Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not to Blow Up all the Salary Cap Talk.... BUT!

NewColtsFan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

Yes - best days seem to be behind him. He was one of the greats at one time. If he comes back, I hope he finds it again.

T-4th of all Edge Rushers in pass rush win %.

What would equate to him being able to "find it again"?

Top 3, #2, #1?

On 3/4/2021 at 9:06 PM, danlhart87 said:

I highly doubt we get Robinson 

He is projected 18m per year RN

I think we do this instead 

Agholor at 8 per

Or

Samuel at 11 per

Agholor and Samuel will not solve the Colts lack of an Alpha receiver.  We need a guy like Robinson far more than we need anything else now that we have a QB IMO.  Including LT.  We should be able to slot a competent LT next to Q.  It would be nice to have a stud there but it’s not necessary.

The best teams all have at least one alpha and some have more than one.  We don’t have any.

48 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Agholor and Samuel will not solve the Colts lack of an Alpha receiver.  We need a guy like Robinson far more than we need anything else now that we have a QB IMO.  Including LT.  We should be able to slot a competent LT next to Q.  It would be nice to have a stud there but it’s not necessary.

The best teams all have at least one alpha and some have more than one.  We don’t have any.

I would agree with this. The problem is the Colts also need a top notch pass rusher. And I don’t believe they can afford that guy as well as Robinson, who I’d love to have. Plus, the Bears will likely tag Robinson rather than letting him walk. So..... I see the Colts paying a total of around $22-24m for upgrades such as Romeo Okwara at DE and Will Fuller at WR rather than two guys whose total outlay would be in the mid $30m range. 

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

He will cost too much. Plain and simple.

6 hours ago, w87r said:

T-4th of all Edge Rushers in pass rush win %.

What would equate to him being able to "find it again"?

Top 3, #2, #1?

It didn't look like we had much of a pass rush late in the season. I hope we make some changes there.

5 hours ago, Hoose said:

I would agree with this. The problem is the Colts also need a top notch pass rusher. And I don’t believe they can afford that guy as well as Robinson, who I’d love to have. Plus, the Bears will likely tag Robinson rather than letting him walk. So..... I see the Colts paying a total of around $22-24m for upgrades such as Romeo Okwara at DE and Will Fuller at WR rather than two guys whose total outlay would be in the mid $30m range. 

I can see the possibility of a tag and trade for Robinson.  We give up our 1st and they can use it to go after Wilson.  We sign Robinson long term like we did with Buckner.  I could then see us signing Clowney at DE or Okwara.  

53 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I can see the possibility of a tag and trade for Robinson.  We give up our 1st and they can use it to go after Wilson.  We sign Robinson long term like we did with Buckner.  I could then see us signing Clowney at DE or Okwara.  

Titans signed Clowney and he did jack squat. If he comes here it better be super cheap. 

38 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Titans signed Clowney and he did jack squat. If he comes here it better be super cheap. 

He rated 74.9 at PFF, so his jack squat must have been somewhat decent..... I agree, no sacks, but IIRC, his pressures were decent given he only played in 8 games, and they limited his snaps. Not saying I want him in Indy, but his rating isn't bad at all. I see him more of a run stopper to be honest. Also keep in mind TN uses a 3-4 and used Clowney as an OLB.

54 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I think he fits our scheme much better than the Titans.  At least that's what the so called experts are saying.  I have a feeling he's realized he made a mistake going there.  I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's a starting DE for us next year. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I think he fits our scheme much better than the Titans.  At least that's what the so called experts are saying.  I have a feeling he's realized he made a mistake going there.  I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's a starting DE for us next year. 

Like I said if its cheap maybe. If he wants top dollar I don't see him coming here.

Well Robinson and Godwin are out, my top 2 WR's.  Golladay would be my next choice and he's available but I'm not holding my breath.  Ballard has typically been conservative.  I think the trade for Buckner was the unicorn.  I could see him going after a guy like Kendrick Bourne, Curtis Samuel, Demarcus Robinson, etc.  Somebody who is young and has some upside but relatively cheap and isn't going to move the needle among the general Colts fan.  I COULD see him spending a bit more at Edge though.  A guy like Okwara or Dupree would be nice and won't be cheap.

I think they will bring TY back if he doesn't sign elsewhere.  I believe they could get a really good CB and LT in the draft.  Of course these are just my unprofessional thoughts and unconnected to anybody in the organization.  This could all be poppycock by next week.

Archived