Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Do I Send A Thank You Letter To Curtis Painter?

ReMeDy

I think he needs words of encouragement. He's lived in Indiana the majority of his adult life, attending high-school in Indiana and playing for both Purdue and the Colts. As a fellow Hoosier, he no doubt had such high expectations for himself in the city of Indianapolis. It's sad that if he were to play for another team, he would finally have to leave Indiana behind.

He's also the same age as me (26) and doesn't care what people think about his facial hair, so I identify with him immensely. He needs a nice big man hug right now. I think he also watches Japanese anime. That might be an exaggeration.

I actually played High School Football against Curtis when he played at Vincennes. Seemed like he was a lot better at that level, he usually torched us.

The guy really does have a great arm but I don't think he can handle the speed of the NFL yet. Maybe he can do well in the Arena leagues or maybe Canada.

I heard Curtis Painter was picked up by Baltimore as No.3 QB behind Joe Flacco and Tyrod Taylor. Jim Caldwell must love him :).

Pretty sad to go from being a starter to down to no.3. That also tells you what the rest of the league thinks of him if the best he could get was a no.3 spot. Personally, I'm shocked he got an NFL spot whatsoever.

Pretty sad to go from being a starter to down to no.3. That also tells you what the rest of the league thinks of him if the best he could get was a no.3 spot. Personally, I'm shocked he got an NFL spot whatsoever.

Sorry, that was a rumor, should have updated and clarified. Apologies :). No confirmation yet of that, it was a rumor on rotoworld or somewhere that I read that.

I think he needs words of encouragement. He's lived in Indiana the majority of his adult life, attending high-school in Indiana and playing for both Purdue and the Colts. As a fellow Hoosier, he no doubt had such high expectations for himself in the city of Indianapolis. It's sad that if he were to play for another team, he would finally have to leave Indiana behind.

He's also the same age as me (26) and doesn't care what people think about his facial hair, so I identify with him immensely. He needs a nice big man hug right now. I think he also watches Japanese anime. That might be an exaggeration.

Yeah I kind of felt bad for the dude even though I've had my fair share of Painter bashing. I respect his effort and he had a very difficult task, heck he still looked better than Collins, I wish him the best and would give him a big man hug right there with ya if I could haha.

I think you could stop in at the local Marsh grocery store and thank him while he is bagging your produce up for you haha

Funny, but he does have a college degree from Purdue, that is huge. I think he at least would be the cashier at Marsh. He might even go right to assistant head cashier with his education.

By the way, just for you, here is a facebook fan club. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Curtis-Painter-Fan-Club/274729529176. Tell him I said thanks.

I saw the thread title and thought that it was a mean-spirited joke. It's good to see that the sentiments were honest - I completely agree.

Of course most of the rest of the comments are predictable (tired, not particularly funny) mean-spirited jokes. Much more important than demonstrating fairness and empathy I guess. Jeez. While it's unfortunate that a ridiculously low draft pick didn't miraculously morph into the second coming of Tom Brady, he's hardly the cause of our problems. He's gone, leave the poor guy alone already.