Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Texans after the bye

Four2itus

I feel like you can’t solve this one with Xs and Os.  Each team is in a defensive pickle.  Colts: how do you slow down a red-hot Watson and a Top-5 rushing attack at the same time?  Texans: how do you stop TY from killing you (which he always does), while still keeping enough guys in the box to keep Nelson/Mack from killing you?  So, what happens?  My money is on the Colts, because they are the mentally tough team.  Houston has been terribly inconsistent under O’Brien, and I think they’ll lay an egg against a rested Colt team...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

I feel like you can’t solve this one with Xs and Os.  Each team is in a defensive pickle.  Colts: how do you slow down a red-hot Watson and a Top-5 rushing attack at the same time?  Texans: how do you stop TY from killing you (which he always does), while still keeping enough guys in the box to keep Nelson/Mack from killing you?  So, what happens?  My money is on the Colts, because they are the mentally tough team.  Houston has been terribly inconsistent under O’Brien, and I think they’ll lay an egg against a rested Colt team...

Knowing this team, our solution will be to play zone

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have no idea what to expect. This could go a lot of ways. It could be close and either team wins, Texans could blow the colts out. Not sure the colts could blow out the Texans though. Hopefully we won’t be rusty to start coming off the bye week.

Ramsey has been traded to the rams. If we beat texans the division  should be easier  to win now

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Bleacher Report on which team has the advantage. Should be a close game and the team that makes the fewest mistakes, will ultimately have the advantage.

I do think coaching = advantage Colts but we will see.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/gallery/indianapolis-colts-houston-texans-position-breakdown-week-7/

I agree that coaching is advantage Colts.   QB is advantage Houston though.

The Colts should have the advantage overall since they are at home and coming off a bye.  

49 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wow after a week off Desir and Moore still couldn’t practice. If they can’t go Sunday that would be disasterous.

I don’t remember the last time the Colts have played the Texans with a healthy Fuller and Hopkins. I still have trauma from Keke Coutee looking like a top-10 WR against us...And they should all be playing if I’m not mistaken.
It’ll be a fun one at Lucas Oil! I’ll be up in the nose bleeds screaming my head off haha 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CamMo said:

I don’t remember the last time the Colts have played the Texans with a healthy Fuller and Hopkins. I still have trauma from Keke Coutee looking like a top-10 WR against us...And they should all be playing if I’m not mistaken.
It’ll be a fun one at Lucas Oil! I’ll be up in the nose bleeds screaming my head off haha 

Fuller usually doesn't even finish any game where we have played him healthy.  He starts off healthy and then ends up injured.  I don't ever really remember too many games where Fuller was an impact. 

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

Everybody knows Chloe just has to have something to worry about!  Desir is just coming off an injury and probably shouldnt have even played against the Chiefs.  They are probably just resting him as precaution. 

I am not worried. They both practiced Monday so I am sure It was just a day to rest injuries. It’s something to watch though to see if it carries over to Sunday. He has had very good success against Hopkins.

• Like 1

One thing that is interesting about this game is both teams beat up a wounded KC team. Neither team has what you would call a great win. Texans s lost Carolina and only won by one point to the jags. As much as those wins against KC were great they were wounded. I think this is going to go a long way to show how good or average one of these teams are.  

Hooker is practicing today. Moore and Desir still are not practicing. I am praying hard they can go Sunday. I am shocked after a week they aren’t practicing. Our corners would be rock and Wilson. Taylor would be the slot. Moore would be a huge loss if we can’t use him to blitz. Going to be interesting if both teams have both their starting corners out.

On 10/15/2019 at 4:45 PM, runthepost said:

Brown plays for Seattle.. Tunsil is healthy

On 10/15/2019 at 5:04 PM, VaAllDay757 said:

Oh yeah I forgot

And the Texans have now gone 2 straight games without allowing a sack on Watson.  I'm more worried about DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller, and KeKe Coutee carving up zone.  Can we cover man to man well enough and get pass rush pressure on some critical (3rd down?) plays?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

And the Texans have now gone 2 straight games without allowing a sack on Watson.  I'm more worried about DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller, and KeKe Coutee carving up zone.  Can we cover man to man well enough and get pass rush pressure on some critical (3rd down?) plays?

