Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st Round Mock Draft 6.0 (Post Darnold Trade)

1 Jacksonville Trevor Lawrence 

2 NY Jets Zach Wilson 

3 San Francisco Mac Jones 

4 Atlanta Trey Lance 

5 Cincinnati JaMarr Chase 

6 Miami Penei Sewell 

7 Detroit Kwity Paye 

8 Carolina Kyle Pitts 

9 Denver Justin Fields 

10 Dallas Patrick Surtain 

11 NY Giants DeVonta Smith 

12 Philadelphia Jaylen Waddle 

13 LA Chargers Rashawn Slater 

14 Minnesota Jayson Oweh 

15 New England Micah Parsons 

16 Arizona Christian Darrisaw 

17 Las Vegas Alijah Vera-Tucker 

18 Miami Rashod Bateman 

19 Washington Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah 

20 Chicago Samuel Cosmi 

21 Indianapolis Dillon Radunz 

22 Tennessee Teven Jenkins 

23 NY Jets Jaycee Horn 

24 Pittsburgh Zaven Collins 

25 Jacksonville Trevon Moehrig 

26 Cleveland Jaelan Phillips 

27 Baltimore Azeez Ojulari 

28 New Orleans Kadarius Toney 

29 Green Bay Greg Newsome 

30 Buffalo Caleb Farley 

31 Kansas City Jalen Mayfield 

32 Tampa Bay Christian Barmore 

Mayfield doesn't look like an OT on film either. He looks slow and plodding. I think whoever drafts him should be doing it with the plan of him being a guard.

I've been thinking about Vera-Tucker along the same lines, but I think I would at least be willing to give him a shot at OT, he at least has the movement skills to survive on the outside, even if he doesn't have the length.

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Mayfield doesn't look like an OT on film either. He looks slow and plodding. I think whoever drafts him should be doing it with the plan of him being a guard.

I've been thinking about Vera-Tucker along the same lines, but I think I would at least be willing to give him a shot at OT, he at least has the movement skills to survive on the outside, even if he doesn't have the length.

Vera-Tucker looks like OG to me but what do I know 

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Vera-Tucker looks like OG to me but what do I know 

He looks like a guard indeed... like... His frame and body looks like that of a guard. But he doesn't move like a guard. He has very good movement and light feet. I don't know. I can see it both ways with him and I would understand teams thinking both.

6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

2 NY Jets Zach Wilson 

4 Atlanta Trey Lance 

6 Miami Penei Sewell 

7 Detroit Kwity Paye 

8 Carolina Kyle Pitts 

9 Denver Justin Fields 

14 Minnesota Jayson Oweh 

18 Miami Rashod Bateman 

20 Chicago Samuel Cosmi 

23 NY Jets Jaycee Horn 

30 Buffalo Caleb Farley 

Sorry, but if this is the the draft they would take Horn.    He would easily be BPA.  That kid may be a star in this league 

Said itbefore  I'lll say it again. Cant draft need.  Have to draft value.     There is limit to 1st round value and Horn would be the value in this situation 

6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

2 NY Jets Zach Wilson 

4 Atlanta Trey Lance 

6 Miami Penei Sewell 

7 Detroit Kwity Paye 

8 Carolina Kyle Pitts 

9 Denver Justin Fields 

14 Minnesota Jayson Oweh 

18 Miami Rashod Bateman 

20 Chicago Samuel Cosmi 

23 NY Jets Jaycee Horn 

30 Buffalo Caleb Farley 

Where did this mock come from?    Mac Jones AT 3??????     LOL   I can only hope someone is that stupid

11 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

2 NY Jets Zach Wilson 

4 Atlanta Trey Lance 

6 Miami Penei Sewell 

7 Detroit Kwity Paye 

8 Carolina Kyle Pitts 

9 Denver Justin Fields 

14 Minnesota Jayson Oweh 

18 Miami Rashod Bateman 

20 Chicago Samuel Cosmi 

23 NY Jets Jaycee Horn 

30 Buffalo Caleb Farley 

Thanks for sharing

I would probably take Jenkins over Radunz, But..... I think Radunz, after pro day, will be a fine LT, so I dont hate it

I go into this draft wanting a CB special, where we get a later pick (3rd ?) for sliding 5-6 spots

However.....

If there is a run on the decent OTs, before 21 you almost HAVE to stay put and take your guy at 21.

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Better for the Colts to have a run on QB’s early.  Honestly, this draft just seems terrible. 

There is a run on QBs (five in first 15 picks) which I dont believe has ever happened, but I think this draft is excellent in that matter.

In regards to this particular draft listed, I think the OTs slide a bit.  I also dont see Paye going that early

Fun stuff.....

