Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who will win SuperBowl 47

DS3

I'm gonna call this one now, before the season starts and everyone realizes how good they are......Kansas City will rep the AFC this year in the SB. Division winners; Pats, Bengals, Texans, Chiefs....WC; Colts, Broncos

The NFC is a little tricky. I think Green Bay comes back down to earth. New Orleans falls back some too. Gonna say Atlanta moves up, but probably fall short in the playoffs. Division winners; Eagles, Bears, Falcons, Niners.....WC; G-Men, Packers. I'll say the Niners get in for the NFC.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Houston over the Steelers, Patriots, or Packers any day of the week. My contenders would be: Baltimore, Houston, Patriots, Bears, 49ers. Other than that, everyone else might have a chance to get to the big game. The Giants sure as heck aren't doing it again lol.

Houstons BIGGEST question is can they stay healthy and will the D be as dominant again this year as it was last year? I mean before last year they were OK on D but no one was afraid of them like a Ravens or Steelers D.

I'm gonna call this one now, before the season starts and everyone realizes how good they are......Kansas City will rep the AFC this year in the SB. Division winners; Pats, Bengals, Texans, Chiefs....WC; Colts, Broncos

The NFC is a little tricky. I think Green Bay comes back down to earth. New Orleans falls back some too. Gonna say Atlanta moves up, but probably fall short in the playoffs. Division winners; Eagles, Bears, Falcons, Niners.....WC; G-Men, Packers. I'll say the Niners get in for the NFC.

Ok explain WHY they will win a division with P manning in it? and why they will represent the AFC?? come on we need reasons lol

Houstons BIGGEST question is can they stay healthy and will the D be as dominant again this year as it was last year? I mean before last year they were OK on D but no one was afraid of them like a Ravens or Steelers D.

Of those two questions the one I'd be more worried about is staying healthy. Defense will be just as good if not better.

"Tom Brady is good, but its a weakness in his game he does not always recognize pass russ blizes like P.Manning does that's why he lost to New York not going to happen trust me plus there defense is not top tier."

--Luckycharm

"LOL... what?" --GoPats

I'm with GoPats on this one. Tom Brady is an exceptional QB. To suggest that he isn't on the same level as Peyton in blitz pickup is not being honest or fair to Brady at all. Rex Ryan loves to run overload blitzes, even seasoned future HOF field generals can't always ascertain who the true blitzer is on every down. I know real talent when I see it and Brady is a master at dissecting LB, DB, CB, and safety pressure IMO.

Yeah once again i will say this i know my football. The Jets not even a good team anyway so of course he will look good against them i mean they have Coach problem,a couple solid defensive players, Qb problems so.....I gauranteed these (3) gms that New England will not win. Not only are they going to lose, but by blowouts Denver, Houston, and 49ers gm. And they reason i bring up just these three gms is because they the only gms against good opponents and do not bring up Baltimore thats another story. Let's see what N.E. do against those opponents as long as those teams main players are healthy that's a garuanteed loss.You heard it from me.

Kansas City will rep the AFC this year in the SB.

Of those two questions the one I'd be more worried about is staying healthy. Defense will be just as good if not better.

Kansas City does intrigue me Peytonator and Romeo Crennel is a great coach. I just don't trust QB Matt Cassel though.

Vance, Houston's defense looks fantastic!!! Matt Shaub please God stay healthy. I want the Texans to shock the NFL world this year. Houston is legit man. They can defeat Patriots if they have to IMO.

So not only did the Texans win the division because of Peyton's absence, but the only reason they are now good is because of him as well. Jeez, maybe we should put a statue of him in front of Reliant too?

Vance what i trying to explain to u is this the Colts with Manning at helm always been (1) of the top teams in the Nfl since 2002. In order for the Texans to even get in the playoffs they had to find the right players and build the right team to win they division. The problem until last yr. was they could never beat the Colts in there div. Texans have been getting better every year, but a advantage to them was having a opponent to model from to make themselves better. I was not saying they didn't get better on there own all i was saying the opposition u play helps on your approach on how to build a solid team as well.

ROFL You simply do not know football. It is obvious by your constant "the Broncos D is good" in week SIXTEEN the gave up 40 points to the scary BUFFALO BILLS Offense. An offense whose O was relying on a QB who had broken ribs!!! The week before they gave up 41 to NE, and TWO Weeks before that gave up 32 to MINNESOTA!! so stop with they were a good defense, I know all Tebow fault I mean the fact they stunk collectively BEFORE he started and were 1-4 means nothing.

