Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB situation around the league we're heading in.

ColtJax

1 hour ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Will Jimmy G be a FA or would we have to hope he is cut or do we have to trade for him? I'd give up Hines and Kenny Moore for Jimmy G straight up.

49ers are looking trade him for very little or may just cut him. That is cool with me. Dude just wins. I am about winning, not who can throw the ball 80 yards or run a 4.3 40 at QB. I want a QB that wins, winners want the ball.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put more blame a Reich than I do on Wentz.  

Odd that a couple weeks ago most on here were talking about a deep playoff run.   Now they want to blow up the team.  I'll take Wentz with a full offseason and training camp and be excited going into next season.

But only if Reich gives up the play calling duties.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jimmy G is so much better than Trubisky, look at the games he helped the 49ers win. He reminds me of a Flacco = not great or very good but good enough to make 1 key run to win a SB. I say that because I have seen what he can do with a good D and good Run offense. We have JT, dude could just throw 20 passes here and win 11 games.

Except Reich calls 26 passes in a row.   Also calls 54 pass plays and 16 run for Taylor when his team is winning.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I put more blame a Reich than I do on Wentz.  

Odd that a couple weeks ago most on here were talking about a deep playoff run.   Now they want to blow up the team.  I'll take Wentz with a full offseason and training camp and be excited going into next season.

But only if Reich gives up the play calling duties.

Reich had nothing to do with our QB having a QBR of 4.4 against the Jags and our D making Lawrence look like Marino. That last loss was not Reich's fault at all. Hell you are I could have had a better QBR than 4.4. Eburflus needs to be gone, I said that last year.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jimmy G is so much better than Trubisky, look at the games he helped the 49ers win. He reminds me of a Flacco = not great or very good but good enough to make 1 key run to win a SB. I say that because I have seen what he can do with a good D and good Run offense. We have JT, dude could just throw 20 passes here and win 11 games.

My worry isn't about Jimmy G Vs Trubisky, it's about the cost of Jimmy G, combined with the already sunk cost of Wentz. If we get Jimmy G for free, then I definitely want him over Trubisky. If we have to pay draft capital for him, then I'd rather sign Trubisky for free, or draft a QB in the 2nd or trade up a bit to get a guy who we really want that may fall a bit like a Desmond Ridder (Josh Allen vibes), or a Carson Strong.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Except Reich calls 26 passes in a row.   Also calls 54 pass plays and 16 run for Taylor when his team is winning.

1 game, he was going for the kill. He gambled and lost so what. What has BB done without Tom? Isn't he the GOAT? When you have a team and trust your QB you go for the kill. He trusted Wentz.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My worry isn't about Jimmy G Vs Trubisky, it's about the cost of Jimmy G, combined with the already sunk cost of Wentz. If we get Jimmy G for free, then I definitely want him over Trubisky. If we have to pay draft capital for him, then I'd rather sign Trubisky for free, or draft a QB in the 2nd or trade up a bit to get a guy who we really want that may fall a bit like a Desmond Ridder (Josh Allen vibes), or a Carson Strong.

Yeah we have to see how it pans out money wise and what happens. Hard to predict.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will say this if the 49ers win tomorrow, Jimmy G's stock will rise so go GB just in case he comes available lmao . I am not so sure SF can't win that game and that was Jimmy G gives his fans, hope. Like Harbaugh gave us in 95.

Some bad team with no weapons will be dumb enough trade and to sign him. 

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Only way I am taking Trubisky is as a backup to Wentz for competition and add the fact he is still young enough to look at for the possible future. No way would I cut Wentz and make him the starter.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Only way I am taking Trubisky is as a backup to Wentz for competition and add the fact he is still young enough to look at for the possible future. No way would I cut Wentz and make him the starter.

Of course we wouldn't cut Wentz. It'd be a competition between him and Trubisky to see who is the starter. Winner starts, loser is the backup. Hopefully they motivate each other in this scenario and one of them becomes the future starter without us losing more draft capital on trying to get a QB.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That 26 passes got us 24 pts and almost gave us 31 if not for Fisher blowing his block. Had we gone up 17 we would of seen a lot of Taylor after that.

Yep, the Ravens game was a huge turning point because Wentz played excellent. 400 yards 2 TD's and drove us down for the game winner. Our FG blew it, I seen a lot in Wentz there but then the last 2 games he folded. Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1 game, he was going for the kill. He gambled and lost so what. What has BB done without Tom? Isn't he the GOAT? When you have a team and trust your QB you go for the kill. He trusted Wentz.

Up 14 against the Titans and have the ball at midfield with a 3rd and 3.   Taylor has been running well and Reich passes on 3rd and 4th down and gives the Titans the ball and the momentum.   Then he passes on almost every down the rest of the game.   Reich cannot handle the offensive play calling.   He got fired for it in San Diego.   He was successful in Philly when he didn't call the plays.  We all know many other games where the play calling of Reich was poor.  

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Of course we wouldn't cut Wentz. It'd be a competition between him and Trubisky to see who is the starter. Winner starts, loser is the backup. Hopefully they motivate each other in this scenario and one of them becomes the future starter without us losing more draft capital on trying to get a QB.

