Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For Fun Let's...

Indeee

Rank QB's Worst to First. Forget statistics, just let's see where we all agree/disagree from a pure spectator standpoint.

32)  Chargers QB (?)

31) Mitchell Trubisky (Chi)

30) Dewayne Haskins (Wash)

29) Cam Newton (NE)

28) Drew Lock (DEN)

27) Ryan Fitzpatrick (Miami)

26) Joe Burrow (Cin) (Rook)

25) Teddy Bridgewater (Caro)

24) Garner Minshew (Jax)

23) Sam Darnold (NYJ)

22) Derrick Carr (LV)

21) Ryan Tannehill (Tenn)

20) Daniel Jones (NYG)

19) Jimmy Garapolo (SF)

18) Baker Mayfield (Cleve)

17) Carson Wentz (Philly)

16) Josh Allen (Buff)

15) Kirk Cousins (Minn)

14) Jared Goff (LAR)

13) Phillip Rivers (Colts)

12) Ben Rothlisberger (Pitt)

11) Matthew Stafford (Det)

10) Matt Ryan (ATL)

9) Deshaun Watson (Hou)

8) Kyler Murray (AZ)

7) Dakk Prescot

6) Tom Brady (TB)

5) Drew Brees (NO)

4) Russell Wilson (SEA)

3) Aaron Rodgers (GB)

2) Lamar Jackson (Balt)

1) Patrick Mahomes

• 2 months later...

@danlhart87 @EastStreet@2006Coltsbestever

I'm surprised that you all did not reply to this. You guys seem to like to rank players.

This may one of the hardest years to rank QBs. I had a hard time just picking top three. 

Wilson

Mahomes 

Rodgers

(A whole bunch from 4 to 20 in any order) then

(Everyone else) 

I'd like to say Teddy is among the second group, maybe closer to 20. Cousins and Rivers around 15 or so.

What does your list look like?

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@danlhart87 @EastStreet@2006Coltsbestever

I'm surprised that you all did not reply to this. You guys seem to like to rank players.

This may one of the hardest years to rank QBs. I had a hard time just picking top three. 

Wilson

Mahomes 

Rodgers

(A whole bunch from 4 to 20 in any order) then

(Everyone else) 

I'd like to say Teddy is among the second group, maybe closer to 20. Cousins and Rivers around 15 or so.

What does your list look like?

We did this IIRC a few months ago. I know I ranked all 32, and even some past 32. Somewhere, some thread,,,, lol

50 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We did this IIRC a few months ago. I know I ranked all 32, and even some past 32. Somewhere, some thread,,,, lol

Thanks. I noticed that this thread had no responses; so, I wondered why you, Dan, and 2006CBE had not responded. 

After Week 1, have your rankings changed?

After tomorrow's game, let me know what you think of Cousins. 

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I noticed that this thread had no responses; so, I wondered why you, Dan, and 2006CBE had not responded. 

After Week 1, have your rankings changed?

After tomorrow's game, let me know what you think of Cousins. 

Honestly I wouldn't rerank until after week 4. Especially new QBs, or QBs new to a team and/or scheme.

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Honestly I wouldn't rerank until after week 4. Especially new QBs, or QBs new to a team and/or scheme.

Yeah when you had your thread before the season my top 4 were:

1. Mahomes

2. Jackson

3. Rodgers

4. Wilson

-So nothing has changed. Some thought I had Rodgers a little high but after last week I may be right having him at #3.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah when you had your thread before the season my top 4 were:

1. Mahomes

2. Jackson

3. Rodgers

4. Wilson

-So nothing has changed. Some thought I had Rodgers a little high but after last week I may be right having him at #3.

I know I had Mahomes 1, Jackson top 5, Wilson up there, but Rodgers not up that far. 

Regardless of 1 week, it's going to take at least 4ish games for me to reevaluate my picks. QBs have ups and downs.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I know I had Mahomes 1, Jackson top 5, Wilson up there, but Rodgers not up that far. 

Regardless of 1 week, it's going to take at least 4ish games for me to reevaluate my picks. QBs have ups and downs.

Yeah I think Brees was your other QB in the top 4, I can't remember but if so that is still a strong pick.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think Brees was your other QB in the top 4, I can't remember but if so that is still a strong pick.

Yup, I'm sure I had old man Brees up there. All he does is continue to win and be efficient. Not the best game in terms of yards last week for him, but IIRC, highly efficient with 2 TDs and zero INTs. He certainly outplayed the GOAT lol.

14 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Here's my top 4

1. Mahomes 

2. Wilson 

3. Rodgers 

4. Jackson 

Jackson hasn't won a thing to be top 3!

