Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are y'all still turn a blind eye to these coaches or what?

VaAllDay757

Today is a prime example on how stubborn Frank and matt can be when it comes to play calling....zone coverage is getting beat bad and they stick with it....we had 4 turnovers and frank did nothing to keep the aggressiveness going he went soft on the play calling with the inside runs but the bucs are dominated on the inside so why even call that play??? Smh just pathetic

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

I don't think Frank is a problem.  It's our depth, injuries, mediocre QB, and poor zone D that is the biggest problem (WR fits into depth point I mentioned).

Tank for Tua?  Shove for Love?

The series which ended in the missed FG was puzzling to me.  Why go so conservative.  He did that a few games ago and forced Vinny to make a long FG instead of staying aggressive and possibly getting a first down.  Late in the game Frank seems to get too conservative for my tastes.

6 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

The series which ended in the missed FG was puzzling to me.  Why go so conservative.  He did that a few games ago and forced Vinny to make a long FG instead of staying aggressive and possibly getting a first down.  Late in the game Frank seems to get too conservative for my tastes.

I didn't mind that as much as him not running Mack on 3rd and 2 on the final drive. Running the ball with our Line late in games as been our beard and butter all year.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Team finally scoress points and the D refuses to get a stop

The D got 4 turnovers, which we had 17 pts from (one pick 6). 

The D calling was just bad. Soft zone is the worst thing to do vs Winston. When you're playing the 2nd worst pass D, second best rush D, and top 5 team in both points scored and passing, you have to know you'll need to score more than two TDs in the air.

43 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Today is a prime example on how stubborn Frank and matt can be when it comes to play calling....zone coverage is getting beat bad and they stick with it....we had 4 turnovers and frank did nothing to keep the aggressiveness going he went soft on the play calling with the inside runs but the bucs are dominated on the inside so why even call that play??? Smh just pathetic

We don’t have man corners tbh , 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The D got 4 turnovers, which we had 17 pts from (one pick 6). 

The D calling was just bad. Soft zone is the worst thing to do vs Winston. When you're playing the 2nd worst pass D, second best rush D, and top 5 team in both points scored and passing, you have to know you'll need to score more than two TDs in the air.

IMO JB was far from the problem, the final drive wasn't good but he looked good most of the day and made some nice deep throws too. He also scrambled well too. Bottomline, anytime you score 35 you should never lose. Offense had 28 which is still very good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO JB was far from the problem, the final drive wasn't good but he looked good most of the day and made some nice deep throws too. He also scrambled well too. Bottomline, anytime you score 35 you should never lose. Offense had 28 which is still very good.

Honest question.

You don't think you need more than two passing TDs given how bad TB is vs the pass, how good they are vs the run, on top of them being the 2nd in points scored?

I do blame the D play calling more than anything, but saying JB was good vs the 2nd worst passing D, is like being happy for saving 10% on Black Friday when the rest of the country has saved 40-50%. I think you've conditioned yourself to expect less. His 4Q when it mattered, was pretty bad. Also don't forget that 17 of our points came off turnovers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No matter what all happened this game. Reich still is making the same bad decisions in the 4th quarter.

That Hines Fumble was the game. Offense played just fine outside that fumble. Jacoby actually made some incredible throws.

Chloe you never fail to blame just one guy for the game regardless. JB had a couple good throws but was 6-16 in the first half and finish with just over 52% completions. 

D played poorly but still had 4 TOs that accounted for 17 points. Lots of blame to go around and doesn't fall on just one guy or one play.

Let’s go ahead and blame Jacoby when this is the third straight week the defense hasn’t been able to hold a lead.

3 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Chloe you never fail to blame just one guy for the game regardless. JB had a couple good throws but was 6-16 in the first half and finish with just over 52% completions. 

D played poorly but still had 4 TOs that accounted for 17 points. Lots of blame to go around and doesn't fall on just one guy or one play.

But yet we still put up 20 points in one half on offense. He had a frickin 14  pt lead with just over 4 minutes.

34 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Eberflus should be on the hot seat. 

Why.  Name me an elite player on that D?  The secondary is very young.  The D tackles r old and cannot get any pressure. This D's lack of performance is more on BALLARD. For some reason this forum acts like he is the second coming.

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Why.  Name me an elite player on that D?  The secondary is very young.  The D tackles r old and cannot get any pressure. This D's lack of performance is more on BALLARD. For some reason this forum acts like he is the second coming.

Leonard,   Houston

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Let’s go ahead and blame Jacoby when this is the third straight week the defense hasn’t been able to hold a lead.

But yet we still put up 20 points in one half on offense.

So you still say Hines cost us the game. Ridiculous!!