And you know what I had no ill will for denver before your foolish coments, I kind of hope they get crushed WORSE than they did in the playoffs last year now by the Pats. Oh and the D was so AWESOME then Brady broke the RECORD for most TD passes in a half, but thats Tebow fault for them not stoppping NE ONCE!

Hey leave him alone. I heard he just got into the sport. Also i have a hunch he is young

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

I tell u who going to win this year Superbowl in this order: One of these teams will be Superbowl 47 champs bank on it!!

1.Houston

2.Denver

3.Greenbay

4. Indianapolis

5. ChicagoAnd im sticking to these prediction. I also tell u who will not win the Superbowl 47 in New Orleans in this order:

NOT THIS YEAR! TEAMS

1.Eagles reason: Michael Vick is not a good enough field general lose to a playoff defense.

2.Patroits reason: Tom Brady is good, but its a weakness in his game he does not always recognize pass russ blizes like P.Manning does that's why he lost to New York not going to happen trust me plus there dfense is not top tier.

3.Baltimore: There defense is good against the run, but against the pass they suck they may rank. 1 or 2 stats why's, but against the better offenses in the league they get toasted all day.

4. 49ERS reason: Alex Smith?? Need i say more really do u think they can win it all with him at the helm please.As far as defense they good, but let's see how they do against the Packers in week 1 before we call them contenders. And against a heathy Bears team.

This has to be trolling or sheer stu........nevermind been banned enough.

New England

Denver

Houston

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

San Diego

That's the most likely playoff lineup out of the AFC. There's at least 2 very difficult games.

I use the word "contender" in the sense that I'd expect them to win.

Packers

Giants

Saints

Patriots

Stilers

Those teams are "contenders". Other team's are playoffs teams, or good teams. The Colts were contenders!

I am let's say very sharp on calling gms. I want to see how sharp some of u football fans are of calling gms out this year. Now these are my gms. of the year the ones i looking foward to watching if u want to know who going to the Superbowl these gms. At least tells you something about each team and how good they really are. Ima make my picks and then i would like everyone else opinions or picks.Also assumming the main players from each team is healthy.

Top NFL Gms. Of 2012

Greenbay at Houston- Texans win Pittsburg at NY Giants- Giants win

Houston at Chicago-Bears win Denver at Baltimore-Denver win

Houston at New England-Texans win NY Giants at Baltimore-Giants win

Houston at Denver-Broncos win Pittsburg at Denver-Denver win

Houston at Detroit-Texans win San Francisco at Greenbay-Greenbay win

San francisco at New England-49ers win Chicago at San Francisco-Chicago win

Denver at New England- Broncos win Indianapolis at New England- Colts win

Top NFL Gms. Of 2012

Top NFL Gms. Of 2012

GB V Houston -- Houston 21 GB 17

Denver v NE -- NE 41 Denver 21

SF V NE -- NE 21 SF 7

CHI V SF SF 10 CHI 7

DEN V Baltimore -- Baltimore 31 denver 12

SF V GB --- GB 41 SF 3

pats v indy -- abstaining this is a colts board and I will not be mean to good fans but if it was only lucky... lol

rest are not KEY games... Oh and Buffalo v Texans will be close and a defensive battle and an upset BUFFALO WINS..7-3

Ok explain WHY they will win a division with P manning in it? and why they will represent the AFC?? come on we need reasons lol

I'm so glad you asked. Look at their roster.....they are unequivocally loaded. I do realize that the game is not played on paper, but on paper they are the best team. I know most people will disagree with me, but their Oline is the best in the game. They had one weak player on their line last year; RT Barry Richardson. The guy was a bum. How did they remedy the situation? They signed the best RT in the game; Eric Winston....who for what I assume were cap reasons, was released from Houston.

