Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are y'all still turn a blind eye to these coaches or what?

VaAllDay757

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why are you talking about Grigson?  I'm not.

I'm talking about the topic of this thread, the coaches.  I think Reich has had very little to work with last year and this year.  

The talent has gone down hill every year, IMO.  Its not like it was at the bottom the day before Ballard was hired and trended upwards the day after.  Its been on a steady decline ever since Luck's rookie year, or second year in the league.  

Blame whomever suits your narrative.  I'm talking about what Reich has been dealing with, and why he calls the plays he does, and why Eberflus calls the defense he does.

Oh my bad, I thought you brought Grigson up earlier and you liked him. I guess not. So ignore my post than.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Sounds like you're holding everyone accountable but the QB.

The D gave us 7 of the points unassisted (pick 6). They also assisted in 10 other points (turnovers). Take those 17pts away, and we lose even if we hold them to 21.

And.. it was obvious from the early script that the game plan was to throw it a ton given the obvious D rankings of TB. And JB simply couldn't deliver late. Did you know that Winston, even with his 3 INTs had a higher passer rating than JB.

I'm not blaming  Brissett  for that loss. When you lose up 35 to 21 it is more than the qb

• Like 1

We keep trading down to pick up additional picks in the draft, and the talent level diminishes big time when you do this.  To compound it all, when you try to develop players after drafting this low, it takes time and you end up like this....We're bottom feeders right now, blame it on Irsay and down....Need better products on the field..

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On a normal day scoring 35 points in a game gets a W. You are a stats guy and if you looked up the % of teams scoring 35 or more I would say they win 90% of the time. I seen earlier the Saints scored 46 and loss though lmao 

On a normal day, most decent QBs put up 300 yards on TB :dunno: 

I guess neither our D, nor JB were normal today. :thmup:

TB is 4th in points per game, NO is 9th. How may points do you think we need to win next week?

3 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

You crazy to think frank hasn't been too conservative these past few games

I am not sure being conservative is a bad thing with the injuries and lack of skill at the offense skill positions. 

(Disclaimer I am obviously ride or die for Franky) 

1 minute ago, Ratking said:

I am not sure being conservative is a bad thing with the injuries and lack of skill at the offense skill positions. 

Injuries is part of the game next man up when you have 4 turnovers with 17 points included you must keep the lead no matter what....being conservative is never the answer for that

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Why.  Name me an elite player on that D?  The secondary is very young.  The D tackles r old and cannot get any pressure. This D's lack of performance is more on BALLARD. For some reason this forum acts like he is the second coming.

It’s not the best talent but it’s good enough. The problem is the scheming. He keeps running zone and it always gets shredded. The Colts secondary has been much more effective in man coverage. And you want an elite player on our D? Darius Leonard. Houston.

3 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Injuries is part of the game next man up when you have 4 turnovers with 17 points included you must keep the lead no matter what....being conservative is never the answer for that

28 points doesn't strike me as conservative.  

Why are we getting into the same arguments.

JB has nobody to throw too.  And it isn't his game.  His game is to keep it close.

Down field passing to whom ever looks open is Winston's game.  He doesn't even make much effort to know where the DB is, he simply throws it.  

Against a bad defense, that method scores 38 points, despite three picks.  Against a good defense, it results in fewer points but just as many picks.

A QB is supposed to keep possession of the ball.  Keep it close, so defense and special teams can win the game....like they are supposed to.  JB's not a shootout QB, or a 4th quarter come from behind QB.

I wonder where we rank when it comes to total minutes trailing by 14 points or more?  I'll bet its bottom 5.

1 minute ago, Ratking said:

My thoughts as well. My boy Franky leads his boys to 35 points and I have to defend him. 

The QB and coach always get blamed for losses by most fans. It has been like that forever. I actually thought today Brissett played good and Frank called a great game for the most part. I wish we ran it on that 3rd and 2 on the final drive but I am getting nitpicky now. Just like Brissett could've been better too on that drive.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I expect to win when we score 35, you put up 35 I love my chances.

Me too, and I normally expect to win when we get 4 turnovers, and +3 in the differential. I normally expect a QB to hit open guys. I expect kickers to make all XPs and most FGs. I expect more man coverage vs TB, and more blitz calls vs one of the most sacked QBs in the league.

I expect simple things. I like simple pleasures, like butter in my bleep, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.

signed Floyd Gondolli

:headspin:

8 minutes ago, Ratking said:

My thoughts as well. My boy Franky leads his boys to 35 points and I have to defend him.  (28 I guess minus Darius pick 6) 

and the D gets assists on 10 more.

