Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Harbaugh’s potential return to NFL

BProland85

Yeah, he might be hard to get along with and wears out his welcome so we hear.

But the same is true for Nick Saban, or as he's called in Miami Nick Satan. The horror stories I've heard about him oh my gosh! .... Must have his Twinkies waiting before he walks in his office.... employees not allowed to look him in the eye.... employees not allowed to speak to him unless he ask them a question first....etc... etc.... Very HATEFUL and Arrogant and I'm sure it was that way at LSU and is at Alabama. 

But bottom line he wins, and so does Belichek who I also doubt is a peach to be around....others too I'm sure.

Bottom line, if your a team that really, really wants to win above everything else, coaching vacancy or not, you do your best to try and hire him.

But he's not coming to Indy.... Not going to happen lol.

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah, he might be hard to get along with and wears out his welcome so we hear.

But the same is true for Nick Saban, or as he's called in Miami Nick Satan. The horror stories I've heard about him oh my gosh! .... Must have his Twinkies waiting before he walks in his office.... employees not allowed to look him in the eye.... employees not allowed to speak to him unless he ask them a question first....etc... etc.... Very HATEFUL and Arrogant and I'm sure it was that way at LSU and is at Alabama. 

But bottom line he wins, and so does Belichek who I also doubt is a peach to be around....others too I'm sure.

Bottom line, if your a team that really, really wants to win above everything else, coaching vacancy or not, you do your best to try and hire him.

But he's not coming to Indy.... Not going to happen lol.

Not sure you’re even the slightest bit aware but here’s a rough translation of what you just wrote….

Jim Irsay is not really serious about winning.   Chris Ballard is not really interested in winning.    If they were, they’d fire Frank Reich  and hire Jim Harbaugh. 

Hey, you’re entitled to your opinion, but I don’t think this is well thought out or credible.   Sorry. 

Doubt JH would consider leaving. He took a pay cut lol. I think his contract gives him a raise back to previous level, or above, with a B10CC and/or CFP spot..... which he attained both. He basically put him money where his mouth was.

So he'll be getting more money. And Michigan folks love him. Now more than ever since beating OSU. 

I use the word hate in terms of football fandom, but hated him as a UM player. Loved him as Colts player. Hated him as a SU coach. He's a unique dude with throw-back qualities. I like that. He doesn't cajole.  His non-cajoling personality probably didn't go over well with Left-Coast teams..... He seems to do a mean BBQ too. Probably his best fit is at UM and in the MW, but I believe he could be successful again at the NFL level if that's what he wants. 

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure you’re even the slightest bit aware but here’s a rough translation of what you just wrote….

Jim Irsay is not really serious about winning.   Chris Ballard is not really interested in winning.    If they were, they’d fire Frank Reich  and hire Jim Harbaugh. 

Hey, you’re entitled to your opinion, but I don’t think this is well thought out or credible.   Sorry. 

"Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts Coaches | Pro-Football-Reference.com" https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/coaches.htm

Instead of going way, way back let's look more at the last 40 years or so, starting around 1980. 

Not exactly a list that makes your eyes pop. I pasted this list in response to your quoted post. It's actually you that didn't seem to get my post and wasn't well thought out. Probably in your haste to try and negatively respond to me.Lol

My post was more that harbaugh is not the only coach that is not desirable to deal with on a every day basis. I mentioned Saban & Belichek, but you ignored that part of my post. But they win and win big and win consistently and that's what counts to some organizations, not their personalities. 

Also again Indy is not usually a destination for High Profile coaches if you look at the list above.

Carry on.

