Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Prepare for NO NFL Football this year.

ThorstenDenmark

What Trump was saying is we put everything on pause to get the supply chain up and come up with a plan to protect the most vulnerable. He talked about how you can still do everything like the social distancing and hand washing while working. We can take precautions and do things to protect ourselves and the most vulnerable and get the economy working again. It’s not all or nothing. We can do two things at once. You can reccomend certain sectors avoid crowds. We can find away to protect the vulnerable while they are at work.  We will fine the balance to do so.  Things we can’t do for awhile are huge crowds like concerts and sporting events. But work we will figure out the balance. I imagine schools will stay closed the rest of the year  also.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nadine said:

I'm so sorry.

Hopefully both evolve to something more sustainable.

I know what you mean about taking things for granted.

My mom lives far from me and I had planned on visiting in march when all this broke.  Also planned on visiting my husbands 'cousin' she's 92 and living alone. 

Now I wish I had gone in February

My mom keeps 'popping out' to the store.  I don't even want to think about what will happen if she gets sick.  Maybe it's a good thing my sister has this virus.  I wish they had a test so we could know for sure that she's had it.  Then she could spend time with mom

My 80-year-old mother is actually taking it better than her children are. I thought it would be difficult to keep her from going to church and from having her friends come over to visit, but she is taking it well. 

My siblings, my mother and I had planned to travel to Atlanta in May for my nephew's graduation. We purchased our plane tickets early. Now, we will not go. I don't think we will be over this by mid-May. I heard the President say by Easter, we will loosen restrictions. I doubt it. 

We were also going to have a mini-reunion in Florida to commemorate my Uncle's 40th wedding anniversary. That probably won't take place anymore. :( But we can always celebrate later. We have to take all precautions now to avoid getting infected and infecting others. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

My 80-year-old mother is actually taking it better than her children are. I thought it would be difficult to keep her from going to church and from having her friends come over to visit, but she is taking it well. 

Well and she's lived thru a lot worse than this. The kids are the ones panicking because they're finally not getting what they want.

Oh lord help bestow us toilet paper at affordable prices!

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wasn’t talking about schools. Was talking about work and the economy. Yes I know schools are out. My niece and nephew usually come to my house when there is no school but my sister is making them stay home. 

The economy  is still happening for the most part.   Wait staff and bartenders are hurt the most.   And no restaurants and bars will not be open in two weeks

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

The economy  is still happening for the most part.   Wait staff and bartenders are hurt the most.   And no restaurants and bars will not be open in two weeks

I am fine keeping it carryout or drive through. As long as they can make money. I have noticed most governors struck a good balance shutting things down. Most things are still essential. The gov in Cali though went a little to far.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am fine keeping it carryout or drive through. As long as they can make money. I have noticed most governors struck a good balance shutting things down. Most things are still essential. The gov in Cali though went a little to far.

Politicians in California always go too far,   except for the homeless defecating in the streets.   They seem to be fine with that

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Politicians in California always go too far,   except for the homeless defecating in the streets.   They seem to be fine with that

I had a email from a company that ships out of CA. All their business is online. They can’t even run their online business as their distribution center was shut down. Online shopping is keeping some of these companies alive.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

What Trump was saying is we put everything on pause to get the supply chain up and come up with a plan to protect the most vulnerable. He talked about how you can still do everything like the social distancing and hand washing while working. We can take precautions and do things to protect ourselves and the most vulnerable and get the economy working again. It’s not all or nothing. We can do two things at once. You can reccomend certain sectors avoid crowds. We can find away to protect the vulnerable while they are at work.  We will fine the balance to do so.  Things we can’t do for awhile are huge crowds like concerts and sporting events. But work we will figure out the balance. I imagine schools will stay closed the rest of the year  also.

I mean, it's not like these soft measures have proven to be so far ineffective. Do you think countries like Germany, where the response has been good thus far are tightening things just for giggles? 

