Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Prepare for NO NFL Football this year.

ThorstenDenmark

47 minutes ago, Shive said:

Which is completely insane to me. Ease restrictions so people can jam into churches, share a single thing of wine, exploding the infection rate yet again, and completely starting this over again. 

I don't understand what the beef is, but I hardly ever do with what he says. 

He's not President Xi commanding that people go to church on Easter.  The way I took it is that he's simply HOPING that the social gathering restriction can be lifted so that churches can reopen if they choose to.  I would assume each church and attendee would continue to have proper hygienic practices in place like they have.  I wouldn't make that assumption about the average NYC subway user tho. 

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

My mom said when she went to Walmart there wasn’t a lot of people but there was quite a few elderly. One guy had his scooter and didn’t look like he had a care in the world. Now I live in northern Indiana in Allen County. We have only had 7 confirmed cases. It seems the Indy area has most of the cases. 

I'm concerned about Indiana.  Our death toll is about same that Illinois has.

Positive tests all over the state.  true most confirmed in Indianapolis and collar counties but I'd bet that's where most of the testing is happening

https://coronavirus.in.gov/

Listening to the governor, he sounds very concerned.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I wouldn't make that assumption about the average NYC subway user tho. 

Wow

21 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I wouldn't make that assumption about the average NYC subway user tho. 

I tend to overlook your comments because they are so inane. But most are also bigoted. 

I'll stop there before I am flagged/reported. 

23 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Positive tests all over the state.  true most confirmed in Indianapolis and collar counties but I'd bet that's where most of the testing is happening

Wow

The comment I was responding to suggested that churches share a common wine thing, possibly passing a bottle like a bunch of rubes.  I think they tend to each have their own glass and use napkins and Kleenex and such. 

I'd assume the handrails on the average NYC subway staircase, rail car, and taxi/uber door handle, have a fair amount of dried bodily fluids on them. 

Back in the day, there was a reason why David Letterman used to call winter the "frozen spit season" in NYC, LOL.  Maybe that has something to do with the infection rate in NYC, not that you'd ever hear a scientist or politician say it.

43 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't understand what the beef is, but I hardly ever do with what he says. 

He's not President Xi commanding that people go to church on Easter.  The way I took it is that he's simply HOPING that the social gathering restriction can be lifted so that churches can reopen if they choose to.  I would assume each church and attendee would continue to have proper hygienic practices in place like they have.  I wouldn't make that assumption about the average NYC subway user tho. 

Personally, I always look at him comments through the lens of  "what does he have to gain". I see the Easter comments as him trying to leverage a holiday that is important to Christians as a reason to want to ease restrictions. I don't think it's any coincidence that as soon as his clubs were forced to close, he started talking about easing restrictions. Not to mention, the only thing he really had to hang his hat on was the "strong economy", which is currently in shambles, and we have an election approaching.

He's not commanding people to go to church, but citing it as a reason to want to open things back up is asinine.

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The comment I was responding to suggested that churches share a common wine thing, possibly passing a bottle like a bunch of rubes.  I think they tend to each have their own glass and use napkins and Kleenex and such.

At any Catholic church I've been to in my life, that's been the case. Everyone gets in line, sips out of the same communion cup (which gets wiped off with a cloth) and gets a Jesus wafer placed in their hand or mouth.

I don't see why you hold someone that uses public transportation in such a terrible light, but to assume that someone that uses public transportation like the NYC subway is some kind of unhygienic cretin is bigoted and ignorant.

I too am ready to just block you so I don't have to see your senseless drivel.

27 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'd assume the handrails on the average NYC subway staircase, rail car, and taxi/uber door handle, have a fair amount of dried bodily fluids on them. 

Back in the day, there was a reason why David Letterman used to call winter the "frozen spit season" in NYC, LOL.  Maybe that has something to do with the infection rate in NYC, not that you'd ever hear a scientist or politician say it.

Further thinly veiled stereotypes will result in suspension or termination of your posting privileges here.

Whether people like it or not things will have to be slowly opened back up soon. The country cant sustain more then a few weeks. People will riot. Crime will rise.  We will get temporary relief to hold things down until around Easter but this can’t go on for months. It just can’t. Some things like large gatherings ect will still not happen . But as far as the economy and retail a plan is going to have to be put in place soon. We are going to have to keep up with the social distancing and make plans so things can get back to normal.  The mayor of LA has said if businesses don’t shut down he will have their utilities cut off. What kind of nation is that. They like the control they have right now we will see how long Americans put up with or before they say enough is enough. At some point soon the economy has to start back up again.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Whether people like it or not things will have to be slowly opened back up soon. The country cant sustain more then a few weeks. People will riot. Crime will rise.  We will get temporary relief to hold things down until around Easter but this can’t go on for months. It just can’t. Some things like large gatherings ect will still not happen . But as far as the economy and retail a plan is going to have to be put in place soon. We are going to have to keep up with the social distancing and make plans so things can get back to normal.  The mayor of LA has said if businesses don’t shut down he will have their utilities cut off. What kind of nation is that. They like the control they have right now we will see how long Americans put up with or before they say enough is enough. At some point soon the economy has to start back up again.

