Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 more on the covid list/ Wentz and others will play if their symptoms are improving

bleed blue4life

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Let’s not start the “Selfish” stuff. If anything you are selfish because your mad a team might lose a game over a very important personal health CHOICE.

So you would be fine if Leonard and Nelson said they are taking a couple games off because their families need to get away in Maui.   For health reason they cite that there is less chance of them getting injured if they don't play in the games?   You are good with that "personal health choice?

16 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Blame the NFL for putting such implications on players who are vaxed/unvaxed. BOTH vaxed and unvaxed contract and spread the virus!!

I also do not like how the NFl is treating unvaxxed players differently.   But they are and stated the rules before the season started.   Colts players CHOSE not to get vaccinated and to put the team at risk of losing games.  They chose to screw their team, fans and the owner who pays them millions.

27 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

George Bremer says he is out even if nfl changed protocols but I don’t know if that’s true. He said today wouldn’t count which doesn’t make sense.

Nah, I think he’s right. Saw a tweet that said, if they change the rules, it’d allow people who had tested as late as Monday.

Saturday would be the fifth day but he needs five full days.

Edit: nvm

4 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Let’s not start the “Selfish” stuff. If anything you are selfish because your mad a team might lose a game over a very important personal health CHOICE.

Blame the NFL for putting such implications on players who are vaxed/unvaxed. BOTH vaxed and unvaxed contract and spread the virus!!

Lose a game?

We could potentially lose our spot in the playoffs!    

Yes, both vaxxed and I vaxxed spread the virus.    But with the protocols, you get to return SOONER if you’re vaxxed.   Don’t try to dump on the NFL for doing the right thing!   That’s total nonsense!    That’s what the “choice” crowd likes to do.   Deflect blame! 

Just now, colts89 said:

I think we can make do with Sam for a game. It's probably going to be a lot of handoffs and QB draws but I think Sam can play a game manager role pretty well.

Yep, like I said before. Sam can give us 1 game but not more than that. Like Dr. Strange said...

Dr-Strange-One.jpg.542e3238908f8328401ddba2ff66bc6f.jpg

Just now, colts89 said:

I think we can make do with Sam for a game. It's probably going to be a lot of handoffs and QB draws but I think Sam can play a game manager role pretty well.

Ir depends on who we get back for Sunday. If nfl changes rules he can win with everyone coming back but Wentz. Some are saying today wouldn’t count for for Wentz five days. So I’d everyone can come back but Wenrz we can win.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lose a game?

Yes, both vaxxed and I vaxxed spread the virus.    But with the protocols, you get to return SOONER if you’re vaxxed.   Don’t try to dump on the NFL for doing the right thing!   That’s total nonsense!    That’s what the “choice” crowd likes to do.   Deflect blame! 

Okay again, football is a game in the end. I can also see it as a business. But it’s on the NFL because they put those implications in place. Not sure how that is the “right thing” when again, both spread and contract the virus.

Well it’s weird, The non “choice” crowd loves to feel that they can force people to do things because their opinion means more than others..

Im vaccinated because it was my choice to be. I don’t think I’m a better person than anyone else because of it.

20 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Now we just wait for the nfl. Wouldnt it be funny if they can all play Sunday and then don’t have to be tested anymore.

Who said they wouldn't need to be tested anymore? I don't think this is the rule. Once they have 2 conscutive days negative tests they can return to play/practice. This doesn't mean they won't be tested going forward. Just like every single other player no matter if vaccinated or having gone through it. They just turn into an active player who is subject to the same testing and regulations as every other player. 

edit: ignore the above, seems like there is indeed a rule where players get 90 days of no tests after going through COVID. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Who said they wouldn't need to be tested anymore? I don't think this is the rule. Once they have 2 conscutive days negative tests they can return to play/practice. This doesn't mean they won't be tested going forward. Just like every single other player no matter if vaccinated or having gone through it. They just turn into an active player who is subject to the same testing and regulations as every other player. 

Once a player tests positive they get a covid holiday. No testing for 90 days. Of course the vaccinated can get a test that is negative and come back within 24 hrs.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Correct me if I’m wrong there’s a 90 day no mandatory test period after coming back from Covid. I seen it mentioned here a few times.

