep Scotty but know he is a rising star in the league.

Funny about Montgomery….  When we hired him many here freaked out simply because he’d never been a RB coach before.   Forget that he’d been a head coach before or that he’d been an OC before, people here worried about him being qualified for the job.  

Now?   He’s a rising star!

That negative view sure hasn’t aged well….  

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Funny about Montgomery….  When we hired him many here freaked out simply because he’d never been a RB coach before.   Forget that he’d been a head coach before or that he’d been an OC before, people here worried about him being qualified for the job.  

Now?   He’s a rising star!

That negative view sure hasn’t aged well….  

I didn't view it negatively, but I did want to know what the deal was with that hire. As far as I remember no one ever really asked and got an answer, which was kinda frustrating.

I'd rather keep him at this point, but if he gets an OC job good for him.

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

I didn't view it negatively, but I did want to know what the deal was with that hire. As far as I remember no one ever really asked and got an answer, which was kinda frustrating.

I'd rather keep him at this point, but if he gets an OC job good for him.

I know you didn’t act negatively, but a good number sure did.   I wouldn’t call them a majority, but a very substantial number.   I know I exchanged posts with them.   I tried to reassure them that if Montgomery could do all the other jobs he’s done in his career, then he was more than capable of coaching the RBs.   Some just didn’t want to hear it.   

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know you didn’t act negatively, but a good number sure did.   I wouldn’t call them a majority, but a very substantial number.   I know I exchanged posts with them.   I tried to reassure them that if Montgomery could do all the other jobs he’s done in his career, then he was more than capable of coaching the RBs.   Some just didn’t want to hear it.   

Yeah no doubt, there was definitely some freaking out. Which is pretty much par for the course.

Archived