I didn't blame JB only. I said the whole teams deserves blame. But you insist on pinning it on one person.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

But yet we still put up 20 points in one half on offense. He had a frickin 14  pt lead with just over 4 minutes.

That post didn’t blame Jacoby, they very clearly explained while Jacoby wasn’t good today out side of a couple of throws the defense was bad too,  their entire point was not just one person or thing can be blamed.  Saying Jacoby wasn’t good when he wasn’t is not the samething as saying he’s solely to blame for the loss.

14 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Leonard and while not elite anymore Houston has provided the spark at pass rush that was so badly needed and Moore is as good of a nickel corner you will find in the league and has at times this year looked like a star in the making.

Still the problem today was not the lack of playmakers (they got four turnovers) it was the blitz heavy soft zone scheme they stuck with even though it was getting shredded.  That’s on the coaches.  Now do you fire the coaches over one bad game?  Of course not that would be ridiculous.  However, these coaches are showing across the board to be very stubborn and sticking with what they want to do regardless of what’s going on on the field.  That will lead to them getting fired at some point if they don’t learn to adjust.  The Colts have handed the defense double digit leads in the second half of three straight games I believe and lost them all.  Something isn’t working in the coaching because the Colts can’t finish anyone.

36 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Honest question.

You don't think you need more than two passing TDs given how bad TB is vs the pass, how good they are vs the run, on top of them being the 2nd in points scored?

I do blame the D play calling more than anything, but saying JB was good vs the 2nd worst passing D, is like being happy for saving 10% on Black Friday when the rest of the country has saved 40-50%. I think you've conditioned yourself to expect less. His 4Q when it mattered, was pretty bad. Also don't forget that 17 of our points came off turnovers.

This is what I mean by winning is all that matters. I am not buying the JB criticism this week. He threw a TD pass and a 2 point conversion to put us up 35-21. He also had a pass of 46 for a TD, a pass of 50 for a long 1st down, and another pass that was actually on the money where interference was called which was a gain of 55 yards. He threw no INT's once again too. If your defense can't hold a 35-21 lead late in the 3rd that is on the defense. Hines also had a crucial fumble as well.

• Like 1

The coaches call the plays they think will work based upon the players they have.

The reality is that the Colts roster has gone steadily down hill ever since Luck's rookie year.  The switch to Ballard really hasn't helped.

Outside of a WILL, some olinemen, and a nearly over the hill pass rusher we signed in the offseason (who is probably our second best defensive player)  we've got nobody.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is what I mean by winning is all that matters. I am not buying the JB criticism this week. He threw a TD pass and a 2 point conversion to put us up 35-21. He also had a pass of 46 for a TD, a pass of 50 for a long 1st down, and another pass that was actually on the money where interference was called which was a gain of 55 yards. He threw no INT's once again too. If your defense can't hold a 35-21 lead late in the 3rd that on the defense. Hines also had a crucial fumble as well.

While he should not be blamed for the loss and was not their biggest problem it’s hard to say Jacoby played well.  He was just 19 of 36 throwing the ball, got worse as the game went along, and if you takeway the two passes for 96 yards threw for just 155 yards and one TD on the leagues 31st ranked passing defense.  Sorry that’s bad.  Again, he’s not why they lost and saying he is would be wrong.  However, if we are going to independently review Brissett he wasn’t good either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is what I mean by winning is all that matters. I am not buying the JB criticism this week. He threw a TD pass and a 2 point conversion to put us up 35-21. He also had a pass of 46 for a TD, a pass of 50 for a long 1st down, and another pass that was actually on the money where interference was called which was a gain of 55 yards. He threw no INT's once again too. If your defense can't hold a 35-21 lead late in the 4th that on the defense. Hines also has a crucial fumble as well.

Sounds like you're holding everyone accountable but the QB.

The D gave us 7 of the points unassisted (pick 6). They also assisted in 10 other points (turnovers). Take those 17pts away, and we lose even if we hold them to 21.

And.. it was obvious from the early script that the game plan was to throw it a ton given the obvious D rankings of TB. And JB simply couldn't deliver late. Did you know that Winston, even with his 3 INTs had a higher passer rating than JB.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The coaches call the plays they think will work based upon the players they have.

The reality is that the Colts roster has gone steadily down hill ever since Luck's rookie year.  The switch to Ballard really hasn't helped.

Outside of a WILL, some olinemen, and a nearly over the hill pass rusher we signed in the offseason (who is probably our second best defensive player)  we've got nobody.

Shhhhish.  How dare u? Ballard is God and has added oodles of talent to this team.  People just have a hard time saying who when asked.

• Like 1