Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which NFL coaching vacancy would you choose

danlhart87

Tough choice.   Herbert is very good, but the owner isn't all in on winning.  Not sure about the GM's of all these teams.  That would be a major deciding factor.  The Texans might be a good spot as the city is desperate for a competent coach.   The Jags with their cap space is attractive.  No to the Jets and Lions.  

Jaguars.

Florida is a good place to live first off. The Jags have two 1st round picks, including the no1 pick overall in which you can take Trevor Lawrence. Plenty of cap space. Some talent on the team that you can build around already. The division is somewhat tough, but it doesn't include the Chiefs. 

The team has a lot of positives and very few negatives compared to the other coaching jobs. If you take this team to the SB, you'll be a hero in Jacksonville as well. Definitely the top job available to me.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Chargers 

Jaguars 

Falcons

Lions

Texans 

Jets 

if I am a coach im either going to Jacksonville because they are getting Lawrence and have a great amount of cap space or Chargers because they have Herbert to build around.

Which team would you choose?

Lions, NFC North easiest division to navigate through IMO.   No way I'm going AFC West vs Mahomes and K.C at the start of their could be dynasty.

Not going AFC South with young Colts, top rushing rb in league in Henry.

AFC East has a very good Bills with young ascending QB and very young all around Phins squad

NFC South has aging Saints and semi aging Bucs so Falcons a consideration.

NFC North has a very aging though elite Packers BUT Vikings and Bears arent scaring anyone so avenue is there to build and succeed in that divison.

Looking at the Lions assets very solid QB with years left you can ride or deal for multiple quality picks.  A very good young back in D.Swift whom should be your bellcow for years. A good young TE in Hockenson....

Would need to rebuild the D over 1-2 years, no pressure to win right away, the media wont be hounding you ever as Lions never have really won anything so anything positive is magnified.

I would go with the Colts!

Seriously i would pick the jaguars too, they will have TL and some money.  Plus there wont be a ton of pressure to be great right away there.  Decent situation especially for a QB oriented coach 

On 1/8/2021 at 8:27 AM, danlhart87 said:

Chargers 

Jaguars 

Falcons

Lions

Texans 

Jets 

if I am a coach im either going to Jacksonville because they are getting Lawrence and have a great amount of cap space or Chargers because they have Herbert to build around.

Which team would you choose?

The Jags are the obvious answer because of Lawrence.    But...    I was reading today that the Jags owner is copying an idea from Jerry Jones.   The owner has control of the roster.  The whole roster.   Not the GM, and not the HC.   

Not sure how Urban Meyer is going to feel about that?   

Archived