Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 12 Practice/Injury Report (Bucs)

EastStreet

Might not be around tomorrow afternoon, so I'll get this out now while I'm working off my caffeine buzz.

Keep in mind Bucs are working on a short week. The below is current from ESPN. 

• Bucs
    • WR Antonio Brown Q - ankle or drama, take your pick. Sure would be nice if he's out again though. Josina Anderson said last week he still has a long way to go.... 
    • LG Ali Marpet - left the game yesterday night with an oblique I believe. His backup was also gimpy, but I think is OK now. He's a good LG, so him not playing would be big for us. Arians said it will be late week before he can make a call, so assume it was pretty bad. 
    • DT Vita Vea - Knee, but Arians said he should be good to go. He's arguably their best of the front 3. 
  • Colts
    • LG Quenton Nelson - aggravated right ankle. Day to day. Likely a late week call. Would love to give him some time off, but I know he'll want to play if he can. Really struggled last week at times before going out. No sacks (still a clean sheet), but allowed like 4 pressures IIRC.

• EastStreet changed the title to 2021 Week 12 Practice/Injury Report (Bucs)

Update on Bucks from their site

We know Brown is now out, and knew Vea was likely to return.

No info on Godwin and Evans.

Devin White's info is new. He's graded poorly, so not sure if it would be a huge loss. They did suggest he played well last week though. so take the PFF grade, or Arian's comments, with a grain of salt.

The team held a walk-through so the below designations are just estimations based on what level a player would have practiced if it were full speed. That being said, four players were non-participants on Wednesday. Wide receiver Mike Evans, inside linebacker Devin White, left guard Ali Marpet and wide receiver Antonio Brown made up that group.

The former three in that list are brand new additions to the injury report, having not appeared on it last week. Head Coach Bruce Arians said White injured his quad on one of the last plays of the game on Monday. Prior to that, White was everywhere – going sideline to sideline while still finding ways to pressure Giants quarterback Daniel Jones and force him into mistakes. It was White's pressure that led to defensive tackle Steve McLendon nabbing the first interception of his career at age 35, in fact.

The good news for Tampa Bay is that defensive tackle Vita Vea, who Arians said was close to returning Monday night, practiced in a limited capacity. Arians expects Vea to be ready to go against a very strong Colts rushing attack.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/buccaneers-colts-injury-report-nov-24-white-evans-brown-marpet-non-participants

On 11/24/2021 at 1:01 AM, EastStreet said:

Might not be around tomorrow afternoon, so I'll get this out now while I'm working off my caffeine buzz.

Keep in mind Bucs are working on a short week. The below is current from ESPN. 

• Bucs
    • WR Antonio Brown Q - ankle or drama, take your pick. Sure would be nice if he's out again though. Josina Anderson said last week he still has a long way to go.... 
    • LG Ali Marpet - left the game yesterday night with an oblique I believe. His backup was also gimpy, but I think is OK now. He's a good LG, so him not playing would be big for us. Arians said it will be late week before he can make a call, so assume it was pretty bad. 
    • DT Vita Vea - Knee, but Arians said he should be good to go. He's arguably their best of the front 3. 
  • Colts
    • LG Quenton Nelson - aggravated right ankle. Day to day. Likely a late week call. Would love to give him some time off, but I know he'll want to play if he can. Really struggled last week at times before going out. No sacks (still a clean sheet), but allowed like 4 pressures IIRC.

Didn't Nelson have 2 holding calls against him last week?  Yeah, the ankle is not helping much.  Was glad Reed was able to step up again to give him the rest of the game off.

4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I’m hoping Vita strains a stomach muscle today eating  too much turkey.

Ain’t too proud to beg. 

The guy on the locked on Bucs podcast said he may have limited snaps and aren’t sure how effective he will be. I always like listening to the opposing teams podcast before we play them.

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The guy on the locked on Bucs podcast said he may have limited snaps and aren’t sure how effective he will be. I always like listening to the opposing teams podcast before we play them.

How do u usually find the podcasts?  Just do a general search?

i’m in Pennsylvania, so i enjoy the indy radio streams and podcasts on the website.  DD gets on my nerves,   But still some good content.

9 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

How do u usually find the podcasts?  Just do a general search?

i’m in Pennsylvania, so i enjoy the indy radio streams and podcasts on the website.  DD gets on my nerves,   But still some good content.

