Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFC East is a joke

danlhart87

Remember the 2008 8-8 Chargers beating the 12-4 Colts at home?

Remember, the 7-9 Seahawks with Lynch beating the 2010 Saints in the wild card game at home?

I do think there should be a rule for .500 and sub .500 division leaders. If you are not at least 9-7 while winning the division, there should be re-seeding. 

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

The fact that the NFL realigned at one time and the Cowboys stayed in the NFC east is also hilarious.  They should be in the NFC South playing the Saints twice a year . 

Not as hilarious as the Colts being in the AFC south. 

It should have been Miami that moved to the AFC south. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shakedownstreet said:

Indiana was part of the union and contributed to the war effort in preventing the south from succeeding

That is true but huge waves of southern people have relocated to Indiana after the war, especially after the 2nd world war. 

Jobs were the #1 reason. 

I for one moved to Indiana to find work from TN after Vietnam. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

That is true but huge waves of southern people have relocated to Indiana after the war, especially after the 2nd world war. 

Jobs were the #1 reason. 

I for one moved to Indiana to find work from TN after Vietnam. 

I don't doubt any of what you're saying, but we are still yankees! :D

1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

Indiana was part of the union and contributed to the war effort in preventing the south from succeeding

I’m from Mississippi but I don’t think of the Midwest when I think of Yankees. I thinks it’s funny you said succeeded when you meant seceded. Kinda changes the meaning. Haha

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

You ever drive south on I-65 on the weekends or holidays? 

It looks like half the state  is going south. haha

I lived in Nashville for awhile. Lots of Yankees moved down there.

As an owner of a team I wouldn't even hang Division Championship banners. I think making the AFC Championship Game is 100 times better than winning your division. That is why I had no problem hanging a 2014 banner for AFC Finalist runner-up. I can't believe people had a problem with that lmao . I guess to some winning the division and then getting beat in the Wildcard Round or Divisional Round is better than making the AFC Title Game. I would rather make the Final 4 by a mile. 

18 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Cowboys under 500 lead division

Redskins 3-9 could still make playoffs 

Do you realize how insane that is?

So?    It happens every so often.   Most years the NFC East is one of the top divisions.   The NFL is really, really hard.    A bad year every once in a while isn’t a big deal.   

Most people haven’t been very complimentary over the AFC South or the AFC East over the years.    Life goes on... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buffalo34 said:

Doesn't the NBA seed by record and not division/wild card? I think in 2012, the Celtics, who won their division, were a lower seeded team against Atlanta, who had a better record but didn't win their division.

Yes but the division winner however is guaranteed a playoff spot, I think.