Next you look at the guys Cassel will be throwing and handing the rock to. Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis, and Dexter McCluster, make for a borderline ridiculous earth, wind, and fire combo....not sure anyone can disagree with that assessment. Their WRs should improve collectively as well with some continuity at QB. Bowe needs to get his a** back to camp and I would have zero worries. Boo freakin' hoo, you're only gonna make roughly $12 million.....get back to your teammates and grind it out with those guys. After him Jon Baldwin should make the jump you'd expect a 1st rounder to make. Steve Breaston adds a nice complement to those guys. Tony Moeaki and Kevin Boss make a respectable TE tandem that can both catch and block. Then add in the screens to McCluster/Charles.....I don't know if you can tell, but I'm a little jealous of that KC offense. Big, physical receivers on the outside. A bunch of fast, little guys to stretch the field. Nasty Oline. Excellent 1,2,3 punch at RB. They will play some quality, complimentary football.

Then you come to the defensive side. I know that a lot of people would consider Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson to be busts. That is true in the general scheme of things. They do not generate an ounce of pass rush up the middle. What they do very well though, is shut down the run and occupy blockers. I will say I don't know a thing about their projected starter at NT, Anthony Toribio, other than he has 5 career tackles. That spot might be a concern, but I don't worry about it too much. Romeo Crennel knows a thing or two about Dlinemen, and if Toribio is good enough for him, he's good enough for me. I'm not going to talk about Dontari Poe, I felt he was overrated coming out, and his effect will be minimally felt this year.....that's not to say he won't develop in a couple years though.

Move on to the LBs. Everybody knows about Tamba Hali. Guy's a beast. Justin Houston, their other edge rusher, was a rookie last year, came away with 5 sacks. I expect him to make a jump this year as well. He came on a lot stronger in the latter half of the year, and I see no reason to say he fails to improve on that. Their interior LBs are pretty solid as well. Derrick Johnson was an All-Pro last year. Jovan Belcher isn't going to make anybody's All-Pro list, but he's been a solid guy for the Chiefs the last couple years. All in all, they are right on par with San Fran's group of nasty Linebackers.

Last but not least, we get to my favorite part of this Kansas City team; the secondary. Brandon Flowers is a top-notch #1 CB. He shuts guys down almost at the same level of Revis. Opposite him will be another respectable guy, Stanford Routt. He was always a #2 CB in Oakland, playing behind Asomugha. He will get to play his old position again with a more respectable defense in KC. Javier Arenas makes for an excellent Nickel corner. Their Safety tandem is, in my opinion, best in the league. Eric Berry is going places in this league. Hopefully his ACL stays in tact, because I feel he could be on a Troy Polamalu level.....sans the concussions. Add in Kendrick Lewis benefitting from a healthy Berry and that just about rounds out a top 3 defense in the league.

I love my guy Big P over there in Denver, but I don't think even he can beat out KC for a division title this year.....especially with what I feel is a sub-par Denver team. Also Romeo Crennel is notorious for giving P fits.

Kansas City does intrigue me Peytonator and Romeo Crennel is a great coach. I just don't trust QB Matt Cassel though.

Vance, Houston's defense looks fantastic!!! Matt Shaub please God stay healthy. I want the Texans to shock the NFL world this year. Houston is legit man. They can defeat Patriots if they have to IMO.

Cassel is my only question mark for them. I do feel he will play pretty respectably with a remarkably stout team around him.

Houston definitely looks pretty sexy as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Johnathon Joseph with a horseshoe on his helmet.... :luv:

Funny, I too am quite intrigued by the potential of the Chiefs as well. Maybe it started last year after they beat up the Packers offense....heck I like when a defense can not only have a decent ranking but also give a top offense fits as well and live up to the hype.

I have my doubts on the Chiefs but IF they stay healthy they could be a dark horse and the AFC needs one or two of them.

They would also fit the last to first in a division trend since 2002 perfectly too IF they won the West.

Not sure about Super Bowl though for them......

Yes their o line is quite underrated right now. It could be a top unit.

Funny, I too am quite intrigued by the potential of the Chiefs as well. Maybe it started last year after they beat up the Packers offense..Ma..heck I like when a defense can not only have a decent ranking but also give a top offense fits as well and live up to the hype.

I have my doubts on the Chiefs but IF they stay healthy they could be a dark horse and the AFC needs one or two of them.

They would also fit the last to first in a division trend since 2002 perfectly too IF they won the West.

Totally forgot about that.....

We can add that to my list. They were one of two teams to beat Green Bay last year, and they did so without Charles, Berry, and Moeaki.

Cassel is my only question mark for them. I do feel he will play pretty respectably with a remarkably stout team around him.

