Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

postion by postion "your colts"

ArmyRecon

Who is your favorite by position ,not who was more talanted or better but your choice

Heres mine

Qb-manning(best ever),jim harbaugh(older fans just have that special place for captain comeback)

Paul justin(always thought he was a tough backup)

Rb-edge(greatest"indy"back ever,albert bentley(he was awesome reciving back)rodney culver(even like him in sandiego hate how he and his wife passed)

Fb-ain't many...zach crockett(95wildcard vs chargers enough said)roosvelt potts(boy could hey lower his shoulder onto a defender)

3rd down rb-anthony johnson (I admit I just wanted to put him on my list but he did a little of everything for his team)

Wr-marvin(words cant describe how good I think he was.reggie(he slowly but surely impressed me evefy year to the point where he is now)bill brooks(not only one of thr best human biengs u could ever meet but he was indy's only real wr for most if the 80's)floyd turner(he always seemed to make a play when we needed one)jessie hester(I know im gonna get ripped for him but some of his catches were amazing)

Te-ken dilger/marcus pollard(I know clark is great but that combo is my favorite..clark(ok I like him too

Lt-tarik glenn(only jim parker is a better colt lt)

Lg-chris hinton(know way was jeff george worth more then him)

C-ray donaldson(he was our only perrinal pro bowler for years)

Rg-jake scott(why did we let him leave?)

Rt-kevin call(when a olineman is called "the creature" u gotta like him)

Backup line T-zefross moss(thought he was decent blocker.adam meadows(he was very underated)

C-saturday(he's good but I think donaldson was better

De-freeney(been a fav since his rookie year)

Dt-tony siragusa(biggest fa loss in indy history)

Dt-ellis johnson(always forgotten but was vdfy good)

de-mathis(has always impressed me)

Backup de-raheem brock(could do a lil of everything)sam clancy(had a mean streak in him

backup dt-booget(he was important to our title run)steve emptman( yeah I know but man he could play when he could play)

Olb-chip banks(one of my fav players)

Mlb-jeff herrod(he was everything for our d for years)

Olb-david thortan(again why did we let him leave?)

Back ups olb-duane bickett if we could have had better teams he would have been one of nfl's great but he never got the reconigtion he deserved)mike peterson(hey I thought he was good)

Mlb-angerer(already like him more then brackrtt)

Cb-ashley ambrose(he went on to pro bowls affer we let him walk)

Cb-hayden(thought he was good whdn he played)

Ss-betha(he may end up my fav of all time)

Fs-bob(he was my fav)

Backups..cb-marlin(just for the sb clinching pick)

Powers(he will be one of our best when its all said and done)

Ss-jason belser(really a free but I want him here he was our best defender for awile)

Fs-mike prior(made a int when we needed it)

Where is Curtis, Smith, Berry, Gino..............? That's only Baltimore days.

How's about Donaldson(sp?), Stark and Bickett???? From the 80's.

He said "your colts", and those were his.

Based on the list he must be a relatively new fan.

I'm guessing if your fandom goes back further, your input is still welcome.

He said "your colts", and those were his.

Based on the list he must be a relatively new fan.

I'm guessing if your fandom goes back further, your input is still welcome.

Well thanks for letting me know my input is welcome! Geez, I wouldn't have ever thought that without your reply, which btw, offered none of your own? :rolleyes2: :coltslogo:

Manning

Edge or faulk

Harrison, Wayne, Brandon stokley

Dilger and Clark

Tarik Glenn, Ryan lilja, jeff Saturday, jake Scott, Adam meadows

Freeney, the goose, booger, Chad bratzke

David thornton, mike peterson, Cato June

Any corners (maybe even Nick Harper)

Bob sanders and mike doss

I said your favorite at the position...faulk was excellent rb(hof obviously)but he wasnt my favotite.not even close to it....also I meant just indy ..not that I dont respect the baltimore lineage...we all have players we like while other fans don't

I wasnt going by what we would say is the all time greatest colt team...

