Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton Homeless??

King Colt

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Cam is a better version of a Vick

Vick was faster and had a quicker release.  I think he threw a prettier ball than Cam and was better in the open field.  Cam is a much better goalline threat due to his size and strength.

I'd say Cam is a bigger version of Vick, not necessarily better.  But I'm kinda biased.  I think Vick may have been the most athletically gifted QB ever.  He just didn't have the common sense and football IQ of a Peyton Manning to go with it.  :(

11 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Vick was faster and had a quicker release.  I think he threw a prettier ball than Cam and was better in the open field.  Cam is a much better goalline threat due to his size and strength.

I'd say Cam is a bigger version of Vick, not necessarily better.  But I'm kinda biased.  I think Vick may have been the most athletically gifted QB ever.  He just didn't have the common sense and football IQ of a Peyton Manning to go with it.  :(

perhaps, but that wasnt my point. my point was that highly athletic QBs that rely a TON on their out of pocket moves, generally have a much shorter career. Whether that be from injuries or slowing down with father time catching up. Sure this is not 100%, nothing ever is, but Newton for sure falls into it if you look at it.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

perhaps, but that wasnt my point. my point was that highly athletic QBs that rely a TON on their out of pocket moves, generally have a much shorter career. Whether that be from injuries or slowing down with father time catching up. Sure this is not 100%, nothing ever is, but Newton for sure falls into it if you look at it.

True.  Even Luck kinda fell into that category, always holding onto the ball too long and using his legs to try and make a play.

Makes you wonder how long guys like Wilson, Mahomes, and Jackson will be able to keep it up.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

True.  Even Luck kinda fell into that category, always holding onto the ball too long and using his legs to try and make a play.

Makes you wonder how long guys like Wilson, Mahomes, and Jackson will be able to keep it up.

historically speaking, probably not.

5 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

They need to learn to us their legs wisely.  Wilson is getting that message.  He will scramble and then he will slide.  These guys need to learn to avoid as many of the big hits as possible.  But he can also kill you on a designed run play when the defense gets lazy.

Wilson has been doing this for quite some time now so I would think he might be the guy to pattern your game after if you are an athletic QB.

23 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

i like watching lamar, one of the most exiting guys playing now. he has a lot in common with cam.  

he will probably have a similar career, already has an mvp and is on a team good enough to make a super bowl run.  they wont play as long as peyton or brady but very good careers in their own right 

a lot of fans write these guys off or dont want to draft them because they wont play until 40

On 3/27/2020 at 12:27 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Wilson and Mahomes II will fare better than Jackson and some others more similar to Lamar.  These two have extensive baseball backgrounds, especially Russell.  Patrick's dad was a Major League pitcher.  They both know to to slide properly, and also when when to slide/duck/avoid the throw to first on a double play attempt.  This transfers to slide in the NFL to avoid big hits.  Other QB's don't learn this trait well growing up in football, and also seem to be more inclined to be a 'tough guy' and grind a couple more yards, or try to twitch out of a tackle.

Cam's game is to use his legs often, not just throw or hand off, and the hits pile up.  There's only so much gas in the tank. It's prudent to wonder how much Cam has left in his.

On 3/28/2020 at 2:17 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Wilson and Mahomes II will fare better than Jackson and some others more similar to Lamar.  These two have extensive baseball backgrounds, especially Russell.  Patrick's dad was a Major League pitcher.  They both know to to slide properly, and also when when to slide/duck/avoid the throw to first on a double play attempt.  This transfers to slide in the NFL to avoid big hits.  Other QB's don't learn this trait well growing up in football, and also seem to be more inclined to be a 'tough guy' and grind a couple more yards, or try to twitch out of a tackle.

Cam's game is to use his legs often, not just throw or hand off, and the hits pile up.  There's only so much gas in the tank. It's prudent to wonder how much Cam has left in his.

Agreed. Those two also try to stay in the pocket if they can help it. The running is more of a necessity from poor oline protection. 

Archived