You literally are basing this off nothing. It is all or nothing, this is going to hurt one way or another. What gets done now, decides how bad it hurts later, why is this so hard for you to understand, and why are you being so obstinate when you clearly aren't exactly informed given some things you've so far stated as gospel. 

I mean thank god it's not like you're not already seeing a rapid outbreak exponentially growing in a major US city.... 

Setting an arbitrary date right now for anything is sheer lunacy. If you can't understand that, or what other posters have tried to point out to you, then normally it wouldn't matter. But continuing to perpetuate some of the stuff you've said is reckless.

Trump is not an expert.. he fired those remember. 

The one time your usual the sky is falling would have been appropriate and you fluffed your lines. People are working themselves to the bone, putting themselves in risk to try and fight this, and a lot of that gets undone by people acting exactly like you. I don't care if I come across as rude, welcome to harsh reality. I hope you don't have to learn your lesson in the hardest way like some are. 

The economy can’t be shut down for months.  We will find the balance like isolating the hot spots. If you can’t understand what it would mean for the  economy to be on hold for months I don’t know what to say. Like I said you seem like a very negative person.  Be vigilant protect your self. That’s all we can do. Sending panic on something we have no clue what will  happen does nobody any good. Prepare for the worst and do our part and have trust and hope it doesn’t get there.  We have been through things like this before and we survived and our country was still strong.

People deal with things in their own way, be it optimism, vigilance, fear, etc.....what is important is that we all stick together and support each other in the best way that we can. This back and forth solves nothing and just drives everyone apart, which is the last thing we need right now. Agree to disagree. 

My mom is 74 yrs old and teaches at a US base. She still had to report to work, even though the students were told to stay home. I am not thrilled about their decision with her being high risk due to age and her having previous heart issues, and am hoping they change their minds soon. 

38 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The economy can’t be shut down for months.  We will find the balance like isolating the hot spots. If you can’t understand what it would mean for the  economy to be on hold for months I don’t know what to say. Like I said you seem like a very negative person.  Be vigilant protect your self. That’s all we can do. Sending panic on something we have no clue what will  happen does nobody any good. Prepare for the worst and do our part and have trust and hope it doesn’t get there.  We have been through things like this before and we survived and our country was still strong.

Who is "sending panic"? You perceive responsible behavior as panic. None of what anyone has written here has made me panic. And where I live, our numbers are growing exponentially. But, there is actually no "panic" here. Perhaps if there was, there would be fewer cases of COVID-19.

Yes, we will get through it. But it won't be in a couple of weeks as you claim. Far from it. My saying this does not suggest panic -- it is reality. 

32 minutes ago, HOZER said:

People deal with things in their own way, be it optimism, vigilance, fear, etc.....what is important is that we all stick together and support each other in the best way that we can. This back and forth solves nothing and just drives everyone apart, which is the last thing we need right now. Agree to disagree. 

My mom is 74 yrs old and teaches at a US base. She still had to report to work, even though the students were told to stay home. I am not thrilled about their decision with her being high risk due to age and her having previous heart issues, and am hoping they change their minds soon. 

I am not even sure why this thread is still even here. It got off track and should probably be deleted.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Who is "sending panic"?

the stock market.  i dont see people freaking out in person but the market crashed hard the last few weeks.  it came back somewhat today with the stimulus but it could take two or three more of those if this goes on for months 

for better or worse the president is a risk taker i doubt he will have much patience with the market.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who is "sending panic"? You perceive responsible behavior as panic. None of what anyone has written here has made me panic. And where I live, our numbers are growing exponentially. But, there is actually no "panic" here. Perhaps if there was, there would be fewer cases of COVID-19.

Yes, we will get through it. But it won't be in a couple of weeks as you claim. Far from it. My saying this does not suggest panic -- it is reality. 

I never claimed it was all going to disappear in two weeks. I am not stupid. What I did say we will find a way to get balance back so we don’t have to be shut down long. Our economy can’t sustain this long. If it’s out to long jobs won’t come back when it’s over.  

