Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are y'all still turn a blind eye to these coaches or what?

VaAllDay757

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That fumble probably did cost us the game.

No it didn’t because they got the ball back right away and got very conservative after that missed the field goal and STILL had the lead until the Bucs picked the defense apart to score and take the lead.  Add in they still had a chance to drive and at least get into game tying field goal range and failed to do so.  There were several things after the fumble that cost the game.  There is also the fact that they should have never been in position for the fumble to matter in the first place but where because the coaches stuck with a defense that was getting torn apart.  Saying the fumble alone cost them game is as ridiculous as saying Jacoby alone cost them the game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sounds like you're holding everyone accountable but the QB.

The D gave us 7 of the points unassisted (pick 6). They also assisted in 10 other points (turnovers). Take those 17pts away, and we lose even if we hold them to 21.

And.. it was obvious from the early script that the game plan was to throw it a ton given the obvious D rankings of TB. And JB simply couldn't deliver late. Did you know that Winston, even with his 3 INTs had a higher passer rating than JB.

I actually edited my post above but you get the just of it. I just don't think JB is the reason why we lost this game before pile on him as usual which you are trying to say he is now. Up 35-21, you have to hold that lead, we didn't. 

28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Why.  Name me an elite player on that D?  The secondary is very young.  The D tackles r old and cannot get any pressure. This D's lack of performance is more on BALLARD. For some reason this forum acts like he is the second coming.

Darius Leonard isn’t elite?   Really?

Justin Houston isn’t elite?

Now...   there aren’t enough elite players on defense, I’d grant you that..  but we have a few. 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Defense has given up double digit leads in the last three games. Good defenses don’t do that.

What makes me mad is how conservative Reich gets in the fourth. Keep doing what was working. This has been going on all season.

Now that I agree with.  The Colts offense comes down to first down. If it works he gets creative and aggressive.  If it fails second down is a run, and teams have figured it out so they stuff it and then third down is a screen and teams are figuring that out and are stopping it.  

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Now...   there aren’t enough elite players on defense, I’d grant you that..  but we have a few. 

Leonard has really progressed the last 4 games and I must say he is up there as is  Kenny Moore. However what other young talent on the D or O is inspiring confidence in u moving forward?

11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Shhhhish.  How dare u? Ballard is God and has added oodles of talent to this team.  People just have a hard time saying who when asked.

See, I think just the opposite of what most are saying. (Which seems to be common)

I think our coaches have done wonders with little talent.  I thought Pagano did less with more.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Leonard has really progressed the last 4 games and I must say he is up there as is  Kenny Moore. However what other young talent on the D or O is inspiring confidence in u moving forward?

All the young talent.   This is the learning on the job phase.   There are a small number who are disappointing, but that’s to be expected.   No GM hits on them all.   But I like the majority of our young talent. 

• Like 1

No matter what happened today this was a fun game. This was probably the most entertaining game of the year. Johnson might have a future here.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Our other elite guy missed the game.

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

While he should not be blamed for the loss and was not their biggest problem it’s hard to say Jacoby played well.  He was just 19 of 36 throwing the ball, got worse as the game went along, and if you takeway the two passes for 96 yards threw for just 155 yards and one TD on the leagues 31st ranked passing defense.  Sorry that’s bad.  Again, he’s not why they lost and saying he is would be wrong.  However, if we are going to independently review Brissett he wasn’t good either.

"if you takeway the two passes for 96 yards", why would anyone even post something like that. That is like saying if Hines spun out of tackle and scored a TD instead of fumbling we would've won. If Michael Jordan misses the game winning shot against the Jazz, Jazz win the championship. One can't play the take away game. JB made those plays and threw for 251 Yards, he also had another 55 yard net gain on an interference call on a well thrown ball. I get it though, we lost and most people in here thinks he isn't the answer anyway so it is what it is. 

I just wish we would put Kelly in now, tired of reading the JB stuff on here. Even when the dude plays good he gets bashed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I like Willis and both Walker and Okereke.  I don’t know if either will becomes a stud but I think they are the kinda guys you need on teams when you can’t have superstars every where.  Rock is getting better.  Turay was really coming along before he got hurt.  