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lose a game?

Yep.  The players knew the rules but still let their teams down.   Let the fans down.  Let the owner down.   

4 minutes ago, WentzinRome said:

The NFL will be forced to reduce the time from 10 to 5, they aren't in business to lose money.  It really is a shame that this has raised its ugly head again.

I hope so, but I'm not confident that they will change their rules.

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lose a game?

Putting aside the more important consequences away from the game of football(which we shouldn't, but this is a football forum so lets do it for now): 

1. You get to return early... and don't have to wait a mandatory 10 days.

2. You are less likely to get it.

3. You are less likely to spread it to your teammates and coaches. 

4. You recover and test negative faster. 

5. Less health complications if you get it. 

I don't know why we continue to entartain those takes for more than a year now. This is freaking ridiculous. 

And also, yes - I absolutely agree with you about deflecting blame on the NFL and the rules. In my country we have a saying "For a crooked rocket, the cosmos is crooked". Stop deflecting blame. They knew the consequences, they knew the options and solutions at their disposal. They made their choice. This is NOT a problem with NFL's rules. 

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Once a player tests positive they get a covid holiday. No testing for 90 days. Of course the vaccinated can get a test that is negative and come back within 24 hrs.

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong there’s a 90 day no mandatory test period after coming back from Covid. I seen it mentioned here a few times.

Is this a rule? If it is, apologies, I have missed it... ignore my previous post. 

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Why am I not worried?

Because worrying does no one any good. This is why you have a level headed HC like Frank Reich, who will make them go through everything like it is every other week. In Frank and the coaches I trust.

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lose a game?

Can we not turn every single thread into a Covid vax debate? It’s kind of annoying having good threads locked because people on both sides of the debate just can’t seem to stop rehashing the same debate that’s been on going for a year

I think the NFL is keeping with their original rules at this time:

Vaccinated players will be tested once a week. Unvaccinated players will be tested every day. If an unvaccinated player misses a day of testing, he cannot enter the team facility again until he has five consecutive days of negative tests.

Vaccinated free agents or players acquired from other clubs must have one negative test before entering a team's facility. Such players who are unvaccinated have a five-day testing period before they can enter a team facility.

Unvaccinated players and staff must wear masks inside the team facility and outdoors if they are within close proximity to one another, except during practice sessions. During games, unvaccinated inactive players must wear masks on the sideline.

Physical distancing rules are in effect for unvaccinated players in various areas, including locker rooms, training rooms and meeting rooms.

If an unvaccinated player is deemed a high-risk close contact of a positive case, he must quarantine away from the team for five days. A vaccinated player who is a close contact isn't required to isolate.

Any unvaccinated player who tests positive for COVID-19 is subject to at least a 10-day quarantine. A vaccinated player who tests positive can return after two negative PCR tests taken at least 24 hours apart and if he is asymptomatic for 48 hours.

Vaccinated players are permitted to gather with other fully vaccinated players or team personnel outside of the team facility. Unvaccinated players are prohibited from gathering in groups of more than three players outside of the club facility or team travel.

Unvaccinated players can't take private transportation like taxis and car services while on the road, nor can they leave the team hotel to eat at restaurants open to the public. They also "are prohibited from congregating, visiting or mingling with individuals outside of the traveling party once they have arrived in the game city."

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yep.  The players knew the rules but still let their teams down.   Let the fans down.  Let the owner down.   

Why would they force players to do something the cdc is not reccommending. That would be wrong. They have also always followed cdc rules. Now it’s possible they say they don’t go into effect until Monday or something like that but I expect them to be changed shortly.

Just now, chad72 said:

Because worrying does no one any good. This is why you have a level headed HC like Frank Reich, who will make them go through everything like it is every other week. In Frank and the coaches I trust.

Reich showed me everything I wanted answers to last Saturday. In Ballard we trust and now in Reich has that benefit from me as well

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Is this a rule? If it is, apologies, I have missed it... ignore my previous post. 

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

It was a big deal when Aaron Rodgers had to sit out. Media was all reporting now how he doesn’t have to get tested for 90 days. If we make the playoffs Non of these guys will have to go through testing.

Archived