Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anyone know when the FLEX game vs Pats will be announced?

CheezyColt

Not 100% sure this belongs here but it's Colts football related so *shrug*

I have tickets and my Patriots-loving wife was unable to get the time off so she's going to have to try and switch shifts with someone, but if she can't then I'll probably have to sell.  Just curious if anyone knows when the decision between 12/18 or 12/19 should be announced (1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks before?)

Thanks!

6 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Not 100% sure this belongs here but it's Colts football related so *shrug*

I have tickets and my Patriots-loving wife was unable to get the time off so she's going to have to try and switch shifts with someone, but if she can't then I'll probably have to sell.  Just curious if anyone knows when the decision between 12/18 or 12/19 should be announced (1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks before?)

Thanks!

Per the schedule release, CBS Sports Reports this regarding Saturday Games " Specific dates and start times for these designated Week 15 matchups will be determined and announced no later than four weeks prior to game day, so don't expect these matchups to be set until November."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-schedule-10-teams-dont-have-a-scheduled-day-time-for-week-15-and-heres-what-that-means/

And looking at the games they could move, I am thinking the Raiders Vs Browns game will be one of the two flexed.

I think the other will be Colts vs Pats or Panthers vs Bills. If the Panthers dont show anything the next two weeks, I think it will be Colts vs Pats as the early game that day.

Otherwise we will have Sunday at 1 

Look at the bottom of the week 15 entry on NFL.com schedule.

2021 TBD Games

In Week 15, two of five designated matchups will be played on Saturday with the remainder to be played on Sunday. Specific dates and start times for such designated Week 15 matchups will be determined and announced no later than four weeks prior to game day.

We will know whether or not the Pats-Colts game is flexed no later than November 20th.  However, I think the NFL will wait on the outcome of the Chiefs-Raiders SNF game next week and make a decision on Monday the 15th as the Raiders are one of the teams in play for the Saturday game.  The MNF teams (Rams-49ers) are not.    

• 2 weeks later...

Of the 5 games TBD for week 15, the two Saturdays game would most likely be chosen from these three:

Raiders @ Browns

Panthers @ Bills

Patriots @ Colts

With the Raiders beginning to fade and Mayfield now having a knee injury, I'm thinking Panthers/Bills and Pats/Colts. 

Storylines:

Cam is back with Carolina and could give them playoff push spark.

Pats and Bills are fighting for the AFC East.

Colts fighting for a WC and it would showcase JT against Belichick's D in front of a national audience.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:24 AM, MarylandTerrapin said:

Look at the bottom of the week 15 entry on NFL.com schedule.

2021 TBD Games

In Week 15, two of five designated matchups will be played on Saturday with the remainder to be played on Sunday. Specific dates and start times for such designated Week 15 matchups will be determined and announced no later than four weeks prior to game day.

We will know whether or not the Pats-Colts game is flexed no later than November 20th.  However, I think the NFL will wait on the outcome of the Chiefs-Raiders SNF game next week and make a decision on Monday the 15th as the Raiders are one of the teams in play for the Saturday game.  The MNF teams (Rams-49ers) are not.    

I'm thinking "no later than 4 weeks prior to game day" ends in 90 minutes (assuming eastern time). Wonder if they're going to announce it tonight...

Literally, 4 weeks before game time would have been this past Saturday the 20th.  Figuratively, 4 weeks before week 15 could mean week 11, which concludes tonight with the Giants/Bucs - maybe they announce it later today.  Currently, SNF has Saints/Bucs for week 15 - they may leave it alone because Brady is a draw and the Saints are still in the WC hunt.

I think it will still be Pats/Colts and Panthers/Bills on Saturday.  I also think that the Packers/Ravens game on FOX will be flexed from 1pm to 4:25pm to join Seahawks/Rams since FOX has the doubleheader.  Seahawks are having a down year so Packers/Ravens should replace Seahawks/Rams as "America's Game of the Week" for FOX and be televised to most of the country. 

11 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

whatever the flex is just please dont be 4:25 lol the worst timeslot IMO haha

FOX already has Packers/Ravens that week so I figure they'll move that game to 4:25pm.

7 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

How soon before the Colts/Titans game a few years ago did they announce it was being flex into SNF? I honestly cannot remember.

Colts/Titans was a no brainer as it was the only game that year with a "win and in" scenario for week 17.  I think they actually decided it before the week 16 SNF game after the 4pm games ended - the Steelers lost to the Saints that year which opened for door for the Colts and Titans to "win and get in".  

This season, they will decide during or immediately after the Browns/Steelers MNF game on Jan 3rd.  Unlike 2018, I think this season will have several "win and in" games for the final week.  

39 minutes ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

FOX already has Packers/Ravens that week so I figure they'll move that game to 4:25pm.

Colts/Titans was a no brainer as it was the only game that year with a "win and in" scenario for week 17.  I think they actually decided it before the week 16 SNF game after the 4pm games ended - the Steelers lost to the Saints that year which opened for door for the Colts and Titans to "win and get in".  

This season, they will decide during or immediately after the Browns/Steelers MNF game on Jan 3rd.  Unlike 2018, I think this season will have several "win and in" games for the final week.  

There is a Cardinals-Cowboys game week 16 that most likely will be SNF for NFC playoff implications, IMO. Patriots would be coming off a MNF game vs the Bills, so actually making that game SNF might give the Patriots more rest, IMO, might be better to play a 1 pm game??

Archived