Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nfl.com Poll

Moncrief

Well I was just on NFL.com and saw the breaking news Stanton to Indy trade at the top. I scrolled down to see one of their many ridiculous polls and the poll said

• Which team's QB are you looking forward to watching most in Week 1?
  • Colts with Andrew Luck
  • Redskins with Robert Griffin III
  • Broncos with Peyton Manning
  • Jets with Mark Sanchez / Tim Tebow

• 13%
    Colts with Andrew Luck
  • 25%
    Redskins with Robert Griffin III
  • 48%
    Broncos with Peyton Manning
  • 13%
    Jets with Mark Sanchez / Tim Tebow

My question is why is nobody wanting to pay attention or look forward to what the number 1 pick will do?

Dont know for sure, but obviously Peyton would be up at the top with the injury, missed season, new team, expectations.

Surprised that Tebow/Sanchez didn't rate a little higher

Not sure but would guess Washington beat us out because of population, more people in that whole area than here in Indianapolis??

Well I was just on NFL.com and saw the breaking news Stanton to Indy trade at the top. I scrolled down to see one of their many ridiculous polls and the poll said

• Colts with Andrew Luck
  • Redskins with Robert Griffin III
  • Broncos with Peyton Manning
  • Jets with Mark Sanchez / Tim Tebow

• 13%
    Colts with Andrew Luck
  • 25%
    Redskins with Robert Griffin III
  • 48%
    Broncos with Peyton Manning
  • 13%
    Jets with Mark Sanchez / Tim Tebow

My question is why is nobody wanting to pay attention or look forward to what the number 1 pick will do?

Quite honestly...because Luck is kind of boring. He's solid, consistent, steady, effective but not spectacular. Doesn't have the "wow" factor of RG3. Doesn't have the humor or arguable G.O.A.T. status of Manning. Isn't playing in New York (Sanchez) or have a rabid fan following (Tebow). Not to knock Luck's skills as he is fitting of his standing as the consensus #1 pick but everything about him seems pretty white bread so far and that's gonna seem boring by comparison.

Also the fact that the Colts are expected to struggle next year probably also has alot to do with it. The other teams have more pieces and seem more likely to put entertaining teams on the field. We will see how it plays out though.

Quite honestly...because Luck is kind of boring. He's solid, consistent, steady, effective but not spectacular. Doesn't have the "wow" factor of RG3. Doesn't have the humor or arguable G.O.A.T. status of Manning. Isn't playing in New York (Sanchez) or have a rabid fan following (Tebow). Not to knock Luck's skills as he is fitting of his standing as the consensus #1 pick but everything about him seems pretty white bread so far and that's gonna seem boring by comparison.

Also the fact that the Colts are expected to struggle next year probably also has alot to do with it. The other teams have more pieces and seem more likely to put entertaining teams on the field. We will see how it plays out though.

Agreed, and also I think it would be nice if Andrew Luck didn't get all the attention, it isn't like Indy has been a media circus. Our dominance in the past decade I believe has gone unnoticed by sports people because we aren't a very flashy team or city. Most of the headlines now come from Irsay when he says something on Twitter.

Says it all right here. Well said

In addition to being a little boring, people also know Luck is going to be a very good solid player. With RG3, you don't know, he could be great, he cold be a bust. The unknown is always more interesting

Of course it's also very possible that if they tune in to watch the Redskins game, they may see Rex Grossman. Shanahan won't put him in the 1st game if he doesn't think he gives them the best chance to win.

Of course it's also very possible that if they tune in to watch the Redskins game, they may see Rex Grossman. Shanahan won't put him in the 1st game if he doesn't think he gives them the best chance to win.

There's absolutely no chance of that happening. You don't trade 3 first rounders to sit RG3 behind Rex Grossman.