Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rocks perfect coverage

Restinpeacesweetchloe

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

I always thought Rock was the quintessential Ballard pick. Skill and temperament wise. I think he’s special also. 

Crazy to think him and Wilson are the same age. 2 completely different paths through college and 2 totally different pros. Maybe Wilson would have benefited from staying in another year or two but cant blame him for getting that money.

• Like 2

He's been average this season, but I remember him being a beast in practice. Usually as a young player, when you are beasting in practice, and it doesn't quite translate to the game, it's just an experience/ confidence thing which, with our coaching staff, he will probably overcome. I have high hopes for him.

Man I wish the Colts taught a different technique when defending passes.

A lot of teams are switching to shooting the hands directly into the WR's hands, rather than swiping at the ball (which often results in a miss, like this, even when the CB is in great position, like Ya-Sin). 

So many great position coaches on the team, strange the Colts are behind the times in this respect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Man I wish the Colts taught a different technique when defending passes.

A lot of teams are switching to shooting the hands directly into the WR's hands, rather than swiping at the ball (which often results in a miss, like this, even when the CB is in great position, like Ya-Sin). 

So many great position coaches on the team, strange the Colts are behind the times in this respect.

From the position he's in compared to where Stills is, what else is Ya Sin supposed to do on this play?

18 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I always thought Rock was the quintessential Ballard pick. Skill and temperament wise. I think he’s special also. 

... and also trading back knowing he'd still be there and picking up another possible top 5 2nd round pick in the process. 

Khari Willis is looking to be the same. Feeling comfortable to trade up quite a bit to ensure they get him on day 3, and look at the kid now. Ballard's building a defense. We just need to keep building the defensive line. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jskinnz said:

From the position he's in compared to where Stills is, what else is Ya Sin supposed to do on this play?

As I said in my original post, it's not his positioning, it's the technique of doing an overhand swat at the ball, versus violently extending his hand across the "numbers" of Stills and raking it across his chest when Stills' hands flash for the ball.

The latter is a technique that many college and NFL teams are switching to, because of what is demonstrated by the above photo: 99% of the time, the overhand swipe misses and the WR catches the ball.  It's impossible to time.