Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Mock Draft, Post Stanford Pro Day

Free Agents to sign (cheap depth players)

CB Chris Carr

QB Billy Volek

TE Leonard Pope

OLB Philip Wheeler

Draft

1. QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

2. WR Rueben Randle, LSU

3. CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt

4. NT Josh Chapman, Alabama

4C. TE Ladarius Green, Louisiana-Lafayette

5. DE Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati

6. OLB Frank Alexander, Oklahoma

6C. OL Markus Zusevics, Iowa

7. WR Griff Whalen, Stanford

2mpheth.png

Why do people keep taking WR in the 2nd. We have 2 good starters and have many other needs. Take a receiver in the mid rounds and make him the 3rd and final starter. We have CB, NT, OG and even TE (if Tamme is gone) to worry about. Needs > Talent, especially if those needs are as good as the talent.

Why do people keep taking WR in the 2nd. We have 2 good starters and have many other needs. Take a receiver in the mid rounds and make him the 3rd and final starter. We have CB, NT, OG and even TE (if Tamme is gone) to worry about. Needs > Talent, especially if those needs are as good as the talent.

Tamme is gone, Mathis said it o. His twitter we. Someone listes lucks weapons, he said tamme is gone, sorry for the writing mistakes im writig from my ipod

CB Chris Carr

QB Billy Volek

TE Leonard Pope

OLB Philip Wheeler

Draft

2. WR Rueben Randle, LSU

2mpheth.png

I like it. I don't think we get the 6th Rd Comp, though, b/c of signing/releasing Kerry Collins, but other than that I think it's a good draft.

i would like the Colts to get Dorian Graham, Syracuse as an UDFA the day after the draft too.

Yes, fantastic WR corps.

Wayne - fine.

Collie - slot receiver who is frequently injured and susceptible to concussions.

White - missed the entirety of the 2011 season.

Cosby - made 6 receptions in 3 years.

Fayson - ?

Ross - ?

You really don't think WR is a priority?!

We say a WR in the second because history show that when you select a QB high in the draft you also draft him a weapon if you don't already have one. (Dalton-Green, Stafford-Pettigrew, Cutler-Sheffler, Palmer-Washington). Reggie is up in age and isn't as quick as he use to be so we need a young weapon to develop along side Luck. If we are going to invest in Luck and make him our franchise then we need to give him something. If they doubled Wayne, who does Luck throw to? We don't need to get him sacked all the time like David Carr because no one is open for him to throw to.

CB Chris Carr

QB Billy Volek

TE Leonard Pope

OLB Philip Wheeler

Draft

2. WR Rueben Randle, LSU

2mpheth.png

I do like it, if Stephen Hill falls to the 2nd I'd prefer him. However my question is does Chapman really have what it takes to be a solid 3-4 NT. He seems a little undersized now, doesn't mean they can't bulk him up but size wise in the pros is what I worry about. I know he was projected high but he kind of seems to have the injury bug.

EDIT: Also Tom Cruise, doh I mean Griff had a very nice pro-day. A bit undersized but good hands, good speed.

CB Chris Carr

QB Billy Volek

TE Leonard Pope

OLB Philip Wheeler

Draft

2. WR Rueben Randle, LSU

2mpheth.png

i personally like alshon jeffrey or mohamed sanu more than rueben randle with that #34..

If Hill is there take him. Or is Jeffery runs well at his pro day he is another great option. If both gone, I agree with you to an extent. Where I disagree with you is I think we are drafting a #2 receiver, not a #3. Collie had one productive season working out of the slot before concussion issues. Was not the same last year even when healthy. He is a #3 receiver. Streeter or Givens could develop into special players. Draft them now so they can use Wayne as the mentor.

Yes, fantastic WR corps.

Wayne - fine.

Collie - slot receiver who is frequently injured and susceptible to concussions.

White - missed the entirety of the 2011 season.

Cosby - made 6 receptions in 3 years.

Fayson - ?

Ross - ?

You really don't think WR is a priority?!

We have 2 good starters and White just didn't play much. We need a 3rd starter at the WR, but it's not as big as a need as CB or NT. I think we could get a good WR in the 3rd or 4th.