Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Texans after the bye

Four2itus

33 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

And yet when he finally got an organization that puts the best talent around him he has ever had in his career he quits not wanting to go through a rehab on an injury that the front office admits was small potatoes compared to what he went through with the shoulder.  I don’t really see the other generational talents listed doing that.  Not Peyton, not Brady, etc.  Luck had his best shot to live up to all that hype and bailed on it.  I’m not giving him elite/generational status for that.

And QBs 40 or pushing it having surgeries this season and coming back to play either this season or next.

Luck should have tampons thrown at him wherever he goes.

11 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

he quits not wanting to go through a rehab on an injury that the front office admits was small potatoes compared to what he went through with the shoulder.

Maybe, but even so it may still be grueling.  Do not forget, Andrew was in a very dark place mentally with the shoulder scenario.  Now it was his calf +.  He didn't want to 'go back there again', and likely felt he was on that path again.

Physically and mentally. his 'joy' for the game was drained.

He deserves to live his life accordingly. He doesn't love (the joy of the game) football anymore because of what it was doing to him. He's moved on. So should the fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

And yet when he finally got an organization that puts the best talent around him he has ever had in his career he quits not wanting to go through a rehab on an injury that the front office admits was small potatoes compared to what he went through with the shoulder.  I don’t really see the other generational talents listed doing that.  Not Peyton, not Brady, etc.  Luck had his best shot to live up to all that hype and bailed on it.  I’m not giving him elite/generational status for that.

None of the QBs you listed have through what Luck went through. We still don’t have the details surrounding Lucks injury process in 2017, it’s ignorant to act as if you do. Saying “he bailed on it” is absolutely ludicrous, especially for a so called Colts fan. He is human just like anyone else, he deserves compassion and understanding.

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Maybe, but even so it may still be grueling.  Do not forget, Andrew was in a very dark place mentally with the shoulder scenario.  Now it was his calf +.  He didn't want to 'go back there again', and likely felt he was on that path again.

Physically and mentally. his 'joy' for the game was drained.

He deserves to live his life accordingly. He doesn't love (the joy of the game) football anymore because of what it was doing to him. He's moved on. So should the fans.

Oh...I have moved on.  Jacoby is great!  I’m enjoying having a QB that knows how to protect the football and still get his share of TD passes. The Colts team is getting the shine now and not just one man.  It’s refreshing actually.