I use Apple podcasts and yeah just search for the team we are playing. It’s fun to listen to them after we beat the team too. The Bills ones were great after the win.

3 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Didn't Nelson have 2 holding calls against him last week?  Yeah, the ankle is not helping much.  Was glad Reed was able to step up again to give him the rest of the game off.

I know he had at least 1, not sure about 2. Wouldn't be surprised. 

Not that big of a deal in the larger scheme of things though.

He had 9 penalties all last season, and has only 4 so far through 11 games. 

I know he's having a down year being injured and all, but still zero sacks given up. 

And I know he's been giving Fisher a lot of extra help this year too. 

I'd love to him a game or two off if possible. 

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I’m hoping Vita strains a stomach muscle today eating  too much turkey.

Ain’t too proud to beg. 

A mashed potato hernia?

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I know he had at least 1, not sure about 2. Wouldn't be surprised. 

Not that big of a deal in the larger scheme of things though.

He had 9 penalties all last season, and has only 4 so far through 11 games. 

I know he's having a down year being injured and all, but still zero sacks given up. 

And I know he's been giving Fisher a lot of extra help this year too. 

I'd love to him a game or two off if possible. 

A mashed potato hernia?

Yeah I'm thinking just going with Glow and Reed for this Sunday. Give Q 3 weeks off to get back to full health for the Patriots game. That Patriots game at home is a big one for our AFC permutations. Both Reed and Glow played great games last weekend.

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

Yeah I'm thinking just going with Glow and Reed for this Sunday. Give Q 3 weeks off to get back to full health for the Patriots game. That Patriots game at home is a big one for our AFC permutations. Both Reed and Glow played great games last weekend.

You know Q will want to start if the docs clear him. If he is cleared, I'd start Reed, and if Reed does fine, then I'd ride him. If he struggles, just insert Q. 

The Houston + NE games are much more important than TB to our playoff chances. Don't get me wrong, I want, very badly, to beat Brady.... but I'd rather have 2 AFC wins if I had to choose.

As far as last week went, I didn't think Reed played great, but well enough when in. Glow had a monster game.

Happy Turkey Day CO

On 11/25/2021 at 12:35 PM, EastStreet said:

Evans and Marpet still DNP... would be huge.

Godwin back to FP

JPP DNP with a shoulder... 

Evans practiced and doesn't have an Injury designation. Marpet didn't practice again. He could be out.

So just to summarize

• Marpet LG - Doubtful (Oblique/Ab)
    • Gonna guess he's active for emergency, but doesn't start.
    • His listed Backup (Leverett) hasn't played and NFL snap.... 
    • Marpet is one of the best LGs (PFF 80+) in the NFL, so his absence would be huge
    • Even if he plays, he's likely far from 100%. Could be a big day for Defo or Grover
  • Brown WR - Out (Ankle) - we knew this already. 
    • While expected, this helps big time. 
    • They still have....
      • Mike Evans (FP/Back) - one of the best Xs for a long time. He might not be 100% though
      • Chris Godwin (FP/Foot) - low 4.4s guy who can stretch the field
  • Vita Vea (DT) - Questionable (Knee) 
    • Arians said early this week they expected him to play, so likely not that bad
    • He's the heart of their front 3, so even if he's a bit slowed, it'll help
  • Devin White (LB) - Questionable (Quad)
    • Not a great player, but Arians was showering him with compliments last week.

For us 

• Nelson - we all kinda expected him to make it back and play given his attitude lol... I just hope if he does start, they're able play Reed plenty so he doesn't regress. 
  • Leonard - we all kinda knew he's be back too. He was jumping around and celebrating plenty on HKs after the Bills game.
  • Hilton - FP the last two days. This is a game he can really make a difference. Not saying he'll have a ton of yards, but him being just on the field will help every other offensive weapon.
  • Carrie - also FP the last two days. It's good to finally have our five best CBs all available. 

10 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

This should really work in the Colts favor.  Defo will be going up against his replacement Aaron Stinnie.  Hopefully this change allows us to get inside pressure on Brady.  And we know he doesn’t want that.

With Marpet now ruled out, our interior DL better get some pressure on Brady.

Could be huge. 

Now even more I want to see some stunts on that side to confuse the backup. Give me a Defo or Paye twist. 

And move Defo out to end a few times while at the same time doing a safety blitz.

Archived