5 minutes ago, Ratking said:

28 points doesn't strike me as conservative.  

For me Reich seems to be aggressive on offense the first three quarters. Then in the fourth he forgets what got him there. You have to stay aggressive. Especially with a team like the bucs who can put up points fast.

I will be watching Reich closely next year to see if things change or stay the same. His play calling confuses me sometimes.  He isn’t consistent.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Me too, and I normally expect to win when we get 4 turnovers, and +3 in the differential. I normally expect a QB to hit open guys. I expect kickers to make all XPs and most FGs. I expect more man coverage vs TB, and more blitz calls vs one of the most sacked QBs in the league.

I expect simple things. I like simple pleasures, like butter in my bleep, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.

signed Floyd Gondolli

:headspin:

Really the only thing I am saying is, if a team scores 35 or more they should win 9 out of 10 times. The only thing I was talking about was the points we scored. Going into next season if we average 35 points a game and didn't go 14-2 I would be stunned. My point was about points scored not about anything else.

12 minutes ago, Ratking said:

My thoughts as well. My boy Franky leads his boys to 35 points and I have to defend him.  (28 I guess minus Darius pick 6) 

He also lead them to giving up 38.  Refusing to adjust the defense which he as the coach can tell the DC he wants is what people are objecting too mostly.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

For me Reich seems to be aggressive on offense the first three quarters. Then in the fourth he forgets what got him there. You have to stay aggressive. Especially with a team like the bucs who can put up points fast.

I will be watching Reich closely next year to see if things change or stay the same. His play calling confuses me sometimes.  He isn’t consistent.

When the Colts hired Frank it was like hiring a race car driver.... And giving him a 1998 Honda Accord to race in.... 

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He also lead them to giving up 38.  Refusing to adjust the defense which he as the coach can tell the DC he wants is what people are objecting too mostly.

I got a feeling Frank has nothing to do with the offense. By your logic sean mcvay is also a bad/conservative coach? 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Really the only thing I am saying is, if a team scores 35 or more they should win 9 out of 10 times. The only thing I was talking about was the points we scored. Going into next season if we average 35 points a game and didn't go 14-2 I would be stunned. My point was about points scored not about anything else.

I'm just giving you a hard time. Point is, bad in one place, doesn't mean good in another. There was a lot of bad and mediocre today. I blame Eberflus mostly. While JB was not awful by any standard, he wasn't really good either, especially considering TB is the 2nd to worst passing D.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ratking said:

I got a feeling Frank has nothing to do with the offense. By your logic sean mcvay is also a bad/conservative coach? 

When did I say Frank was a bad coach?  He isn’t perfect though and his play calling the last three games and refusing to adjust from things that aren’t working are a problem.  He needs to adjust.  He has the ability the question is will he.

Also he’s the head coach.  He doesn’t just get to take credit or blame foe the offense.  He’s accountable for the defense and if you don’t think he’s involved in game planning for defense you have another thing coming.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Today is a prime example on how stubborn Frank and matt can be when it comes to play calling....zone coverage is getting beat bad and they stick with it....we had 4 turnovers and frank did nothing to keep the aggressiveness going he went soft on the play calling with the inside runs but the bucs are dominated on the inside so why even call that play??? Smh just pathetic

The inside run is called so much of the time, due to having a lack of options as far as your QB.... Brissett isn't exactly capable of a wide variety of things... Can you imagine how much worse it would be if they got creative, and put him in situations that WEREN'T those that he excelled at?

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

The inside run is called so much of the time, due to having a lack of options as far as your QB.... Brissett isn't exactly capable of a wide variety of things... Can you imagine how much worse it would be if they got creative, and put him in situations that WEREN'T those that he excelled at?

It's not that hard to run stretch plays

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's not?  Give me all of your stretch play knowledge and the ease of executing it

When the Colts used to run it with Edge several announcers and even Peyton said it was a simple play.

with that said going to it in the middle of a game if you haven’t game planned for it is probably not wise.

The truth is this team has a long way to go when it comes to finding its identity......I mean come on yea we kinda rode the high for a bit and the guys played well but I'm not gonna let finally seeing reality push me into the fire Reich or Ballard stuff I am extremely happy with what they have started here.......The future is bright let it develop........ we could still have the Grigson/Pagano Era and that's who I blame for alllllllllll of this.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Last time I checked Frank was the head coach that means he ultimately responsible for the defense too.  Even Frank would tell you that.

I think the Colts have decided to let frank worry mostly about the offense. His background experience doesn't lend itself to coaching the defense. 

With Andrew as qb this reasoning seemed smart... Without Andrew.... I am not sure.