My sentiments exactly.  I would add Watson at #5.  Wilson is sneaky good.  Consistently very underrated.  Looking back, if the Colts woulda drafted him instead of.........nah.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

We played soft as hell though in terms of cushion. We're playing closer to the line today. And seems we're blitzing more. Shocked on both accounts.

Before the end of the game, Cousins may throw TDs and have lots of passing yards that will make his stats look good. I tell folks that they have to watch him play to understand why fans like myself are not pleased with him. What I hate most is that he cannot help the team sustain drives. 

Ok. Later. Enjoy the rest of the game. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Before the end of the game, Cousins may throw TDs and have lots of passing yards that will make his stats look good. I tell folks that they have to watch him play to understand why fans like myself are not pleased with him. What I hate most is that he cannot help the team sustain drives. 

Ok. Later. Enjoy the rest of the game. 

@EastStreet Congrats on the win. I posted this earlier but I hid it because I should not have been talking about the game in a separate thread. Now that the game is over, I can. So, what did you think? If he was playing for the Colts, what would you think?

17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@EastStreet Congrats on the win. I posted this earlier but I hid it because I should not have been talking about the game in a separate thread. Now that the game is over, I can. So, what did you think? If he was playing for the Colts, what would you think?

Thank you sir. It was ugly for you I know. 

He was bad no doubt, but boy did I feel sorry for him. Jefferson was the only WR getting any separation at all. Thielen didn't look good at all. My buddy Kyle dropped off the earth. They made our DBs look like pro bowlers lol. Is you OL that bad? Also, your DL made GBs team win the PFF OL of the week in W1. Colts OL of the week W2? lol. 

I honestly expected a very close game.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Thank you sir. It was ugly for you I know. 

He was bad no doubt, but boy did I feel sorry for him. Jefferson was the only WR getting any separation at all. Thielen didn't look good at all. My buddy Kyle dropped off the earth. They made our DBs look like pro bowlers lol. Is you OL that bad? Also, your DL made GBs team win the PFF OL of the week in W1. Colts OL of the week W2? lol. 

I honestly expected a very close game.

Lol. Our DL is a mess. The top three guys from our DL last year are either with other teams or on IR. The DL would look a lot better with Danielle Hunter. He is out until at least game 4. We had signed a DT Michael Pierce to replace Linval Joseph but he opted out (COVID opt out). And not having had much practice is difficult for a team with all these new parts. (I see that Yannick N has not done much.)

Having said all that, the offense could do a better job at sustaining drives to keep the defense off the field. Cousins and company can't seem to do that.

The Vikes should not have traded Diggs. He and Thielen played well together. Now, Cousins looks  to pass to Thielen most of the time.

Enjoy the win. 

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. Our DL is a mess. The top three guys from our DL last year are either with other teams or on IR. The DL would look a lot better with Danielle Hunter. He is out until at least game 4. We had signed a DT Michael Pierce to replace Linval Joseph but he opted out (COVID opt out). And not having had much practice is difficult for a team with all these new parts. (I see that Yannick N has not done much.)

Having said all that, the offense could do a better job at sustaining drives to keep the defense off the field. Cousins and company can't seem to do that.

The Vikes should not have traded Diggs. He and Thielen played well together. Now, Cousins looks  to pass to Thielen most of the time.

Enjoy the win. 

I'd worry more about the OL than losing Diggs. Big loss no question, but I think in time  you're going to like Jefferson. 

Did you see Teddy was 33/42 for 367, 0 TDs and 2 INTs. There there is a Philip River's week 1 performance lol. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I'd worry more about the OL than losing Diggs. Big loss no question, but I think in time  you're going to like Jefferson. 

Did you see Teddy was 33/42 for 367, 0 TDs and 2 INTs. There there is a Philip River's week 1 performance lol. 

Lol. Teddy did better than Cousins. 

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. Teddy did better than Cousins. 

Yes, but not by a lot. Still a sub 40 QBR. He simply had more yards. I was mainly comparing Teddy's game today to Rivers last week, as they are almost identical. Teddy had 3 turnovers today at key times, and Cousins had 3 as well. Teddy also has a better surrounding cast on O. Better OL, the best single weapon (McCaff) in the NFL, and some pretty decent WRs.

24 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yes, but not by a lot. Still a sub 40 QBR. He simply had more yards. I was mainly comparing Teddy's game today to Rivers last week, as they are almost identical. Teddy had 3 turnovers today at key times, and Cousins had 3 as well. Teddy also has a better surrounding cast on O. Better OL, the best single weapon (McCaff) in the NFL, and some pretty decent WRs.