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the stock market.  i dont see people freaking out in person but the market crashed hard the last few weeks.  it came back somewhat today with the stimulus but it could take two or three more of those if this goes on for months 

for better or worse the president is a risk taker i doubt he will have much patience with the market.

Jobs just won’t come back either. Over 60% of the workforce is small business. IF some of them are out two long they will have to close and these businesses are not just going to come right back after it’s over if they are down more then a few weeks. Everything has a ripple effect.  We need to find the balance and come up with a plan that will work and keep people safe. NY is such a hotbed right now. Mostly because they have a lot of international travel and had a lot of Chinese students in that area. What makes me mad is they said people are leaving NY so they are nervous they are spreading to other states. They said 50% of the cases are in Ny. Most in the city.  

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

Thanks. I don't believe that is the panic the person I quoted was referring to. 

Yes, the economy is taking a major hit but if these drastic measures were not taken to limit or delay infections, I believe it would hurt the economy even more. The steps being taken are saving lives. I don't get how some folks can't appreciate that.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Jobs just won’t come back either. Over 60% of the workforce is small business. IF some of them are out two long they will have to close and these businesses are not just going to come right back after it’s over if they are down more then a few weeks. Everything has a ripple effect.  We need to find the balance and come up with a plan that will work and keep people safe. NY is such a hotbed right now. Mostly because they have a lot of international travel and had a lot of Chinese students in that area. What makes me mad is they said people are leaving NY so they are nervous they are spreading to other states. They said 50% of the cases are in Ny. Most in the city.  

hold up stop GIF

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I don't believe that is the panic the person I quoted was referring to. 

Yes, the economy is taking a major hit but if these drastic measures were not taken to limit or delay infections, I believe it would hurt the economy even more. The steps being taken are saving lives. I don't get how some folks can't appreciate that.

I understand the short term shutdown and why it’s being done. I have no issue with that. I also understand what they are trying to accomplish with ramping up supplies and finding out where hotspots are and devising plans.  My biggest worry is more then a few weeks to a month. There are things in the works that should provide easier testing where someone can do it at home and send it in. Which should keep more infected people in their homes and not spreading it.  We do need to get quicker at getting results so people aren’t quaranteened waiting if they are positive or negative. 

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I understand the short term shutdown and why it’s being done. I have no issue with that. I also understand what they are trying to accomplish with ramping up supplies and finding out where hotspots are and devising plans.  My biggest worry is more then a few weeks to a month. There are things in the works that should provide easier testing where someone can do it at home and send it in. Which should keep more infected people in their homes and not spreading it.  We do need to get quicker at getting results so people aren’t quaranteened waiting if they are positive or negative. 

For at lot of people it won’t matter

Schools in Indiana are closed until at least May 1st(One district near me is out for the year-elearning)

Ky. Schools are closed until April 20

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

For at lot of people it won’t matter

Schools in Indiana are closed until at least May 1st(One district near me is out for the year-elearning)

Ky. Schools are closed until April 20

I was mainly talking about work.  The economy can handle a few weeks but not months. I expect schools to not go back. My niece and nephew have e learning so they have school work every day. They even have video conference with their teacher and all the class is on. Pretty crazy what they can do.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was mainly talking about work.  The economy can handle a few weeks but not months. I expect schools to not go back. My niece and nephew have e learning so they have school work every day. They even have video conference with their teacher and all the class is on. Pretty crazy what they can do.

I Know what elearning is 

Every member of my family are/were teachers

So it is okay for the factory worker to go back to work but not school staff and students

200.gif

Everyone can keep the economy going the same way I do

Shop online

50 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I Know what elearning is 

Every member of my family are/were teachers

So it is okay for the factory worker to go back to work but not school staff and students

200.gif

Everyone can keep the economy going the same way I do

Shop online

Teachers are getting paid and I believe even staff is getting paid. Come on.

31 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I know. I see casualties on both sides, and no real way to reduce both. :(

There is. It’s not one or the other.  There are going to be places like Ny that are probably going to have to be more restricted. The gov of NY even said today they have to find the balance. We will have to target and restrict the harder hit areas.

