Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arrogant Bad Boy Behavior In The Nfl

UndecidedFrog

TO was an attention seeker a great talent no doubt one of the best, but he ruined every locker room he stepped in not worth the trouble besides that hes old, I would rather have Moss least hes grown up, he stood on the star to get a rise and draw attention to himself, as for if the behavior being tolerated that kind of behavior I would want the players to it settle on the field or locker room I wouldnt want an official or higher ups stepping in with that. but such things as bringing props into celebrations I didnt like it, it didnt get a rise out of me, I just thought it was stupid especially the Joe Horn cell phone call,

Team Oblitarator is done in the NFL

I remember that game and could not stop laughing at all of it. I thought it was all funny and in my opinion they all fail in a funny way.

Agree on the fail.Funny to watch grown men lose their composure because of arrogance.Should never happen at Pro level and definately should not be tolerated refs needed to jump in before it escalated to that point.

Wanna talk about disgusting bad boy behaviour (though not from the NFL)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meBRoWFT8jA

Absolutely embarrassing on so many levels. "We got gangstas in the locker room"...that's got to be one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard. I love how the Cincy coach handled it. If it were me, I would do what I could to make sure those kids lose their scholarships and be kicked off the team; I'd even be willing to forfeit the rest of the season. It's disgusting and embarrassing

Well TO is probably one of the best WR's ever, i wonder if his attitude will keep him out of the HOF

Id say of course not but in some cases behavior outweighs talent he is one of them cases, although he isnt entirely to blame the media did eat it all up

<snip>

Absolutely embarrassing on so many levels. "We got gangstas in the locker room"...that's got to be one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard. I love how the Cincy coach handled it. If it were me, I would do what I could to make sure those kids lose their scholarships and be kicked off the team; I'd even be willing to forfeit the rest of the season. It's disgusting and embarrassing

Yes, that was pretty embarrassing for both schools.

Did one team forfeit the game because of the incident?

Yes, that was pretty embarrassing for both schools.

Did one team forfeit the game because of the incident?

I didn't follow up on it, but I don't remember anything about a team forfeiting anything.

Going back to your original post, I'm a fan of the Barry Sanders TD celebration. Give the ball to the ref and move on. It's fun to see some of the TD celebrations people come up with, but not to belittle your opponent. I prefer something like Ocho's River Dance to TO's thing on the star. Respect your opponent. If you want to celebrate your own/your team's accomplishments, sure, go ahead. But don't belittle your opponent.

With that said, I think Goodell is too strict with these punishments. 15 yards for excessive celebration and then fines? Ocho pulls out a dollar as a joke and gets fined $15 000. As long as they don't belittle their opponent and don't take up too much time, I don't have a problem with it.

I didn't follow up on it, but I don't remember anything about a team forfeiting anything.

Going back to your original post, I'm a fan of the Barry Sanders TD celebration. Give the ball to the ref and move on. It's fun to see some of the TD celebrations people come up with, but not to belittle your opponent. I prefer something like Ocho's River Dance to TO's thing on the star. Respect your opponent. If you want to celebrate your own/your team's accomplishments, sure, go ahead. But don't belittle your opponent.

With that said, I think Goodell is too strict with these punishments. 15 yards for excessive celebration and then fines? Ocho pulls out a dollar as a joke and gets fined $15 000. As long as they don't belittle their opponent and don't take up too much time, I don't have a problem with it.

I think it is best to have a zero tolerance policy towards any antics that may be interpreted as belittling the opponent.

As far as I can tell from current NFL policy, acceptable celebration is spiking the ball, and congratulating your teammates, the lambeau leap thingy with the fans, and solo salsa dancing ala Victor Cruz.

Cincy and Xavier are some of the rougher teams in the NCAA. I'm surprised no one was stabbed with a prison shenk.

Well TO is probably one of the best WR's ever, i wonder if his attitude will keep him out of the HOF

If it does keep him out then the HOF it a total joke. The HOF is not about morals it is about how good of a player you are. TO may have been a giant tool bag, but the guy was one of the best WRs to play. Heck if they did not take OJ out then I am sure TO will be fine.

I love TD celebrations and wish the NFL would lighten up a bit. If the defense feels belittled by a guy doing a dance then well you should have done your job and stopped them. You only have yourself to blame.

coach has it right! what a terrible example the players set and how ungrateful of their scholarships they proved to be.. I like the "there's a lot of kids that would love to go to college" line... EXACTLY!

Does anyone remember this 49ers - Cowboys mess created by TO?

What, in your opinion, instigated this?

Should such behavior be tolerated?

Ego vs brains? Teague could of just ignored TO's show boating, he was only making a fool of himself.. but of course ego demanded that Teague smash into TO.. I thought it was extremely rude that TO was so heck bent on getting to the star, he was rude to his own teammate trying to celebrate the TD... what was the final score of this game? I keep trying to teach my daughter the best way to combate smack talk and dirty hits is with SKILL! leave it on the score board!

I think it is best to have a zero tolerance policy towards any antics that may be interpreted as belittling the opponent.

As far as I can tell from current NFL policy, acceptable celebration is spiking the ball, and congratulating your teammates, the lambeau leap thingy with the fans, and solo salsa dancing ala Victor Cruz.

The NFL fined Pierre Thomas for giving a ball to a fan after a TD because he put a bow on the ball (it was near Christmas time). How does that make any sense? He was doing something nice for a fan, yet he still got fined

The NFL fined Pierre Thomas for giving a ball to a fan after a TD because he put a bow on the ball (it was near Christmas time). How does that make any sense? He was doing something nice for a fan, yet he still got fined

I dont think thats to far, but Ill give an example of to far in my opinion , Joe Horn cell phone in padding of goal post-w, forget the guys name but he plays for Buffalo, a wide receiver, who scored a touchdown and his celebration was a reinactment of Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the leg-to far

Does anyone remember this 49ers - Cowboys mess created by TO?

What, in your opinion, instigated this?

Should such behavior be tolerated?

The first one and then Emmitts comback were both OK in my book but TO took it too far the second time, he should have been suspended for inciting what happened.

I dont think thats to far, but Ill give an example of to far in my opinion , Joe Horn cell phone in padding of goal post-w, forget the guys name but he plays for Buffalo, a wide receiver, who scored a touchdown and his celebration was a reinactment of Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the leg-to far

I think Joe Horn did go too far with his cell phone thing. And the guy you're thinking of is Stevie Johnson

Yes, imagine putting a nice red bow on the ball that scored the touchdown to a spectator that happens to be the mother of the beaten defender?

You, nor I, nor anyone in the NFL office know all the details of any potential action that may be indeed be deemed taunting.

Hence, the best, and most objective way to move forward is with a zero tolerance policy that all teams and players understand.

I think Joe Horn did go too far with his cell phone thing. And the guy you're thinking of is Stevie Johnson

ah thats it, the kid is a up and coming receiver though so maybe it was just a one time dumb move, funny to some no doubt and I can see why, I mean he actually shot himself in the leg and is lucky he didnt blow anything else off if you know what I mean, but still it cost him a couple years freedom

Yes, imagine putting a nice red bow on the ball that scored the touchdown to a spectator that happens to be the mother of the beaten defender?

You, nor I, nor anyone in the NFL office know all the details of any potential action that may be indeed be deemed taunting.

Hence, the best, and most objective way to move forward is with a zero tolerance policy that all teams and players understand.

I agree but that would have gotten media attention if he gave the ball to the guy he beat mom I have no doubt