The two guys ive been the most disappointed in are Hooker and Desir.  Maybe it’s just injuries for Desir and maybe Hooker is better than I give him credit for but to this point I think he’s been a disappointment.

• Like 1

Just now, DougDew said:

See, I think just the opposite of what most are saying. (Which seems to be common)

I think our coaches have done wonders with little talent.  I thought Pagano did less with more.

Ryan Grigson thanks you!   Says he can’t thank you enough!   You’re his only fan left!          :hat:

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"if you takeway the two passes for 96 yards", why would anyone even post something like that. That is like saying if Hines spun out of tackle and scored a TD instead of fumbling we would've won. If Michael Jordan misses the game winning shot against the Jazz, Jazz win the championship. One can't play the take away game. JB made those plays and threw for 251 Yards, he also had another 55 yard net gain on an interference call on a well thrown ball. I get it though, we lost and most people in here thinks he isn't the answer anyway so it is what it is. 

I just wish we would put Kelly in now, tired of reading the JB stuff on here. Even when the dude plays good he gets bashed. 

Because the point I was making is that he had two very good plays.  They are out-liars when you look at his overall performance today.

1 minute ago, HectorRoberts said:

It’s odd. Chase missed that field goal that would have given us a tied game but no one is calling for his head? If vinny had missed that kick we would be blaming this whole loss on him. No Way Reaction GIF by Absolutely Ascot

This season Vinny would have probably missed one of the other five kicks Chase hit.  With that said, the Colts still had the lead after that miss.  The defense let them down.  That’s not really debatable today.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with you here... and this is coming from a person who has never fully jumped on the Brissett train. I have agreed with the same frustrations everyone else has had about him: holding onto the ball too long, afraid to throw down field, not scanning the field, etc. I was frustrated because it seemed like he would stay the same exact way forever. But in this game he showed a conscientious effort to try and get out of his own way, and I applaud him for it.  This loss is definitely frustrating but I blame the defensive play calling way more than anything JB did or did not do today. Even if his passing stats weren’t amazing, and regardless of our playoff chances this year, I still appreciated seeing the effort.  
Like I wrote in the game day thread, whether or not he is our long term answer for QB, I appreciated the aggressiveness and the attempt to change his game up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually edited my post above but you get the just of it. I just don't think JB is the reason why we lost this game before pile on him as usual which you are trying to say he is now. Up 35-21, you have to hold that lead, we didn't. 

I've actually said in a couple places that I blame D play calling most for the loss. That doesn't make JB good though. The DBs giving up way too much doesn't make missing open guys or bad passes any less bad. In short, plenty of bad to go around.

This is just a perfect example of a game when a game manager who does "OK" matched with bad somewhere else just isn't enough. Not a lot of good from anywhere. You can tell though what Reich's game plan was, and it just didn't work. He thought he could win tossing it a lot vs a very bad passing D, and he simply didn't get as much as he wanted/needed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ryan Grigson thanks you!   Says he can’t thank you enough!   You’re his only fan left!          :hat:

LOL.    You're still looking at it as a comparison of GMs.  Who signed who,   Who did what, then but...but...but.  You'll probably see the Colts through that prism until eternity.

I'm talking about trend lines from Luck's rookie year, and how it was pretty good then, maybe better the next, but then went downhill (which...duh... that would be under RG).

Yes.  I'd take a receiving corps of TY, Wayne and Donnie Avery.  I'd take Cory Redding, and the old vet NTs we've rostered over the years (Even Al Woods) .  I'd like to have Vontae at CB, Bethea at FS, and even Laron Landry, who was pretty good when he cared about football.  We had Robert Mathis.  Erik Walden was a good player, as was RJF.  Our LBs stunk, though.

I thought Ahmad Bradshaw was pretty good.

I'd love to see what Reich and Eberflus would've done with those guys, with Luck at QB.

