Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard Presser 9/1 Anecdote

Scott Pennock

When queried about QB's he said they were looking at short AND long term options.

Brian Hoyer on a one or two year contract is obviously short term....

How about a 21 year old Tyree Jackson from Buffalo? 6'7", mobile, good arm....

Or even a Kyle Lauletta? 

Sign one of them to one of our 3 remaining spots on the PS and you've satisfied both needs?

Short-term: Brissett starting with Hoyer as primary back-up.

Long-term: Brissett gets a two-year audition for Long-term solution.  In the mean time, we keep our eyes open for other young QBs with potential, without making any big commitment.  Ooh, I see one now!: Kelly.

10 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ballard also pretty much mention Josh McDaniels and Andrew Luck in the same breath in terms of situational obstacles that had to overcome. I thought that was interesting.  He might be carrying a little chip. 

Re: "carrying a little chip", wouldn't you?

I like the way that Chris Ballard and Frank Reich address overcoming obstacles. Something is always coming up - deal with it.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 11:30 PM, Scott Pennock said:

When queried about QB's he said they were looking at short AND long term options.

Brian Hoyer on a one or two year contract is obviously short term....

How about a 21 year old Tyree Jackson from Buffalo? 6'7", mobile, good arm....

Or even a Kyle Lauletta? 

Sign one of them to one of our 3 remaining spots on the PS and you've satisfied both needs?

If you sign a player from another team's practice squad, you have to sign them to the 53 man roster.

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

He did say they like Kelly. 

I agree with him. 

If they like Kelly why sign Hoyer to a multi year deal.  Bring him in on a 1 year deal and cut him after Kelly's suspension is over.  I'm not saying Kelly is going to start right away but you would think they would use him as their backup.  

5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

If they like Kelly why sign Hoyer to a multi year deal.  Bring him in on a 1 year deal and cut him after Kelly's suspension is over.  I'm not saying Kelly is going to start right away but you would think they would use him as their backup.  

I mean.....Kelly's better than Walker. 

8 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Re: "carrying a little chip", wouldn't you?

I like the way that Chris Ballard and Frank Reich address overcoming obstacles. Something is always coming up - deal with it.

Heck yeah I would if I was a front office person or player. As a fan of this team I definitely do. I want to see this team still succeed despite Luck.