Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fanspeak Mock I did for 2021 draft, share your mocks

Hey, just had a little time on my hand, here is the mock I did, some of the guys I did wonder if they'd be there where I picked. 

Round 1 Pick 21: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State

Round 2 Pick 54: Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech

Round 3 Pick 84: Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington

Round 4 Pick 124: Nico Collins, WR, Michigan

Round 5 Pick 162: Matt Bushman, TE, BYU

Round 6 Pick 200: Divine Deablo, S, Virginia Tech

Round 7 Pick 243: Lorenzo Neal Jr., DL, Purdue

image.png.91dba5fb6c95ae2e11c582a5aa6d378b.png

Does this look any better w.r.t availability and probability? 

I am not sure. It is such a long long way from the draft. 

Round 1 - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

Round 2 - Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington

Round 3 - Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State

Round 4 - Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State

Round 5 - Noah Gray, TE, Duke

Round 6 - Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse

Round 7 - Kyree Campbell, DT, Florida

image.png.85933ff593f4c566d837cca8b86b5f8f.png

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Does this look any better w.r.t availability and probability? 

I am not sure. It is such a long long way from the draft. 

image.png.85933ff593f4c566d837cca8b86b5f8f.png

I don't see Waddle making it out of the top 10. He'll most likely be the 1st or 2nd WR taken.

I've found Fanspeak to be really terrible the past couple of years. Maybe it'll get better as we get closer to the draft, but it didn't seem to last year.

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

I don't see Waddle making it out of the top 10. He'll most likely be the 1st or 2nd WR taken.

I've found Fanspeak to be really terrible the past couple of years. Maybe it'll get better as we get closer to the draft, but it didn't seem to last year.

You don't see a 5'10" WR drop like Marquise Brown?? Calvin Ridley went No.26, if I remember right.

I think this is definitely possible. Waddle only played in four games during the 2020 season as he suffered a fractured right ankle that resulted in surgery (Oct. 2020) to repair.

Calvin Ridley on nfl.com - https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/allPositions?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL&year=2018

If Waddle was sitting there at No.21, would you draft him?

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Hey, just had a little time on my hand, here is the mock I did, some of the guys I did wonder if they'd be there where I picked. 

Round 1 Pick 21: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State

Round 2 Pick 54: Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech

Round 3 Pick 84: Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington

Round 4 Pick 124: Nico Collins, WR, Michigan

Round 5 Pick 162: Matt Bushman, TE, BYU

Round 6 Pick 200: Divine Deablo, S, Virginia Tech

Round 7 Pick 243: Lorenzo Neal Jr., DL, Purdue

image.png.91dba5fb6c95ae2e11c582a5aa6d378b.png

Man I love Tyron. I watch a lot of Pac 12 football and this guy is legit. He would've been a 1st round pick if he didn't opt out in 2020. I recently did a mock with him sliding to the 3rd round. Nice mock, but while Nico Collins is a baller think Kadarius Toney would be a better fit in our offense. 

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

You don't see a 5'10" WR drop like Marquise Brown?? Calvin Ridley went No.26, if I remember right.

I think this is definitely possible. Waddle only played in four games during the 2020 season as he suffered a fractured right ankle that resulted in surgery (Oct. 2020) to repair.

4 hours ago, w87r said:

Smith and Chase?

Wow....I don't know how I mixed them up, but I was definitely thinking of Chase, not Waddle.... I think Smith and Chase are the 1st 2 WRs off the board.

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

If Waddle was sitting there at No.21, would you draft him?

If he was BPA, I think I would. Just because he's such a dynamic playmaker and is already a pretty savvy WR. I'm hopeful we can snag our next LT at 21, but I think Waddle on the board still at 21 would be enticing.

8 hours ago, Shive said:

Wow....I don't know how I mixed them up, but I was definitely thinking of Chase, not Waddle.... I think Smith and Chase are the 1st 2 WRs off the board.

If he was BPA, I think I would. Just because he's such a dynamic playmaker and is already a pretty savvy WR. I'm hopeful we can snag our next LT at 21, but I think Waddle on the board still at 21 would be enticing.

QB, OT, DE, WR - getting any single one of them in free agency should open up the draft for us. The only issue is QB will cost draft capital, the rest probably won't.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

QB, OT, DE, WR - getting any single one of them in free agency should open up the draft for us. The only issue is QB will cost draft capital, the rest probably won't.

I definitely agree. What we do in FA will have much more of an impact on our draft strategy than it has in years past with the glaring holes at what tend to be the most important positions. I still don't see Ballard reaching for need, but I can't see us neglecting some of those positions if we don't address them in FA.

