Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

badgley vs blankenship

carmelcolt

34 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

TBH I am a little worried about Badgely kicking field goals in Buffalo.  Not so much the extra points.  But this time of year the wind could be a factor in Buffalo.  It can be brutal coming off Lake Erie.  I understand sticking with him so we shall see and keep our fingers crossed.

I remember the SF game and they were saying he missed a ton in warmups with the wind. But he ended up kicking just fine. I guess my point was to see how he does in the wind because we know hot Rod missed a easy one there last year.

15 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I don't even think I've seen one of Badgley's FG's make me wonder (well maybe one yesterday) but from what I remember they've all been dead on right down the pike 

I don't think we need to see Hot Rod again.. :dunno:

MB's hit tougher kicks in tougher weather conditions than RK has. Badgley's the guy imo

I wonder if people will change their minds, if Badgley starts missing?

He hasn’t had to kick anything long. I’m hoping he doesn’t miss, but keeping both (if possible), could be a good idea.

The NFL is a week to week league and the opinions on the kicking position waver from game to game.

NO ONE - including NFL kickers - regardless of their name - is perfect - in life or on the field !!

We've been spoiled for waaaaay toooo looong by having Adam Vinatieri on our team.

I wish Michael Badgley and/or Hot Rod the very very best and hope he splits the uprights !!

32 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I wonder if people will change their minds, if Badgley starts missing?

He hasn’t had to kick anything long. I’m hoping he doesn’t miss, but keeping both (if possible), could be a good idea.

The NFL is a week to week league and the opinions on the kicking position waver from game to game.

I know it was only warmups but I was in Buffalo Sunday and watched him practice before the game.  He was making them from 50 with room to spare right down the middle. 

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I know it was only warmups but I was in Buffalo Sunday and watched him practice before the game.  He was making them from 50 with room to spare right down the middle. 

https://www.nfl.com/videos/michael-badgley-drills-59-yard-fg-290087

Lest we forget, he did make one from 59 yards out in his rookie year on the final play of the 1st Half against Cincinnati.

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

If Hot Rod does get pushed aside here in Indy, I wouldn't fret too much for him. He'll get a job elsewhere in the NFL. He's a good to very good kicker and certainly better than some currently out there getting a paycheck. 

If he does lose his spot to Badgley I would still keep him on the roster during the off season.  I guess there is always a chance we could trade him for a late pick.  

Archived