Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Tight End - Kyle Miller [Merge]

FightLikeSin

Almost any position outside of RB. WR Stephen Hill, WR Kendall Wright, DT, OL, TE (Fleener), DB, etc. I'm sure there will be better players on the board at a few, if not all, of these positions. RBs not named Adrian Peterson/Trent Richardson are a dime a dozen.

So you look at our two RB's, sit back and say..."yup...nailed it! Those guys are going to be the solution for our running game woes! Don't need any more."?

Your first examples, (Hill, Wright, Fleener). I don't know about them being available until round 2...we def don't need a TE in the 2nd.

We just picked up 5-6 lineman in free agency, drafted 2 last year in rounds 1 and 2 and you think we should take an OL in the second round this year? Someone needs to be fired if you are investing that much into your line.

1-QB

2-Corner, after Gilmore and Kirkpatrick its a big drop off, so Im taking corner Im hoping Gilmore falls here

3- Defensive Tackle-yes its a reach for Ta'amu but a risk Ill take

4-Guard

5-Wide receiver

6-Tight End

7-Corner

So you look at our two RB's, sit back and say..."yup...nailed it! Those guys are going to be the solution for our running game woes! Don't need any more."?

Your first examples, (Hill, Wright, Fleener). I don't know about them being available until round 2...we def don't need a TE in the 2nd.

We just picked up 5-6 lineman in free agency, drafted 2 last year in rounds 1 and 2 and you think we should take an OL in the second round this year? Someone needs to be fired if you are investing that much into your line.

do you think anyone outside of Richardson will be the cure for our running back woes? if things workout like I expect this year we will get a top 10 or higher draft pick next year, Im taking Montee Ball then, Ill settle for a running back in the late rounds this year

Outside of Sam Satele all the Oline signings have been average/below average guys. Someone needs to be fired if you don't invest heavily in Oline, especially when you're going to have a young QB depending on said Oline. Our guard spot is especially iffy.

So, yes, oline is much more important than 2 crappy overhyped RBs. I had season tickets to Canes games and watched Lamar Miller carry the ball 10 times for 8 yards and then break an 80 yard run. He's a one trick deep threat, who gets tackled by the grass.

they are just filling spots for every position so they can go BPA on each round IMO. you cant go BPA if you dont even have the players to complete a team.

with the amount of needs this team have, i kinda agree with going BPA every single round

Spot on.

This might already be news to all, but what do you guys think of the TE Kyle Miller added. He went to Mount Union the same school Garcon was from and the same school a friend of mine is currently attending Nick Driskill. Its kind of cool for me knowing Driskill and hopefully being able to watch someone he went to college with in a colts uniform.

Miller was picked up by jacksonville along with another mt union player Cecil shorts. but then was released, so to me it doesnt appear he will be a started but more added for just depth, yes?

I still think that if Fleener falls to 34, we have to take him. Eldridge is not a receiving TE. We lost both of ours this offseason. If we can not only get a very good prospect at TE who can catch the ball, but also a guy that our new Quarterback played with in college, it would be a no-brainer of a pick.

The new Rutgers?! As long as they aren't Big 10 crazy. I remember crunching the #s, I think it was the beginning of this last year. Between Rutgers,Big Ten, and Syracuse? I think it accounted for over 58% percent of our roster. 7 schools accounted for over half of our entire team. Unreal.

He was a big time receiver at small time Mount Union, so it's not out of the question that's he is around as a potential TE.

He caught 62 passes for 872 yards and 7 TDs in his last season. You like small school players to dominate if they are to have any potential in the NFL, and that's pretty dominant from a small school TE.

I don't think he'll be crazy good or something, but I think it's foolish to write him off as just a LS candidate.