I don't see Waddle leaving top 15. With teams loving his speed, looking at Hill and Ruggs. Plus the WR seems deep in the class, and some big names are going to be free agents if they actually hit the market. The player I love that is realistic in round 1 ( I plan on doing a post about him) Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame. The dude looks and plays like someone who can plug in at left tackle right away and have success 

Doubt we can trade up to get a QB without hurting our ability to fill other needs. I think of the QB trade options - Darnold may be the cheapest good option. He will not cost a 1st. 3rd round is possible or a 3rd and perhaps a pick next year. Darnold in the right system might be fine. He is young and with a good surrounding cast could really put up some numbers. He should be cheaper than Stafford. We groom Eason as back up and  perhaps he eventually becomes the starting QB. Ideally, would love Watson but I have a better shot of winning the lottery then the Colts trading for him with Texans.

Unrealistic but... 

21: R1 P21 OT Rashawn Slater - Northwestern

54: R2 P22 CB Tyson Campbell - Georgia

84: R3 P20 TE Charlie Kolar - Iowa State

124: R4 P22 EDGE Payton Turner - Houston

162: R5 P21 WR Dyami Brown - North Carolina

200: R6 P21 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State

243: R7 P21 WR Amon-Ra St. Brown - USC

27 minutes ago, stitches said:

Unrealistic but... 

21: R1 P21 OT Rashawn Slater - Northwestern

54: R2 P22 CB Tyson Campbell - Georgia

84: R3 P20 TE Charlie Kolar - Iowa State

124: R4 P22 EDGE Payton Turner - Houston

162: R5 P21 WR Dyami Brown - North Carolina

200: R6 P21 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State

243: R7 P21 WR Amon-Ra St. Brown - USC

I think Dillon Radunz will move into Day 2 by the time the draft comes around. I am beginning to wonder if getting a CB before Day 3 is as important to our system, I do think we re-sign Rhodes and draft one later. This was what I felt was more realistic because I felt Joe Tryon will move up as well and if Waddle gets past the Patriots at 15, he will be available for us, IMO. The only reason GMs might hesitate is his ankle injury, and if that happens, we should pounce on that. Of course, it purely depends on leftover draft capital after any trades for a QB. Everything points towards a WR in free agency to free up our draft capital.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I think Dillon Radunz will move into Day 2 by the time the draft comes around. I am beginning to wonder if getting a CB before Day 3 is as important to our system, I do think we re-sign Rhodes and draft one later. This was what I felt was more realistic because I felt Joe Tryon will move up as well and if Waddle gets past the Patriots at 15, he will be available for us, IMO. The only reason GMs might hesitate is his ankle injury, and if that happens, we should pounce on that. Of course, it purely depends on leftover draft capital after any trades for a QB. Everything points towards a WR in free agency to free up our draft capital.

I would say it all depends who is still on the board before Ballard looks at Waddle and WR in the first round. Are Tackles starting to get taken a lot. Is there other possible key guys like a Kwity Paye available that they see becoming a Houston type player. I could easily see us passing on him though is what I am saying (Waddle that is). I agree with Radunz falling. I think day 2 is realistic for sure. I actually highly doubt he is a 1st rounder for sure. I like the other picks and also agree as CB would not be a massive concern. We need pressure on the QB. 

- Indy trades 21st pick to Miami for their two 2nd round picks, pick 4 and pick 18.

- Indy trades Miami's 18th pick in the 2nd round to Tampa Bay for their 29th pick in the 2nd, and their 3rd round pick.

- Indy trades 2021 2nd and 2022 4th to Detroit for QB Matthew Stafford

Round 2 Pick 4 (MIA): Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
Round 2 Pick 22: (Traded for QB Matthew Stafford)
Round 2 Pick 29 (T.B.): Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson
Round 3 Pick 20: AmonRa St. Brown, WR, USC
Round 3 Pick 28 (T.B.): Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 22: Monty Rice, ILB/OLB, Georgia
Round 5 Pick 21: Kyree Campbell, DT, Florida
Round 6 Pick 22: Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati
Round 7 Pick 21: Dazz Newsome, WR, North Carolina 

21 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

- Indy trades 21st pick to Miami for their two 2nd round picks, pick 4 and pick 18.

- Indy trades Miami's 18th pick in the 2nd round to Tampa Bay for their 29th pick in the 2nd, and their 3rd round pick.

Like it or not the Lions will get a #1 pick for Stafford. 

Either from us or another team. (IMO) 

Here's one I just did at Pro Football Network and I did a trade back or 2 for additional picks, better picks

R2P44  Asante Samuel Jr CB FSU

R2P54  Patrick Jones EDGE Pitt

R2P63  Hamsah Nasirildeen S FSU

R3P72  Jackson Carman OT Clemson

R3P84  Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame

R4P123 Charles Snowden LB Virginia

R5P151 Jamie Newman QB Georgia

R6P161 Jaelon Darden WR North Texas

On 1/25/2021 at 4:00 PM, BProland85 said:

Ridder is going back to Cincy I believe. If this could happen I would love it but those trades are not realistic. 

Archived