Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wr, Tight End.....who? How?

oldunclemark

IMO it doesn't make sense for them to not go after Wallace.

The same reason teams did not go after DJax with the Eagles last year when they slapped the franchise tag on him. Teams do not like to go after guys that tend to put themselves in the forefront as prima donnas instead of dealing with things in the background with their team.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TE:

1. Fleener @ 34 if there. ** I think we have to take him if he there.. big TE and he and Luck work together

2. Egnew 3rd maybe 4th.. analyst say he is like Graham and Grnowski

3. Green 4th- 6th

4. Hanna 6th-7th

WR: go to WR if Fleenr is not avaiable @ 34

1. Hill if there in 2nd

2. Sanu if there in the 2nd

** deep choices further down

AJ Jenkins, Brian Quirk, Jordan White,Boyles, Givens ,Randle, Streeter, Jones,( Owusu * concerns here with Concusions) etc... 4th - 7th rnds

bountiful plenty this year in the draft!

The same reason teams did not go after DJax with the Eagles last year when they slapped the franchise tag on him. Teams do not like to go after guys that tend to put themselves in the forefront as prima donnas instead of dealing with things in the background with their team.

I suppose...some cases are more extreme than others but I think he may be worth it. Signing both Wallace and Clark would create a very solid receiveing core allowing the Broncos to focus on their secondary, run game, and eventually Manning's replacement in the drafts to come as Manning slowly eases towards the end of his career. Instead of just hoping that Thomas will turn out into a true No. 1 WR

If i were Andrew Luck, i would think twice about the Colts.

LOL ... I would guess that nearly every team in NFL history that has taken a QB for the #1 overall pick at a bad year the previous season! These guys arent Mcy-ds fry cooks that you make them out to be - they know how to coach and have been hired based on qualifications. Who ever we pick wont come into a 14-2 team and if they come in and are ready to learn nor will it be a 2-14 team.

Is Eldrigde under contact? Clark and Tamme are not

You need 3 tight ends, right?

..so we need 2....or 3 ...

our roster is a little light on the catching boys

Not sure if Brody is under contract or not. This year will be his 3rd so I think he's still in his rookie contract.

I mean Colts are doing a complete clean up. Everyone is new from players to coaches to fo. And we dont know if they would work. First time coach. First time GM. Unless he has lots of patience, Red skins appears to be a good team to me at this point. Mike Shanahan is a quality SB winning coach.

Why would you think twice the colts have Mathis, freeney, redding who was one of the best at his position last year, Tom, Bethea, pat, and not to mention a player whos definitely getting better in Nevis.

The colts also have a very young GOOD offensive line that will get better... idk about you but ad a young QB that is the type of team I wanna be on.

LOL ... I would guess that nearly every team in NFL history that has taken a QB for the #1 overall pick at a bad year the previous season! These guys arent Mcy-ds fry cooks that you make them out to be - they know how to coach and have been hired based on qualifications. Who ever we pick wont come into a 14-2 team and if they come in and are ready to learn nor will it be a 2-14 team.

Really just like Jim Caldwell?. Gotcha.

No difference in the challenge. Luck likes challenges. Luck was unafraid to join a previously poor-performing team to make it better.

Luck joined the 1-11 Stanford team. He did make it better, much better. 4 years later, Stanford went 11-2.

I expect Luck to accept the challenge of joining the 2-14 Colts team when he is drafted.

I expect him to make it better, much better.

I like the Frog guy. :D

I mean Colts are doing a complete clean up. Everyone is new from players to coaches to fo. And we dont know if they would work. First time coach. First time GM. Unless he has lots of patience, Red skins appears to be a good team to me at this point. Mike Shanahan is a quality SB winning coach.

Yes, why would he want to come to a team that has been a winner for 12 years, had one bad year because their QB went down, and the owner thinks so highly of you he is willing to get rid of one the greatests players of all time so you can play immediately?

When Elway and Eli refused to play for the Colts and Chargers it was because those teams had a history of ownership that was not committed to winning. Jim Irsay is nothing like his father, he has always been committed to the Colts being a winning franchise. Elway had leverage with the Yankees and everyone knew San Diego wanted Rivers over Eli, and SD knew the Giants wanted Eli. They thought they could get more players if they drafted Eli and trade him, which they did.

Andrew Luck has seen this complete clean up before, at Stanford.

He chose to join Stanford after Stanford posted a 1-11 season, fired its old HC, and hired a new HC in Jim Harbaugh.

4 years later, after red-shirting his freshman year, he leaves Stanford with a 31-7 record, as the winningest QB in its history.

Right On... and this Colt O next season is not going to be nearly as bad as many think.. In fact I am a bit excited to get the season going and see it in action.

Chap stated earlier today on the DD's show he thinks Indy will go WR or perhaps TE with the second round pick.

But guys..how 'bout those recievers and tight ends we can grab up...

...we need big time speed to compliment Collie and Wayne

..and where's our 6-foot-7 Gronk-style tight end>

Well Mark,since everyone says the wr crop is deep this year,I would draft Fleener(te) with our 2nd pick if he's still there,maybe even move up a little to secure him..And then draft a speedy WR in the 3rd.I would also look for another wr in the later rounds.