hold up stop GIF

11 minutes ago, Nadine said:

More amazing Americans volunteering to help New Yorkers cope with the stress

My colleague shared that telephone number with the rest of our staff so that we can share with clients who are having difficulty coping at this time. Many older adults are feeling isolated because they cannot go to senior centers and many have family out of state and friends have died. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

My colleague shared that telephone number with the rest of our staff so that we can share with clients who are having difficulty coping at this time. Many older adults are feeling isolated because they cannot go to senior centers and many have family out of state and friends have died. 

We check in with daily with a few older couples from Church and my 96 yo Great Aunt by phone daily

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Wow

We had 16 new cases here in SW Indiana and Western Ky today

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Someone wondered why pet shelters were still open and I wondered if some people were adopting.  My niece has two cats that she cannot keep if she stays with my sister.  I suggested my mom.  I know I enjoy the one creature on this earth doesn't have to social distance me!

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

We check in with daily with a few older couples from Church and my 96 yo Great Aunt by phone daily

It means a lot to know that someone is thinking of you. 

11 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Someone wondered why pet shelters were still open and I wondered if some people were adopting.  My niece has two cats that she cannot keep if she stays with my sister.  I suggested my mom.  I know I enjoy the one creature on this earth doesn't have to social distance me!

It means a lot to know that someone is thinking of you. 

I do think this is a great time to adopt, at least remotely after you fill out an application. You can have 1 person from the shelter (or breeder) meet with you outside an enclosure where you can meet the pet inside it practicing social distancing. WHO says dogs cannot get Covid-19, and I am sure pets help a LOT with reducing the stress during these times, cannot think of a better thing to do especially with schools closed for who knows how long.

In fact, we have adopted one, a miniature Aussie Shepherd, will post pics soon. :)  We finally decided it was time. My daughter's friends, at least a couple of them adopted, and we joined in on the action.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

57 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

hold up stop GIF

Exactly what did Chloe say that caused this reaction? Of course our economy has to be opened up soon; even Gov. Cuomo is saying that. The timing will depend entirely upon how fast the curve if flattened, and we won't have a good feel for that for perhaps another two weeks or so. 

My 28 and 32 year old sons have been doing well in their respective, self employed careers......until it all came crashing down over the virus. They may be unemployed for quite some time if things don't get back up and running soon. And they will unfortunately be far from alone. The argument that AT SOME POINT, the cure is worse than the illness is going to be all too true. 

So lets give each other a break here when someone points out the obvious; its not a Trump thing to say that our long term economic viability as a nation is at risk, and that we have to be smart about the reaction to the virus. That's just a fact. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Exactly what did Chloe say that caused this reaction? Of course our economy has to be opened up soon; even Gov. Cuomo is saying that. The timing will depend entirely upon how fast the curve if flattened, and we won't have a good feel for that for perhaps another two weeks or so. 

My 28 and 32 year old sons have been doing well in their respective, self employed careers......until it all came crashing down over the virus. They may be unemployed for quite some time if things don't get back up and running soon. And they will unfortunately be far from alone. The argument that AT SOME POINT, the cure is worse than the illness is going to be all too true. 

So lets give each other a break here when someone points out the obvious; its not a Trump thing to say that our long term economic viability as a nation is at risk, and that we have to be smart about the reaction to the virus. That's just a fact. 

Thank you.

NY had been reporting almost 100 new deaths a day. If everything is updated already which I am not sure it is there is only 14 new deaths today. That is a huge improvement. Even states as big as CA had single digit deaths today. 

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I'm only aware of the credible study (not clinical) coming from France.  I don't know if the other studies you speak of that countered the positivity from that study were from a credible doctor like the well-respected French doctor.  I said before, political fissures have begun to develop and there is a good chance that these other studies are simply mentioned now to support the political criticism of Trump being inappropriately positive. 

Nadine had posted it before-

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/hydroxychloroquine-no-better-than-regular-covid-19-care-in-study

The problem is both studies were very small.  The Chinese study is not large enough to consider differences between men and women, does not have control for antibiotics, and provides no information on secondary bacterial infections.

At this point, the only two studies that matter are the French study that started this and the Fauchi clinic trials that will either support or not. 

And the other trial mentioned. 

In the French study, it was open and not blind for one, and there was no control group. I'm sure experts found more flaws.

http://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

No matter what trials say however, the drug will be administered even if it mildly thwarts the replication of the virus within the body, keeping more ventilators free and available.

Sure, docs will likely throw the kitchen sink at this thing as long as they don't feel they are possibly, at times, making things worse.