1. Work at home if you can.

2. Elderly and sick need to stay in as much as possible. 

3. When at work and out wash hands and practice social distancing. 

4. Re arrange work spaces farther apart.

5. Keep restraunts as carry out and drive through. 

6. Keep the rules in place to only go out when you really need something and for work.

7. No large gatherings 

8. No sporting events 

I buy everything online because being disabled it’s easier then telling someone what I want. I got a email though where this company is in CA. Ships out of Cali and they can’t even run their online business with the Ca order. I am surprised that it hasn’t effected more online shopping.

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is. It’s not one or the other.  There are going to be places like Ny that are probably going to have to be more restricted. The gov of NY even said today they have to find the balance. We will have to target and restrict the harder hit areas.

6. Keep the rules in place to only go out when you really need something and for work.

7. No large gatherings 

8. No sporting events 

I buy everything online because being disabled it’s easier then telling someone what I want. I got a email though where this company is in CA. Ships out of Cali and they can’t even run their online business with the Ca order. I am surprised that it hasn’t effected more online shopping.

that is what states and local jurisdictions were doing but they didn’t work because of rule breakers

that still doesn’t help those in person to person businesses and restaurant workers

I am reading personal accounts from those who have been infected and/or their caregivers. It sounds awful. 

Prominent doctors are strongly advising that the administration not relax restrictions. 

7 Medical Leaders to Politicians: Save Lives, Not Wall Street

Don’t open businesses and schools. The economy won’t recover until this pandemic ends.

By J. Larry Jameson

Dr. Jameson is dean of the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.

March 24, 2020

https://nyti.ms/2UxEhBL

Below shows that people of any any can be infected.

I’m 26. Coronavirus Sent Me to the Hospital.

https://nyti.ms/3bkndpQ

This account below was harrowing.

What I Learned When My Husband Got Sick With Coronavirus

Our world became one of isolation, round-the-clock care, panic and uncertainty — even as society carried on around us with all too few changes.

:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/magazine/coronavirus-family.html

On 3/19/2020 at 11:02 PM, ThorstenDenmark said:

If you / americans don't take this seriously, you will have infected in the 100.000 within weeks, your number just exploded and it sounds like its a joke to many of you. instead you buy more guns and ammo... wth... get your % together and start acting like you should and take responsibility.

If this is still a serious deadly problem in the fall, I don't think any sane person is going to even care about watching sports. This should be subsiding around late May and hopefully it doesn't have a second wave in the fall. If China and South Korea can get thru it, the rest of the world can also. We are probably going to have 100,000 infected in days not weeks, where this is going to be an extreme issue is in the third world, how do you social distance in Bangladesh?

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

7. No large gatherings 

8. No sporting events 

the essential businesses are busy, Walmart, Hope Depot,etc.. not sure how it won't spread there? this is moving beyond New York, & Seattle, New Orleans has had two dozen deaths in just a couple of weeks from corona virus, April could be be a nightmare, maybe the Easter Bunny can lay some magic eggs and make this go away.

5 minutes ago, horseshoepower said:

If this is still a serious deadly problem in the fall, I don't think any sane person is going to even care about watching sports. This should be subsiding around late May and hopefully it doesn't have a second wave in the fall. If China and South Korea can get thru it, the rest of the world can also. We are probably going to have 100,000 infected in days not weeks, where this is going to be an extreme issue is in the third world, how do you social distance in Bangladesh?

This is one reason why Governor Holcomb and the leaders of Indiana are developing the mobile homeless shelters

4 minutes ago, horseshoepower said:

the essential businesses are busy, Walmart, Hope Depot,etc.. not sure how it won't spread there? this is moving beyond New York, & Seattle, New Orleans has had two dozen deaths in just a couple of weeks from corona virus, April could be be a nightmare, maybe the Easter Bunny can lay some magic eggs and make this go away.

