Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Malik Jefferson to the 53 man roster

MPStack

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

coutee would give better production in the slot than zack pascal .   zack completely fell off the map cant get separation anymore .

But he can block, and I think our WRs blocking will keep us keeping with it even if it's getting stuffed for the most part.

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Don’t you think he would already be on the roster if they thought he was better than anyone we currently have on the roster?

Ding ding we have a winner.  If you look at Coutee’s career outside of a couple really good games vs the Colts he hasn’t been very good.

12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

coutee would give better production in the slot than zack pascal .   zack completely fell off the map cant get separation anymore .

Pascal’s value has always been doing the other things you ask a WR to do than catching passes.  He’s a very good blocker which given how much the Colts depend on WRs to do that in their offense isn’t something you just give up.  I would seriously doubt Coutee is going to give you much more than Pascal does in the passing game because Coutee isn’t that good and I think you would lose a lot in the blocking game if you replaced Pascal with Coutee and it’s something I don’t think most people would appreciate until it was gone and then they would complain about other players who benefit from the blocking not being as good as they were before.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Pascal’s value has always been doing the other things you ask a WR to do than catching passes.  He’s a very good blocker which given how much the Colts depend on WRs to do that in their offense isn’t something you just give up.  I would seriously doubt Coutee is going to give you much more than Pascal does in the passing game because Coutee isn’t that good and I think you would lose a lot in the blocking game if you replaced Pascal with Coutee and it’s something I don’t think most people would appreciate until it was gone and then they would complain about other players who benefit from the blocking not being as good as they were before.

Maybe could just give them a little extra fire power. If he can be elevated now as many times as we want then there would be no downside to it.

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Don’t you think he would already be on the roster if they thought he was better than anyone we currently have on the roster?

Just to add a little extra fire power in the passing game. There would be no downside if they can elevate as many times as they want.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Maybe could just give them a little extra fire power. If he can be elevated now as many times as we want then there would be no downside to it.

Other than you have to not dress someone else on the active roster.  That’s probably going to impact special teams and that might not be a guy the colts want to give up.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Other than you have to not dress someone else on the active roster.  That’s probably going to impact special teams and that might not be a guy the colts want to give up.

I don’t think that is correct. They can dress A few extra on game day.  The practice squad elevations are handled differently.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t think that is correct. They can dress A few extra on game day.  The practice squad elevations are handled differently.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/5/5/21246410/understanding-the-nfls-new-roster-rules-beginning-in-2020

you can dress 47 (48 if you dress 8 olinemen) regardless of practice squad call ups.

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I agree Pascal does a lot of the little things well, but he's been an anchor on the passing offense this year. And itini doesn't have to one or the other. It could be both Pascal and Coutee. But Reich for a long time has prioritized possession type passing and simply conservative personnel use in the offense for the past couple years. 

But saying Coutee isn't that good I think is a bit misleading. He's still a young receiver. Last year was only his 3rd year, and he was showing definite development. His only real issue is health. Pascal on the other hand, regression. Here's their stats to compare.

Catch %  /  Passer Rating when targeted    / Drops-Drop%   /   Targets-Yards

Pascal 2021 -      55.6%                     82.7                                     4-6.3%                 63-346

Coutee 2020 -    82.5%                    133.3                                    0-0%                    40-400

Archived