Too bad we couldn't have a few of our young studs mixed in with vets like that.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I've actually said in a couple places that I blame D play calling most for the loss. That doesn't make JB good though. The DBs giving up way too much doesn't make missing open guys or bad passes any less bad. In short, plenty of bad to go around.

This is just a perfect example of a game when a game manager who does "OK" matched with bad somewhere else just isn't enough. Not a lot of good from anywhere. You can tell though what Reich's game plan was, and it just didn't work. He thought he could win tossing it a lot vs a very bad passing D, and he simply didn't get as much as he wanted/needed.

On a normal day scoring 35 points in a game gets a W. You are a stats guy and if you looked up the % of teams scoring 35 or more I would say they win 90% of the time. I seen earlier the Saints scored 46 and loss though lmao 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

LOL.    A few still can't seem to get out of their bubble of making it about names and comparisons.  Probably limited to being stuck in that loop for eternity..

You're still looking at it as a comparison of GMs.  Who signed who,   Who did what, then but...but...but.

I'm talking about trend lines from Luck's rookie year, and how it was pretty good then, maybe better the next, but then went downhill (which...duh... that would be under RG).

Yes.  I'd take a receiving corps of TY, Wayne and Donnie Avery.  I'd take Cory Redding, and the old vet NTs we've rostered over the years (Even Al Woods) .  I'd like to have Vontae at CB, Bethea at FS, and even Laron Landry, who was pretty good when he cared about football.  We had Robert Mathis.  Erik Walden was a good player, as was RJF.  Our LBs stunk, though.

I thought Ahmad Bradshaw was pretty good.

I'd love to see what Reich and Eberflus would've done with those guys.

Too bad we couldn't have a few of our young studs mixed in with vets like that.

Main problem with Grigson was (and it was huge) we had no O.Line or any good RB's either. He never built a Line which that would've saved Luck's career IMO. He never drafted a good RB either. Instead he went after Trent Richardson which backfired like an old rusty hot rod lmao 

The offense has an excuse, mediocre quarterback and receivers that no one even conceived being on the roster with the exception of Campbell. However these receiver did learn to run a crisper route. Come back to the ball when the quarterbacks in trouble. And catch what you're supposed to catch. All this is attributed to players that are playing well above their talent level. The defense has no excuse at all. Every time we tried to run a screen on the outside we're lucky to get one yard. They did the same thing and they have 10 yards of running ahead of them. I was so disappointed with the defense tonight

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

The offense has an excuse, mediocre quarterback and receivers that no one even conceived being on the roster with the exception of Campbell. However these receiver did learn to run a crisper route. Come back to the ball when the quarterbacks in trouble. And catch what you're supposed to catch. All this is attributed to players that are playing well above their talent level. The defense has no excuse at all. Every time we tried to run a screen on the outside we're lucky to get one yard. They did the same thing and they have 10 yards of running ahead of them. I was so disappointed with the defense tonight

It seems when one group does well the other group fails. Offense did their job. Defense outside of the turnovers was trash. 

Just now, Four2itus said:

Sorry, should have added "sarcasm" to my post. 

LOL 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was being sarcastic. Frank is a good coach.

It's pretty nuts that on this forum nowadays I just assume someone would be saying fire everyone lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Main problem with Grigson was (and it was huge) we had no O.Line or any good RB's either. He never built a Line which that would've saved Luck's career IMO. He never drafted a good RB either. Instead he went after Trent Richardson which backfired like an old rusty hot rod lmao 

Why are you talking about Grigson?  I'm not.

I'm talking about the topic of this thread, the coaches.  I think Reich has had very little to work with last year and this year.  

The talent has gone down hill every year, IMO.  Its not like it was at the bottom the day before Ballard was hired and trended upwards the day after.  Its been on a steady decline ever since Luck's rookie year, or second year in the league.  

Blame whomever suits your narrative.  Blame injuries if you want.  I'm talking about what Reich has been dealing with, and why he calls the plays he does, and why Eberflus calls the defense he does.