One of the latest positive tests in Ky. was because he attended a Coronavirus Party

I make an order from Amazon about every other day

16 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

This wasn't what we were talking about.. you've diverted into a number of different topics. But quickly:

The Liverpool Care Pathway, rightly, hasn't been clinical guidance for a number of years. The Alfie Evans case is again a different aspect and the way you outline it suggests the clinicians willingly denied care for no good reason

It's undeniable that the NHS is a under pressure organisation, but this isn't unique to to it. Take the often cited example of 4 hour waits. For one the 4 hour thing itself doesn't really have much clinical evidence, it's more a of performance metric. When you compare the average waits in emergency departments across the world we still see a greater ratio of patients quicker. The issue is that people utilise ED as a first stop rather than last resort. To get into the underlying reasons why would take forever, but this is why a lot of NHS transformation is about increasing access in primary/community settings.

You anecdotal example isn't all too uncommon depending on the break. But that's again not exactly unique to the NHS. Without knowing the full medical details it's impossible to say if it was poor practice. As a converse anecdote, I managed to break my ankle and not realise for 4 days... 

Point being, if someone dies when it was avoidable it would normally be a Serious Incident with a full investigation of why. These are thankfully rare. However , I think we will see a huge spike of deaths that would have been "avoidable" as the system pressure builds. Currently it looks like end April/May for the peak of demand. 

I was talking about the medical system choosing to deny care based on cost/benefit analysis, rather than just taking care of the person, essentially a death panel. That has and is happening. That was my point from all of that. It did kind of grow into more information as to why this happens, and the issues with NHS.

for my anecdotal, they went right after he hurt his arm. They refused to do an xray as they didn't think it warranted one. A week later the kid was still hurting and bruising, and finally they took one in the ED and showed that there was a break, exactly like the parents were saying. 

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

My siblings, my mother and I had planned to travel to Atlanta in May for my nephew's graduation. We purchased our plane tickets early. Now, we will not go. I don't think we will be over this by mid-May. I heard the President say by Easter, we will loosen restrictions. I doubt it. 

We were also going to have a mini-reunion in Florida to commemorate my Uncle's 40th wedding anniversary. That probably won't take place anymore. :( But we can always celebrate later. We have to take all precautions now to avoid getting infected and infecting others. 

I was just having a conversation with my sister about how the 'adult children' are handling this.  They are concerned.  Some laid off, some with pay cuts. Some are straight commission so, no sales.  Some are contract workers so, no unemployment.  How to make rent/car payments etc

I get why they are possibly more stressed by this.  They are not drawing a retirement income.

That said, I have one niece with $35 in her checking account, $500 in her savings account whose lease is coming up for renewal.  She wants to move into a more expensive apartment because she is tired of having a room mate.  My sister is telling her she needs to move back home until this is over.  I think this is a good reality check for  young people like this.

Sometimes, it's not about what you want, it's about what you have to do.

I'm sorry for your postponed family gatherings.  That hurts.  All the precious gatherings that won't happen are hard on people

17 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

So according to VP Pence the drug has now been approved by the fda for off label use. So doctors across the country can start prescribing it. While the trials in NY are starting. We need to get tests coming back sooner so people can be prescribed it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/hydroxychloroquine-no-better-than-regular-covid-19-care-in-study

On 3/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, DougDew said:

Last night, my daughter mentioned that she couldn't taste anything at supper.  Kept adding red pepper powder.  So this morning's article caught my eye.  

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/lost-sense-of-smell-may-be-peculiar-clue-to-coronavirus-infection/articleshow/74767666.cms

I hope she is ok.  My sister has this and says her sense of smell is gone, no appetite, extreme weakness, cough, fever.  She also , says she's struggling with text messages. She's ok when you talk to her though.

Anyway, keep an eye on her and get some Robitussin if you can find it

27 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I hope she is ok.  My sister has this and says her sense of smell is gone, no appetite, extreme weakness, cough, fever.  She also , says she's struggling with text messages. She's ok when you talk to her though.

Anyway, keep an eye on her and get some Robitussin if you can find it

Thanks Nadine.  She seems to be acting normally. but we'll keep an eye out.  Hope your sister starts feeling better.

Archived