:thmup:

Loved Jim as a player, one year down here in Orlando the had the NFL QB Challenge which Jim was in. Me and my fiancee at the time was dressed in our Colts gear and excited to meet him as they had a meet and great for an hour set up before the event. The QB's were all sectioned off in stanchions but one long line until the front which then split so you could proceed. Well they ran into an issue as Dan Marino no showed and his fans were at the very front of the line. So instead of using common sense the workers were on walkie talkies trying to get verification what to do as all the non Marino fans were stuck unable to bypass and get where they needed to go. The line stayed stagnant the entire hour....everyone was outraged some left almost cause a riot. No a single person got to meet a single QB......zero .....Marino shows up for the even hungover and gets into with the staff...he loudly said "How was I supposed to know I was screwing over other fans and not just my own ?"...the place went silent.........the local paper "The Florida Today" covered the event and what Dan had done.

When we arrived home my fiancee took pics of us still in Colts gear and wrote Colts Headquarters and addressed a letter to Jim (Internet was not a thing). I assumed the letter wouldnt even find itself to Jim honestly.......4 weeks later we received a signed 8 X 10 of Jim and a letter thanking us for the support and even talked about his son Jay to us.  Been a fan for life after that honestly.....thats going above and beyond.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Kinda think maybe a harbaugh would have been the difference making the playoffs?

I like Reich but if we get Harbaugh, i would so goodbye to Reich. Harbaugh is tough minded too. He was a great coach with the 49ers and just got Michigan to the final 4 where they spanked Ohio St. He went to the SB with Kaeprenick at QB lmao and almost won it.

On 1/4/2022 at 9:48 PM, NewColtsFan said:

People tend to THINK they want Harbaugh.   Then they get him.   He wears out his welcome fast everywhere he’s been.  He’d destroy the locker room culture that Ballard has built.   He doesn’t know how to treat adults.  Assistant coaches don’t like working for him.   He doesn’t know how to work well with team authorities. 

Pretty quickly, people realize they actually DON’T WANT Jim Harbaugh.   At all. 

A d what culture is that.....to choke??

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Reich but if we get Harbaugh, i would so goodbye to Reich. Harbaugh is tough minded too. He was a great coach with the 49ers and just got Michigan to the final 4 where they spanked Ohio St. He went to the SB with Kaeprenick at QB lmao and almost won it.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Harbaugh though haha so I am biased and people in Indy love him. He was Captain comeback too in 1995.

Most of us here like harbaugh and that '95 run was fun...we also know he's a plus coach of not borderline elite.

But I seriously doubt he's coming here. If he comes back to the NFL he's coming back to hopefully win a Superbowl and Indy is not a destination for that. Today was sadly more evidence of how unlikely that will happen.

On 1/6/2022 at 12:07 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Harbaugh hasn't worn out has welcome at Michigan, they love him there. He just came off a great season with Michigan and made the Final 4 + beat Ohio St. At SF he turned Alex Smith's career around and almost won the SB Kaeprineck lol. I like Reich though but I am just saying if we did get another coach I would take Harbaugh in a NY second. He was a solid QB here and was a hair away from taking us to the SB as a QB. He is truly loved here in Indy. You don't know how much of a God Harbaugh is here because you don't live in Indy. 

You won't agree with me but if one guy could talk Andrew out of retirement it would be him because he coached him at Stanford. 

21 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

A d what culture is that.....to choke??

You worked hard for that.   I was only talking about Harbaugh and you managed to steer it back to Indy.   

I don’t think you like this franchise.  This city.   This owner.   This GM.   This HC.    Why do you stay and waste your time here?

Asking for several hundred friends….     :facepalm:

31 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Most of us here like harbaugh and that '95 run was fun...we also know he's a plus coach of not borderline elite.

But I seriously doubt he's coming here. If he comes back to the NFL he's coming back to hopefully win a Superbowl and Indy is not a destination for that. Today was sadly more evidence of how unlikely that will happen.

Indy has all the talent to win a Super Bowl. They simply don’t have the HC and right minded QB just yet. 

15 minutes ago, jeepnkal said:

Could you imagine Vrabel and Harbaugh meeting twice a year? haha. People would watch just to see them almost get into a fight either before or after the game. Mean streaks in both of those guys; i like it. 

Vrabel would flatten him lol.

Archived