And I am not a relativly new fan....u think some of these new fans know who the heck im talking about with names like duane bickett,ray donaldson,mikr prior etc....ive had to endure the 91 1-15season,trading for fredd young,trading andre rison&chris hinton,shane curry's murder,letting goose,ray,and ambrose leave,drafting sean dawkins,not resigning marchibroda ovet hiring lindy Infante.and those are just off the top of my head..if we were comparing all our war wounds here I belive i ve been thru some bad times with this team...long before they were the model of success they have become

Yeah I know ..but I wadnt alive to see mackey,unitas berry,lenny moore,jim parker,bubba smith,art donovan,ordell brasse,gino marchetti,mike curtis,bobby boyd,bruce laird,bert jones,lydell mitchell play...if raymond berry is your favorite wr then put him on YOUR list..I said not the most talented or the greatest but your personal favorite

Edge and Bob at their prime were my favorite Offensive and Defensive players, runner-ups being: Offence = 2 Marv, 3 Marshall. Defense = 2 Freeney, 3 Mathis. (I can't help that my favorite positions in football are DE and Safety. ;D )

I find the lack of Raymond Berry in this thread to be quite disturbing...

Too true.

Well, the poster did say your favorite Colt, not the more talented.

QB - Peyton Manning, John Unitas,Bert Jones

RB - Marshall Faulk, Lydell Mitchell, Curtis Dickey, Roosevelt Potts

FB - Randy McMillian, Norm Bulaich

WR - Marvin Harrison, Billy Brooks, Roger Carr, Raymond Berry (new saw him play, but tapes)

TE - Ken Dilger, John Mackey, Dallas Clark

OT - George Kunz, Jim Mills, Tarik Glenn, Will Wolford

OG - Steve McKinney, Ken Huff, Chris Hinton

C - Jeff Saturday, Ray Donaldson

DE - Fred Cook, Dwight Freeney, John Dutton, Gino Marchetti

DT - Tony Siragusa, Mike Barnes, Tony McCoy

OLB - Duane Bickett, Vernon Maxwell (for one year), Stan White

MLB - Mike Curtis, Ed Simonimi

CB - Ray Buchanon, Lloyd Mumford

S - Nesby Glasgow, Bob Sanders

P - Rohn Stark

K - Mike Vanderjagt

KR - Joe Washington

Coach - Ted Marchibroda

Where is Curtis, Smith, Berry, Gino..............? That's only Baltimore days.

How's about Donaldson(sp?), Stark and Bickett???? From the 80's.

Personally, I refuse to acknowledge Baltimore Colts until the city of Baltimore recognizes the Indianapolis Colts. To that end I say, there were no Baltimore Colts, only Baltimore players.

Qb Manning, Harbaugh

Rb. Eric Dickerson, Edge

FB. Heyward

Wr. Marvin, Reggie, Billy

Te. Dilger, Clark

T. Glenn, Diem

G. hinton, Mandrich

C. Saturday, Donaldson

DE Freeney, Mathis, Bennett

DT Goose, Emptman(sp), Booger, Reagor

LB Bickett, Herrod, Brackett

CB Buchanon, Ambrose, Daniels

S Belser, Tate, Bethea

P Hunter

K I'll go with the liquored up kicker FTW

ST Reid

KR. Pyatt

Well that is certainly Revisionist's History and both of your rights to feel the way you do...but since I had starting watching The Colts in the early 70's they did exist :coltshelmet:

I watched Colts games in the 70's as well.

It has been over a quarter of a century now and even the Ravens organization feeds the fury, despite the obvious hypocrisy being that they themselves ripped the city of Cleavland of their beloved Browns. Yet we are referred to as "visitors" on their scoreboard.