The is also another cautionary issue in that potential usage of any widespread repurposed, off label use of anti-infective drugs is the unintended consequences that might create a rise in resistance to these compounds by parasites and bacteria for which they were originally intended to target.

Medical professionals were not elected, so they won't decide to enforce or lift restriction policies.  They only advise, and every medical professional would want everybody inside for 3 years until the virus was completely eliminated.

The decision will probably be based upon projected mortality rates in any given area, which will have a lot to do with population density, number of beds and ventilators locally available.   Sounds like NYC and maybe New Orleans is in trouble. 

As should be, let the medical experts inform the government experts so they weigh that with everything else (non-medical) and then make the (hopefully) best decision(s).

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

What if we are fighting a prolonged battle we cannot win with flattening the curve of new infections?? I still think there needs to be more resources in certain clusters and selective shutdowns. 

Hotbeds should get resources, but other less impacted areas can't themselves become hotbeds either.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Kentucky has done a remarkable job compared to its neighbors TN and IN, and the high rates of smoking and other illnesses made their population a high risk target for Covid-19, they closed down a week or two earlier than TN and IN, but when is it really going to be good enough to resume some normalcy??? You can never make a cinch of an argument or judgement, even when numbers are in your favor. You are still playing the odds for a while, IMO.

To put it crudely, shut down more states than necessary, have 5,000 deaths and hurt the economy and the backbone of the country even more hurting millions of families or shut down fewer states, letting governors choose what to do with their state, whether to reopen work places or not, have a semblance of a normal economy and have 15,000 deaths while just hurting thousands of families?? Are those our choices??

I may have enough rainy day funds worth 3 months of paychecks but millions of Americans do not. I am just thinking out loud because these are hard choices to make.

I feel the parts/vehicle of the economy machine should slow way down (forbearance of payments, etc) until the drivers (consumers) of the economy have been relieved of imposed constraints.  That's my opinion.  I feel once new infection rates start to drop, then the economy will be poised to bounce back... as long as there is no credit issues (like the housing crisis).

36 minutes ago, Nadine said:

More amazing Americans volunteering to help New Yorkers cope with the stress

:thmup:

On 3/23/2020 at 4:54 AM, Narcosys said:

Once the cold weather passes, this virus will die out swiftly. You're looking at probably May-June to see things drastically decline and likely be over.

There is not one shred of evidence supporting that claim and on top of that we don't enforce adherence to rules like China does. The US could be hit harder than Italy before it is over. 

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

There is not one shred of evidence supporting that claim and on top of that we don't enforce adherence to rules like China does. The US could be hit harder than Italy before it is over. 

Also,   China lies.  They have way more cases than they are reporting

Just now, Swan Ronson said:

That's a bit rich considering the current occupant of the White House. 

I don't talk politics on here.   However,  the president isn't in charge of releasing new cases and new deaths.    So, stupid comparison

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't talk politics on here.   However,  the president isn't in charge of releasing new cases and new deaths.    So, stupid comparison

You've talked politics in this very thread.

The Trump administration couldn't lie straight in bed, so you're going to get called out accusing China of lying.

Or is one politics but not the other?

3 minutes ago, Swan Ronson said:

The Trump administration couldn't lie straight in bed, so you're going to get called out accusing China of lying.

Why I don't disagree with some of this, the medical community is certainly questioning China's methods of counting.

6 minutes ago, Swan Ronson said:

China has reported no new outbreaks today.   ZERO.  It started there,  they have over a billion people, and no new outbreaks.   You don't need to be columbo to figure it out.   Also,  where have I talked politics in this thread. 

53 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Sorry what I should of said  deaths are down 75% today compared to yesterday in NY.  New cases are also down. Going to be interesting to follow that. Especially since they started those trials yesterday. Doctor said on tv they are seeing less cases in NY that require hospital.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sorry what I should of said  deaths are down 75% today compared to yesterday in NY.  New cases are also down. Going to be interesting to follow that. Especially since they started those trials yesterday. Doctor said on tv they are seeing less cases in NY that require hospital.

One swallow does not an end of pandemic make. Other countries saw similar dips followed by ramp ups on subsequent days. 

Do you ever own when you state something as fact and get it debunked? I mean it's happened a lot in this topic and you conveniently ignore it. Then you wonder why people get frustrated with you. 

4 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

One swallow does not an end of pandemic make. Other countries saw similar dips followed by ramp ups on subsequent days. 

Do you ever own when you state something as fact and get it debunked? I mean it's happened a lot in this topic and you conveniently ignore it. Then you wonder why people get frustrated with you. 

the problem is even if the cases are slowing in NY they aren’t in other parts of the country

There were 16 new cases in SW Indiana and Western Ky. and about 100 new cases in Indiana today

One of the Ky cases was a 21 yo who got at a Coronavirus party

Archived