Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Braden Smith activated

John Hammonds

Just now, life long said:

Well how convenient. This year will definitely have an asterisk when I look back on it later. Soo many games and teams affected. Let alone no preseason and limited practices. 

And we're not done yet. It will be interesting to see how covid affects the rest of this week and playoffs. Teams are not allowed to do mandatory "bubbles" for the playoffs, so there is bound to be some cases/contacts.

5 minutes ago, life long said:

Well how convenient. This year will definitely have an asterisk when I look back on it later. Soo many games and teams affected. Let alone no preseason and limited practices. 

Yep. I mean we could of handled the jags fine without Smith. But it had to be against the Steelers. Then you have the titans. We should be very proud of a 11-5 record. Bad circumstances. 

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

And we're not done yet. It will be interesting to see how covid affects the rest of this week and playoffs. Teams are not allowed to do mandatory "bubbles" for the playoffs, so there is bound to be some cases/contacts.

Honestly the players should just do it themselves as much as possible.  Don't go out to eat, just get takeout, do grocery pickup, order anything else you need from Amazon.  Do what it takes to keep yourself available for the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Honestly the players should just do it themselves as much as possible.  Don't go out to eat, just get takeout, do grocery pickup, order anything else you need from Amazon.  Do what it takes to keep yourself available for the playoffs.  

I believe 80% of them will do this. It's the 20% knuckleheads you need to watch out for! And really, it only takes one.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Yep. I mean we could of handled the jags fine without Smith. But it had to be against the Steelers. Then you have the titans. We should be very proud of a 11-5 record. Bad circumstances. 

Considering we lost the first game, I'm not going to take anything for granted.  Especially when winning this game is absolutely crucial towards any chance of making the playoffs.  

31 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Thank goodness.

Now, let's see what AC does.

I have to wonder about the accuracy of the tests.  I know they're using a rapid PCR test.

I know from experience that even the PCR test can have false positives, but that's what the NFL is banking on.

10 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

And the teams will pay for hotel and all the NFL has said

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Please please please just put Nelson at LT. I don't get why the colts are being so stubborn about this. Do we really need to see Chaz Green out there more to further prove he can't play.

Holder or Keefer (Cant remember which) mentioned today that with it being known earlier in the week they think he could be at LT as he would have more time to get ready and some others have said no big DT on Jags

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

Please please please just put Nelson at LT. I don't get why the colts are being so stubborn about this. Do we really need to see Chaz Green out there more to further prove he can't play.

Because they like to run behind Nelson and Kelly and don’t want to lose that.  Romo did a great job highlighting this in the Steelers game.  Also in the Steelers game you had a much bigger threat in Hayward in the middle of their line than the blindside pass rusher with Dupree out.  They also had a pretty good fillin in Holden so the left side of the line held up well until Holden went out.  So they had reasons it wasn’t just them being stubborn about it.  

This week is a different story.  They might be forced to explore moving Nelson to tackle. That’s an option.  Another is to maybe move Smith over or play the guy they just signed out of retirement.  What’s clear by that move is that the Colts know Green and Webb aren’t the answer.  

Archived