Being that as it is, I refuse to acknowledge NFL greats such as Unitas and Berry as our alumni. They are Baltimore players and the city of Baltimore can do with them as they wish. The horseshoe has been cast in the toilet by the fanbase, the city and the once Cleavland, now Baltimore, organization. Take my horseshoe out of the toilet and I will acknowledge that the Colts history didn't begin in 1984.

I watched Colts games in the 70's as well.

It has been over a quarter of a century now and even the Ravens organization feeds the fury, despite the obvious hypocrisy being that they themselves ripped the city of Cleavland of their beloved Browns. Yet we are referred to as "visitors" on their scoreboard.

Being that as it is, I refuse to acknowledge NFL greats such as Unitas and Berry as our alumni. They are Baltimore players and the city of Baltimore can do with them as they wish. The horseshoe has been cast in the toilet by the fanbase, the city and the once Cleavland, now Baltimore, organization. Take my horseshoe out of the toilet and I will acknowledge that the Colts history didn't begin in 1984.

Well you are certainly allowed your opinion but when The Colts left Baltimore for Indy they took the team records, lore, players, logo and uniforms with them...you can't change that. They are one in the history of the NFL and last time I looked that means more than what Baltimore Maryland thinks :sun:

Baltimore had The Browns move to their city and Cleveland kept the team name, logo, uniforms, records and lore with them...hence making a fresh start with a new name and identity. The two are vastly differant and I do agree that is is very hypocritical of Baltimore and it's fan base to be upset with the Colts when they pretty much did the same thing to Cleveland.

Well you are certainly allowed your opinion but when The Colts left Baltimore for Indy they took the team records, lore, players, logo and uniforms with them...you can't change that. They are one in the history of the NFL and last time I looked that means more than what Baltimore Maryland thinks :sun:

Baltimore had The Browns move to their city and Cleveland kept the team name, logo, uniforms, records and lore with them...hence making a fresh start with a new name and identity. The two are vastly differant and I do agree that is is very hypocritical of Baltimore and it's fan base to be upset with the Colts when they pretty much did the same thing to Cleveland.

Please note that I mean not to slight the NFL greats such as Unitas. I can be mighty stubborn and its my little way of thumbing my nose back at the city of Baltimore for their hypocritical and petty grievances.

That being said, it has always been my opinion that when an NFL franchise picks up and moves, they should leave the respective logos and team names behind as the city in which they resided had taken ownership of them. But then again, does anybody really think that Baltimore would be any less petty if we had granted them the aforementioned logo and name?

Please note that I mean not to slight the NFL greats such as Unitas. I can be mighty stubborn and its my little way of thumbing my nose back at the city of Baltimore for their hypocritical and petty grievances.

That being said, it has always been my opinion that when an NFL franchise picks up and moves, they should leave the respective logos and team names behind as the city in which they resided had taken ownership of them. But then again, does anybody really think that Baltimore would be any less petty if we had granted them the aforementioned logo and name?

I respect "stubborness" and "thumbing your nose" at hypocricy 8)

Personally, I refuse to acknowledge Baltimore Colts until the city of Baltimore recognizes the Indianapolis Colts. To that end I say, there were no Baltimore Colts, only Baltimore players.

Eh, don't sink to their immature level. We're better than that. Nothing against people from Baltimore, but when it comes to this, we who have refused to accept that line of nonsense have proven to be a great deal more mentally capable and stable than those who view this organization in that light.

Eh, don't sink to their immature level. We're better than that. Nothing against people from Baltimore, but when it comes to this, we who have refused to accept that line of nonsense have proven to be a great deal more mentally capable and stable than those who view this organization in that light.

I know my opinion isn't popular with NFL purists, however I feel it is best not to pretend in any way that Indy's NFL franchise can lay claim to two Lombardi's. They (Baltimore) can contrive to pretend that Art Modell had something to do with the great Colts teams of the pre-Indy era.