ITS going to be ingesting to see if their oline is fixed. They played Atlanta and the chiefs in the last two games. They gave up 6 sacks to Carolina before those two games.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

They played 2 teams with a weak pass rush so we really don't know how their o-line is but they still have issues on the o-line 

Reich said when Moore and Desir went out the they were going to have to go to a basic vanilla scheme. If they don’t go it’s going to be hard to confuse Watson. They also have guys that can run routes. That’s why the man won’t work as well. I saw someone breaking down the KC game their WR we’re  just running to a spot. They were not running routes. Makes it easier to cover them in man. 

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Houston is a slight favorite despite the game is in Indy. Watson for the first time ever  is starting to scare me. 

thats not right, the spread is colts by 1 on most books

i saw one at .5, and some dont like to list a spread of zero and dont have it.  have not seen any that favor the texans 

20 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

thats not right, the spread is colts by 1 on most books

i saw one at .5, and some dont like to list a spread of zero and dont have it.  have not seen any that favor the texans 

In a way the home team always gets 3 automatic points. So by only being a one pt fav people are betting the Texans win.

I just saw this stat and it’s kind of jumps off the page with the way the Texans have been passing.

The Texans have allowed 1,608 total passing yards this season compared to 1,542 passing yards of their own.

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

In a way the home team always gets 3 automatic points. So by only being a one pt fav people are betting the Texans win.

I just saw this stat and it’s kind of jumps off the page with the way the Texans have been passing.

The Texans have allowed 1,608 total passing yards this season compared to 1,542 passing yards of their own.

Im not sure you understand how spreads work

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Im not sure you understand how spreads work

All I am saying is it seems most of the money is going on Houston since it’s a one point spread. Most of the time if it’s evenly matched don’t you usually see the home team with a 3 pt fav? Not talking if the home or road team is a clear favorite but if it’s between two evenly matched teams.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

All I am saying is it seems most of the money is going on Houston since it’s a one point spread. Most of the time if it’s evenly matched don’t you usually see the home team with a 3 pt fav? Not talking if the home or road team is a clear favorite but if it’s between two evenly matched teams.

That’s not quite how it works.. 

What did the market open at, and how far has it moved towards the Texans? 

Basically, the way I see it, if Houston beats the Colts this weekend, Houston WILL win the division.  If the Colts win, then of course the Colts will be in the driver’s seat, and more importantly, the Colts will have emerged as even MORE impressive of a threat.  

To me, bottom line for the Colts to win the division, not only is it an absolute MUST to beat Houston this weekend, but they would have to win the rematch as well (in addition to running the table against the Jags & Titans).  Fingers crossed. Go Colts!

• Like 2

As for the spread, with the Colts favoured by 1 ... my understanding is the goal of the sports books is to get action to be 50/50.  Ergo, by the Colts giving away a point, that would seem to indicate that the action has been heavier on the Colts, so the book gives a point away to try to get more action betting for Houston, to try and draw the over all action to 50/50 weighting.

Just now, rockywoj said:

As for the spread, with the Colts favoured by 1 ... my understanding is the goal of the sports books is to get action to be 50/50.  Ergo, by the Colts giving away a point, that would seem to indicate that the action has been heavier on the Colts, so the book gives a point away to try to get more action betting for Houston, to try and draw the over all action to 50/50 weighting.

I’m also fairly sure that’s not how it works. 

American spreads are slightly weirder, but here they’ll set the market at the most likely result, put a margin either side (which is their profit in effect) and then the market moves in line with amounts wagered on buy/sell. 

Using sports books to predict games is nonsensical, two different things.

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

What's up with Ebron. I saw on the injury report he DNP and listed as "illness".

Any info is appreciated.

They don’t get into what it is. Probably just how we all get sick once in awhile. Kelly missed a  practice before the Oakland game with a illness.

Edited by Chloe6124