5 hours ago, BluesGirl said:

Sorry, but if this is the the draft they would take Horn.    He would easily be BPA.  That kid may be a star in this league 

Said itbefore  I'lll say it again. Cant draft need.  Have to draft value.     There is limit to 1st round value and Horn would be the value in this situation 

I get that concept, and you have to employ it to have a great long term team

But....

Its not a PURE BPA approach

What if Mac Jones slid to 21?  He might be BPA but I wouldnt take him

If Trevor Lawrence slid to 21..... I WOULD take him, because he is a generational talent

If Kyle Pitts slid to 21, I WOULD take him because I think he is a generational talent

If the top 3 WRs slid, I would have to consider taking them at 21

But

It has to be clear cut difference maker. For me,  (and to be fair to your argument)

I need to watch more tape in Horn to see if he is that CB that we cant live without

In practice it seems that successful teams employ BPA WITH at least SOME eye on need 

Horrible pick for the Colts. Give them the best player available at a position of need in CB Jaycee Horn. Radunz is a late 2nd round prospect. 

Otherwise I would be in favor of a trade down to acquire more picks, and then look to draft a OT like Liam Eichenberg or a DE like Jaelen Phillips. 

When was the last time 3 QBs went in the first 3 picks? I just can't remember one lately. 4 QBs in the first 4 picks is unlikely, IMO.

I still feel Justin Fields is going to the 49ers.

But then, when Adam S. and Daniel Jeremiah are saying the same thing, doubling and tripling down on Mac Jones to the 49ers, you have to take a step back and listen:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/4/6/22369858/mock-draft-roundup-schefter-says-hed-be-shocked-if-the-49ers-didnt-take-mac-jones

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Horrible pick for the Colts. Give them the best player available at a position of need in CB Jaycee Horn. Radunz is a late 2nd round prospect. 

Otherwise I would be in favor of a trade down to acquire more picks, and then look to draft a OT like Liam Eichenberg or a DE like Jaelen Phillips. 

Some DBs returning from Covid year drop CB on immediate needs. I won't be surprised if they take Horn though.

Radunz isn't a horrible pick either hes got great upside to be great LT for years 

6 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

I would probably take Jenkins over Radunz, But..... I think Radunz, after pro day, will be a fine LT, so I dont hate it

I go into this draft wanting a CB special, where we get a later pick (3rd ?) for sliding 5-6 spots

However.....

If there is a run on the decent OTs, before 21 you almost HAVE to stay put and take your guy at 21.

Thats exactly why I took Radunz. The rate OT were falling a good one wouldn't be there at 54.

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Some DBs returning from Covid year drop CB on immediate needs. I won't be surprised if they take Horn though.

Radunz isn't a horrible pick either hes got great upside to be great LT for years 

I'm more referring to it's horrible that you have the Colts selecting him with the 21st overall pick. That is a large reach for him from every single ranking and mock draft I have seen. 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

When was the last time 3 QBs went in the first 3 picks? I just can't remember one lately. 4 QBs in the first 4 picks is unlikely, IMO.

I still feel Justin Fields is going to the 49ers.

But then, when Adam S. and Daniel Jeremiah are saying the same thing, doubling and tripling down on Mac Jones to the 49ers, you have to take a step back and listen:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/4/6/22369858/mock-draft-roundup-schefter-says-hed-be-shocked-if-the-49ers-didnt-take-mac-jones

I think there is a very realistic chance that FIVE QBS go in top 10.....  which is unheard of.....

7 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I'm more referring to it's horrible that you have the Colts selecting him with the 21st overall pick. That is a large reach for him from every single ranking and mock draft I have seen. 

I disagree with you.  I think the draftniks have it wrong when they put him at the end of Rd. 2.  I’m starting to see mocks that have him pretty close to the top of the 2nd, and his SB and Pro Day definitely move him up to 1st round consideration.  I still have in my mock to trade down to 33ish and select Radunz, but I’m wondering if a team like KC might just snag him at the end of the 1st...

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

I disagree with you.  I think the draftniks have it wrong when they put him at the end of Rd. 2.  I’m starting to see mocks that have him pretty close to the top of the 2nd, and his SB and Pro Day definitely move him up to 1st round consideration.  I still have in my mock to trade down to 33ish and select Radunz, but I’m wondering if a team like KC might just snag him at the end of the 1st...

I'm expecting OT to fly off the board in 1st and don't wanna miss one because Colts elected to wait til 54.

16 minutes ago, indykmj said:

ZERO chance that Jones goes to SF at #3. Don't care who is reporting it. Happy to die 

on that hill... 

Very good chance it happens actually 

Archived