In many ways, I pay homage to Baltimore by allowing them to retain possession of a Lombardi. It's theirs, they can have it. As they have been incapable of winning another. I imagine that this should bring them some solace.

Stooping to their level is not what I wish to accomplish. Rather, I am meeting them half way and conceding a trophy, the greatest prize of the NFL, back to them. Along with the hallowed greats such as Unitas and Berry, their respective records and all that occurred pre-1984. It's a divisive theology I engage in and considering the bitter vitriol spat out by their fanbase, I feel it is entirely appropriate to do so.

Well thanks for letting me know my input is welcome! Geez, I wouldn't have ever thought that without your reply, which btw, offered none of your own? :rolleyes2: :coltslogo:

You are so overly welcome, you wouldn't believe it.

I wasn't trying to talk down to you. It just seemed that people started correcting the OPs list, when it was just his favorites, not his list of the best ever. But, hey, I'm not the thought police, so point taken.

My input? I don't have time right now (maybe later) to cover every position, but will list a few favorites off the top of my head.

QB: Unitas

RB: Matte, or Lydell Mitchell, can't make up my mind. RB is my favorite position, and I can list quite a few of my favorites.

WR: Harrison

TE: Mackey

OT: Parker

DE: Bubba & Dwight

DT: Goose & Marchetti

LB: Curtis, Herrod, Bickett

K: Vinnie

You are so overly welcome, you wouldn't believe it.

I wasn't trying to talk down to you. It just seemed that people started correcting the OPs list, when it was just his favorites, not his list of the best ever. But, hey, I'm not the thought police, so point taken.

My input? I don't have time right now (maybe later) to cover every position, but will list a few favorites off the top of my head.

QB: Unitas

RB: Matte, or Lydell Mitchell, can't make up my mind. RB is my favorite position, and I can list quite a few of my favorites.

WR: Harrison

TE: Mackey

OT: Parker

DE: Bubba & Dwight

DT: Goose & Marchetti

LB: Curtis, Herrod, Bickett

K: Vinnie

No problems, I just seemed to be singled out when I was clearly not the only one who probably should have realized that the OP was giving his opinion based on his time as a Colt fan. It was wrong and I apologize to the OP for that.

Btw, I like your list and Lydell Mitchell was my second favorite player growing up...Bert Jones was my fave. :coltshorse:

My favorite is only Indianapolis Colts

QB- Peyton Manning, Jim Harbaugh, Jack Trudeau

RB- Edgerin James, Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk

FB- Rosevelt Potts

WR- Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Bill Brooks

TE- Dallas Clark, Marcus Pollard

OL- Tarik Glenn, Chris Hinton, Jeff Saturday, Ray Donaldson, Will Wolford

DL- Dwight Freeney, Tony Siragusa, Jon Hand, Robert Mathis

LB- O'Brien Alston, Jeff Herrod, Gary Brackett, Duane Bickett

DB- Ray Buchanan, Bob Sanders, Antoine bethea, Eugine Daniels

Well that is certainly Revisionist's History and both of your rights to feel the way you do...but since I had starting watching The Colts in the early 70's they did exist :coltshelmet:

[/qu

Does that offend you that the Baltimore Colts are involved? I was born in 1979 so all I know is Indianapolis Colts.

In many ways, I pay homage to Baltimore by allowing them to retain possession of a Lombardi. It's theirs, they can have it. As they have been incapable of winning another. I imagine that this should bring them some solace.

If you're talking about Baltimore (the city) winning a Super Bowl [and not the Baltimore Colts]... the 2000 Ravens won the Super Bowl.

My brother-in-law (being from Ohio) is a Browns fan, and according to him most of the Dog Pound Nation (himself included) feel robbed to this day by Baltimore; not just for taking their team (leaving the franchise behind) but for winning a Super Bowl five seasons after moving.

I'm not sure if I agree with your opinion of 'disowning' what the Colts players did in Baltimore, but I definitely respect it.