Houston definitely looks pretty sexy as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Johnathon Joseph with a horseshoe on his helmet.... :luv:

:flirty:

Funny, I too am quite intrigued by the potential of the Chiefs as well. Maybe it started last year after they beat up the Packers offense....heck I like when a defense can not only have a decent ranking but also give a top offense fits as well and live up to the hype.

When I look at the AFC West with the Raiders led by Carson Palmer, the Chargers led by Philip Rivers, the Broncos led by Manning, and the Chiefs led by Matt Cassel, Cassel is the weakest link in that QB chain. Perhaps, Cassel can be the 2000 version of Ravens game manager Trent Dilfer, but I just can't wrap my head around that though without bursting into laughter. No, I don't hate Cassel. I just don't have faith in him in 3rd down and long conversion moments in the 4th quarter. The Chiefs would almost have to win their division to have a shot at the Playoffs and even if they did reach the Playoffs, Houston would demolish them in a confrontation game just on the legs, vision, and power of Aaron Foster alone IMO.

The Chiefs would almost have to win their division to have a shot at the Playoffs and even if they did reach the Playoffs, Houston would demolish them in a confrontation game just on the legs, vision, and power of Aaron Foster alone IMO.

wtf.gif

It's Arian :D

In fairness to my friend The Peytonator, every year a team emerges out of nowhere to slide into the Playoffs and go on a SuperBowl run think 2006 Colts and 2007 NY Giants. If Kansas City goes 10-6 or 11-5 this season, I will swallow my pride, eat crow, and grudgingly admit I was wrong. I will pull an ESPN Skip Bayless walk of penance and shame... haha:lol: :lol: I seriously doubt that I will wrong here though.

In fairness to my friend The Peytonator, every year a team emerges out of nowhere to slide into the Playoffs and go on a SuperBowl run think 2006 Colts and 2007 NY Giants. If Kansas City goes 10-6 or 11-5 this season, I will swallow my pride, eat crow, and grudgingly admit I was wrong. I will pull an ESPN Skip Bayless walk of penance and shame... haha:lol: :lol: I seriously doubt that I will wrong here though.

It can be hard tapping into your inner clairvoyant sometimes. Heck, I picked the Bengals to win the North this year.....that one could really make me look stupid.

It can be hard tapping into your inner clairvoyant sometimes. Heck, I picked the Bengals to win the North this year.....that one could really make me look stupid.

You're not foolish Peytonator. I like the tandem of Coach Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton a lot. I just don't see the "Red Rifle" shooting past Ray Lewis's defense this year. Like I mentioned in a previous post to QuizBoy awhile ago, I have admired the tenacity and composure of Andy Dalton every since he destroyed my WI Badgers secondary in the 2011 RoseBowl in CA.

It seems more difficult this year for me to really try to predict, for some reason. So I won't sweat it.

I think it might be really tough for me because my heart often screams "Pick the Colts to do more!!!!" and then my head says "No No No."

So yeah........

I do enjoy bolder picks though, right or wrong in the end.

Too soon but my gut tells me Pats and it will be Brady's last SB.

Oh, great. You mean we could see the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl and lose again?!? If they do so the current team will have lost as many as they have won.

My Tecmo Super Bowl hack says: San Francisco 28 - Buffalo 16, and we even get a special halftime show featuring Mighty Bomb Jack (sure beats Madonna).

Bronco's :):P

I love your optimism AustinCollie17. I really do. It won't happen though. Too many variables...Manning's arm strength will need a year to fully recover, his neck is fine, real team chemistry takes about 1 season to fully gel & solidify, & the Broncos are still installing a new hybrid offense that #18 will feel comfortable with. Yoda AKA Peyton Manning will win Superbowl 48 the following year in my estimation.

Injuries to starters significant & beginning to add up , worst ones on OL( great guard Kris kuper ) & DL,

( Jason Hunter who showed great intensity this training camp and became starter immediately after 1st day of it )

many LB's and starting LB DJ williams already suspended 6 games convicted yesterday for DWI and Goodell may punish further now a spokesperson said

Change of pace speedy back Hillman hasnt even seen field , drafted as weapon for Peyton he keeps re injuring same hamstring

Broncos looking for next men up front on offensive and defensive lines

:Broncos looking for next men up front on offensive and defensive lines - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21323456/broncos-looking-next-men-up-front-offensive-and#ixzz23hlldDzc

wtf.gif OMG! Andrew Luck! JUST GOT ABSOLUTLY CRUSHED BY CHANDLER JONES FOR A THIRD TIME!! Thats the 6th sack of the day for NE and we are just in the 2nd quarter. The Colts better start protecting better or Luck may just run out of LUCK!

