Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Here we go again..

Chrisaaron1023

20 hours ago, NFLfan said:

It gives them something to do. How else would they earn a living. :ignore:

I always feel like these guys couldn't ever just sit back and enjoy a player being great because they're always looking for the story.  I mean, I'll never be able to say I enjoyed the greatness of Tom Brady (who's achievements are once again questionable) because I always wanted him to fail.   But JJ Watt is still one of my favorite players in the league, and he's a division rival.  I liked MJD and Andre Johnson (before his Colts tenure) back in the day, too.  I'll never forget when he walloped that little punk CB in Houston.  Courtland Finnegan I think.  He was always a punk.  Get his face mocked up and still talkin trash lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/18/2019 at 5:27 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

I always feel like these guys couldn't ever just sit back and enjoy a player being great because they're always looking for the story.  I mean, I'll never be able to say I enjoyed the greatness of Tom Brady (who's achievements are once again questionable) because I always wanted him to fail.

You pretty much nailed it on the head. And I never thought about this really until now..

I've Never really cheered against anyone else harder than Tom and the Patriots. I mean the Chargers for a little and more Pittsburgh. But not nearly as bad as the Patriots. And it's because of the story you mentioned.

Every year for like 10 years straight we had Manning vs Brady.. rings vs Stats.. Evil Empire vs the Good guys. And I found myself just getting so caught up I just couldn't stand that team anymore. I don't cheer against our divison rivals like I do New England. 

But watching this made me start thinking about Drew Brees some type of way.. but I had to snap out of it. He's been great throught his career no need to make something out nothing SAS lol

• Like 2

It to the point that I’m worried when SAS actually agrees with me. My sanity is measured by his insanity because he’s so *. If I agree with him I got a mental problem.

He wants to put a asterisk by 89 year old Peyton’s SB but not prime Brees’ when it took a scandal AND refs to get that 1 ring? And I don’t know what’s worse going 7-9 3 times in a row or losing to a 7-9 team in the playoffs. Wait how about going 7-9 in a division whose winner was 7-8-1? Lol!

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 9:12 PM, NFLfan said:

It gives them something to do. How else would they earn a living. :ignore:

Winner winner chicken dinner! There are too many people paid to talk about too little subject matter. To me ESPN is 95% blah blah blah hot air

Ironically when I was a young man in the 1980's, I always wished there was more sports media. Be careful what you wish for

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Winner winner chicken dinner! There are too many people paid to talk about too little subject matter. To me ESPN is 95% blah blah blah hot air

Ironically when I was a young man in the 1980's, I always wished there was more sports media. Be careful what you wish for

I used to listen to sports radio for many years. I stopped listening to sports radio altogether after the AFC Championship Game last earlier this year. I did not want to hear about the Pats and Brady. Also, there was just too much nonsense and negativity. I'm definitely too old for that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I used to listen to sports radio for many years. I stopped listening to sports radio altogether after the AFC Championship Game last earlier this year. I did not want to hear about the Pats and Brady. Also, there was just too much nonsense and negativity. I'm definitely too old for that. 

I listen to some local guys in Indy because at least they are unashamed homers like myself. But there are very few national guys I can tolerate on a regular basis

Most of them just rehash the prevailing winds of the day without actually knowing what they are talking about

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That is a reason why I only listen to NFL satellite radio on SiriusXM. 
They are mostly ex executives, GM's, coaches and players that intelligently talk and instruct about the game.

They have plentiful current coaches on, and they know they will get thoughtful conversations and questions, and they aren't going to get questions that are stupid or ones they can't answer  as it gives away too much info publicly.

Favs- Pat Kirwan, Bill Polian, Gil Brandt, then Mark Dominik, Charlie Weis for F.O coaches.

For media, Bob Papa (voice of NY football Giants), Vic Carrucci (Buffalo Bills writer), Alex Marvez, and Bruce Murray. And plenty of ex players.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That is a reason why I only listen to NFL satellite radio on SiriusXM. 
They are mostly ex executives, GM's, coaches and players that intelligently talk and instruct about the game.

They have plentiful current coaches on, and they know they will get thoughtful conversations and questions, and they aren't going to get questions that are stupid or ones they can't answer  as it gives away too much info publicly.

Favs- Pat Kirwan, Bill Polian, Gil Brandt, then Mark Dominik, Charlie Weis for F.O coaches.

For media, Bob Papa (voice of NY football Giants), Vic Carrucci (Buffalo Bills writer), Alex Marvez, and Bruce Murray. And plenty of ex players.

I would enjoy that. I know all the individuals you mentioned. In fact, many years ago, I used to listen to Bruce Murray and a co-host in the afternoons on what was called Sporting News Radio. Most of the others that you mentioned were often guests of the different hosts. Gil Brandt was one of my favorites of the guests. He is exactly what I enjoyed listening to. During the pre-draft period, there used to be a guy from Our Lads Guide to the NFL Draft that I enjoyed listening to. James Brown (of the CBS pre-game show) was one of the hosts. I liked him very much. That was about 20 years ago. 

Do the shows you listen to invite guests? Have they had Bill Curry (former Baltimore Colt and Packer) on? He used to be a guest on ESPN Radio in the morning. I enjoyed listening to him very much.

I should check out NFL satellite radio. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I would enjoy that. I know all the individuals you mentioned. In fact, many years ago, I used to listen to Bruce Murray and a co-host in the afternoons on what was called Sporting News Radio. Most of the others that you mentioned were often guests of the different hosts. Gil Brandt was one of my favorites of the guests. He is exactly what I enjoyed listening to. During the pre-draft period, there used to be a guy from Our Lads Guide to the NFL Draft that I enjoyed listening to. James Brown (of the CBS pre-game show) was one of the hosts. I liked him very much. That was about 20 years ago. 

Nice!!

those guys above shows are 3 or 4 hours each, and they have guests like current NFL coaches IE: Pete Carroll, Dan Quinn, Bill O'Brien, (now some fired) Ron Rivera... others. Even heard Belichick on one time.

Do the shows you listen to invite guests?

Besides coaches, they have current players, ans other respected and football knowledgeable media as guests often.

Have they had Bill Curry (former Baltimore Colt and Packer) on? He used to be a guest on ESPN Radio in the morning. I enjoyed listening to him very much.

Not sure, I haven't heard him.  Some players that are on shows at SiriusXM are Brady Quinn, Bruce Gradkowski, A.J. Hawk, James Lofton, etc...

I should check out NFL satellite radio. Thanks for sharing. 

I think you'd enjoy it. And you can listen on your phone, iPad, car, bluetooth connected devices and speakers, etc.  (bluetooth from phone to car, etc.  or get package on the car if equipped and stream on other devices). make sure SiriusXM NFL radio channel 88 is part of the programming package if you get it!  Look for specials/discounts to join.

• Thanks 1