I don’t think it would be a competition. Wentz would get the job but be on a short leash. Mitch would just be here as insurance and to push Wentz.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Up 14 against the Titans and have the ball at midfield with a 3rd and 3.   Taylor has been running well and Reich passes on 3rd and 4th down and gives the Titans the ball and the momentum.   Then he passes on almost every down the rest of the game.   Reich cannot handle the offensive play calling.   He got fired for it in San Diego.   He was successful in Philly when he didn't call the plays.  We all know many other games where the play calling of Reich was poor.  

Are you forgetting about what actually turned that game. It was the Lewis INT and fumble when he bled out his knee.  The problem is yes we are up 14 but it’s very early. You can’t start being conservative that early.

Jimmy G is a good game manager and you can win a SB with a good game manager.  We would need to provide him with the same upgrade in offensive weapons that we will be doing for Wentz though.  We pick up 13m in cap if Wentz is released early March so Jimmy’s cap hit is doable.  I don’t see him being expensive in a trade because everybody knows they are moving on.  An AFC team would be preferred so that would be good for us and Ballard already has worked a big trade with Lynch.    The kicker is if he wins again this weekend or at least looks very good.  That could change everything.  He’s in the evaluation mix for sure but I still think Wentz is going to be given some weapons and will be given another year.

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Nah, why not look at how he called the Bills and Pats games? Anyone can say he laid an egg in 1 game. That game against Jacks is on the D and Wentz. 

15 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Are you forgetting about what actually turned that game. It was the Lewis INT and fumble when he bled out his knee.  The problem is yes we are up 14 but it’s very early. You can’t start being conservative that early.

When you are up 14 and have the ball at midfield your should never go for it on 4th and 3.   It was a bonehead move by Reich that cost us the game.   If he was going to go for it on 4th, that means he had 3rd and 4th downs to get 3 yards and Taylor had been running well.   Reich sucks at play calling.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Jimmy G is a good game manager and you can win a SB with a good game manager.  We would need to provide him with the same upgrade in offensive weapons that we will be doing for Wentz though.  We pick up 13m in cap if Wentz is released early March so Jimmy’s cap hit is doable.  I don’t see him being expensive in a trade because everybody knows they are moving on.  An AFC team would be preferred so that would be good for us and Ballard already has worked a big trade with Lynch.    The kicker is if he wins again this weekend or at least looks very good.  That could change everything.  He’s in the evaluation mix for sure but I still think Wentz is going to be given some weapons and will be given another year.

I saw a stat this morning and I was shocked at how little kittle has been used and they are winning. This is a SF guy.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Jimmy G is a good game manager and you can win a SB with a good game manager. 

Just not sure I agree with this statement.  I guess it depends on your definition of a game manager but I don't see one of those in over 10 years.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah, why not look at how he called the Bills and Pats games? Anyone can say he laid an egg in 1 game. That game against Jacks is on the D and Wentz. 

Even the D and Wentz are some of Reichs fault.   He is the head coach and is supposed to have the team ready.  He's just to involved in the play calling to pay attention to anything else.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would suggest everyone go back to the Ravens game. That was probably the best called game Reich had all year. Such a great mixture of calls.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

When you are up 14 and have the ball at midfield your should never go for it on 4th and 3.   It was a bonehead move by Reich that cost us the game.   If he was going to go for it on 4th, that means he had 3rd and 4th downs to get 3 yards and Taylor had been running well.   Reich sucks at play calling.

But Wentz throwing 2 INT's at the end was Reich's fault? Not buying your concept. You have to have faith in your QB to win games if you are going anywhere, even if your RB is Emmitt Smith. 

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reich had nothing to do with our QB having a QBR of 4.4 against the Jags and our D making Lawrence look like Marino. That last loss was not Reich's fault at all. Hell you are I could have had a better QBR than 4.4. Eburflus needs to be gone, I said that last year.

Reich has had his issues but much of the jags game was on Wentz. The Kurt Warner breakdown really opened my eyes. That should be required viewing for all Colts fans, all 40 minutes of it.

With 3:08 left in the 3rd, down 23-3, I would have brought Sam in. What did you have to lose at that point ? It wasn't like Wentz was going to lead some miraculous come back

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But Wentz throwing 2 INT's at the end was Reich's fault? Not buying your concept. You have to have faith in your QB to win games if you are going anywhere, even if your RB is Emmitt Smith. 

Why was Wentz throwing the ball?   That is on Reich because he is calling the plays.   He just sucks at it like he did with the Chargers.  

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If everyone remembers Reich got  too conservative at end of ravens game with a hurt kicker. He said that game I have to trust my QB and players to finish that game and he regretted not passing it on I think 3rd and 8.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Why was Wentz throwing the ball?   That is on Reich because he is calling the plays.   He just sucks at it like he did with the Chargers.  

If your not going to trust your QB then why trade for one.

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's hard to say without going back and looking at the tape.

It could have been an RPO and Wentz decided to keep it

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm positive that's not the case

I'm positive it is.   When at the end of the Titans game, he said he didn't realize the run/pass ration was that big, it was a red flag that he cannot call the plays and keep track of the game at the same time.    

Archived