He had a better completion % too. But, I'm just kidding. Teddy did not play well from what I read. Maybe I will watch the game on Game Pass to get a feel of how he played. 

I think continuity is something that people undervalue. Teddy is new to the Panthers. I expect him to play better as the weeks pass. On the Vikings, the only change on offense is Jefferson instead of Diggs. Cousins looked lost out there. He had 3 TOs and a safety (which I see as a TO). He never looked in control. Diggs helped the offense more than anyone gives him credit. 

I want us to draft a QB. I have wanted this since Teddy got hurt. I would prefer developing Josh Rosen than pay big bucks to Cousins. Anyway, I'm rambling. Lol

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He had a better completion % too. But, I'm just kidding. Teddy did not play well from what I read. Maybe I will watch the game on Game Pass to get a feel of how he played. 

I think continuity is something that people undervalue. Teddy is new to the Panthers. I expect him to play better as the weeks pass. On the Vikings, the only change on offense is Jefferson instead of Diggs. Cousins looked lost out there. He had 3 TOs and a safety (which I see as a TO). He never looked in control. Diggs helped the offense more than anyone gives him credit. 

I want us to draft a QB. I have wanted this since Teddy got hurt. I would prefer developing Josh Rosen than pay big bucks to Cousins. Anyway, I'm rambling. Lol

I think more than anything, y'all need to invest in OL first before spending big draft capital on a QB or big $ in FA.

I feel your pain though. I know you like TBw. At the end of the day though, both MN and the Panthers are 0-2. All 4 losses are to pretty good teams.

But you're right, Diggs is a big loss. I think it's a short term loss though. Cousins would definitely be looking better if he were still around.

On 7/17/2020 at 7:43 AM, Indeee said:

Rank QB's Worst to First. Forget statistics, just let's see where we all agree/disagree from a pure spectator standpoint.

32)  Chargers QB (?)

31) Mitchell Trubisky (Chi)

30) Dewayne Haskins (Wash)

29) Cam Newton (NE)

28) Drew Lock (DEN)

27) Ryan Fitzpatrick (Miami)

26) Joe Burrow (Cin) (Rook)

25) Teddy Bridgewater (Caro)

24) Garner Minshew (Jax)

23) Sam Darnold (NYJ)

22) Derrick Carr (LV)

21) Ryan Tannehill (Tenn)

20) Daniel Jones (NYG)

19) Jimmy Garapolo (SF)

18) Baker Mayfield (Cleve)

17) Carson Wentz (Philly)

16) Josh Allen (Buff)

15) Kirk Cousins (Minn)

14) Jared Goff (LAR)

13) Phillip Rivers (Colts)

12) Ben Rothlisberger (Pitt)

11) Matthew Stafford (Det)

10) Matt Ryan (ATL)

9) Deshaun Watson (Hou)

8) Kyler Murray (AZ)

7) Dakk Prescot

6) Tom Brady (TB)

5) Drew Brees (NO)

4) Russell Wilson (SEA)

3) Aaron Rodgers (GB)

2) Lamar Jackson (Balt)

1) Patrick Mahomes

Dak #7?? He is. Basically Cousins. Garbage time stats

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think more than anything, y'all need to invest in OL first before spending big draft capital on a QB or big $ in FA.

I feel your pain though. I know you like TBw. At the end of the day though, both MN and the Panthers are 0-2. All 4 losses are to pretty good teams.

But you're right, Diggs is a big loss. I think it's a short term loss though. Cousins would definitely be looking better if he were still around.

I don't like spending a lot of money in free agency unless it is to re-sign guys that we drafted or signed as UDFAs. I like Ballard's approach. I liked my GM's approach to building a team until he signed Cousins for all that money. That is what caused us to lose the continuity we had on defense. Many of us predicted that we would not be able to retain some of our players... I had preferred drafting a QB. Spending huge bucks on a QB makes it hard to retain guys you developed. Unless a guy can do a lot on his own like Rodgers, Mahomes, and Wilson, I don't want to pay him more than 15% of the team cap. 

As for OL, we have been investing in OL the last few years. Perhaps we aren't drafting the right guys. In 2017, we drafted G/C Pat Elflein out of Ohio State; he went to the Pro Bowl his first year and has been awful since.  In 2018, we drafted RT Brian O'Neill and another OL. O'Neill has been pretty good. I like him a lot.

In 2019, we drafted C Garrett Bradbury, G Dru Samia, and another OT.  We also signed a few OL in free agency, including Riley Reiff. 

Did you say you were friends with Rudy? Ask him what he thinks. :)

Archived