Fixed it JUST for you LuckyCharm. All the other colt fans please ignore as I am just playin with the troll hehe

I'm so glad you asked. Look at their roster.....they are unequivocally loaded. I do realize that the game is not played on paper, but on paper they are the best team. I know most people will disagree with me, but their Oline is the best in the game. They had one weak player on their line last year; RT Barry Richardson. The guy was a bum. How did they remedy the situation? They signed the best RT in the game; Eric Winston....who for what I assume were cap reasons, was released from Houston.

Next you look at the guys Cassel will be throwing and handing the rock to. Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis, and Dexter McCluster, make for a borderline ridiculous earth, wind, and fire combo....not sure anyone can disagree with that assessment. Their WRs should improve collectively as well with some continuity at QB. Bowe needs to get his a** back to camp and I would have zero worries. Boo freakin' hoo, you're only gonna make roughly $12 million.....get back to your teammates and grind it out with those guys. After him Jon Baldwin should make the jump you'd expect a 1st rounder to make. Steve Breaston adds a nice complement to those guys. Tony Moeaki and Kevin Boss make a respectable TE tandem that can both catch and block. Then add in the screens to McCluster/Charles.....I don't know if you can tell, but I'm a little jealous of that KC offense. Big, physical receivers on the outside. A bunch of fast, little guys to stretch the field. Nasty Oline. Excellent 1,2,3 punch at RB. They will play some quality, complimentary football.

Then you come to the defensive side. I know that a lot of people would consider Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson to be busts. That is true in the general scheme of things. They do not generate an ounce of pass rush up the middle. What they do very well though, is shut down the run and occupy blockers. I will say I don't know a thing about their projected starter at NT, Anthony Toribio, other than he has 5 career tackles. That spot might be a concern, but I don't worry about it too much. Romeo Crennel knows a thing or two about Dlinemen, and if Toribio is good enough for him, he's good enough for me. I'm not going to talk about Dontari Poe, I felt he was overrated coming out, and his effect will be minimally felt this year.....that's not to say he won't develop in a couple years though.

Move on to the LBs. Everybody knows about Tamba Hali. Guy's a beast. Justin Houston, their other edge rusher, was a rookie last year, came away with 5 sacks. I expect him to make a jump this year as well. He came on a lot stronger in the latter half of the year, and I see no reason to say he fails to improve on that. Their interior LBs are pretty solid as well. Derrick Johnson was an All-Pro last year. Jovan Belcher isn't going to make anybody's All-Pro list, but he's been a solid guy for the Chiefs the last couple years. All in all, they are right on par with San Fran's group of nasty Linebackers.

Last but not least, we get to my favorite part of this Kansas City team; the secondary. Brandon Flowers is a top-notch #1 CB. He shuts guys down almost at the same level of Revis. Opposite him will be another respectable guy, Stanford Routt. He was always a #2 CB in Oakland, playing behind Asomugha. He will get to play his old position again with a more respectable defense in KC. Javier Arenas makes for an excellent Nickel corner. Their Safety tandem is, in my opinion, best in the league. Eric Berry is going places in this league. Hopefully his ACL stays in tact, because I feel he could be on a Troy Polamalu level.....sans the concussions. Add in Kendrick Lewis benefitting from a healthy Berry and that just about rounds out a top 3 defense in the league.

I love my guy Big P over there in Denver, but I don't think even he can beat out KC for a division title this year.....especially with what I feel is a sub-par Denver team. Also Romeo Crennel is notorious for giving P fits.

Thanks Peytonator, I love the Chiefs sorta the Patriots Midwest lol, that said their one weakness is QB imagine if Peyton had landed there wow...

The best 6 qbs in the league right now have won SBs. All the rest havent. Cassel is far from being in that elite group, and therefore the Chiefs arent winning anything. Their team is highly talented but Cassel will be their downfall. Afc is a lock every year, it'll be Ben, Brady, or Peyton representing the Afc. Nfc has a lot of teams that could make it all depending on match-ups. I think this is the Eagles year and they'll lose in the SB to the Broncos :)